• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNP votes

BNP meets to vote on membership rule changes
    BNP leader Nick Griffin
    BNP leader Nick Griffin has urged party members to back the changes

The British National Party will hold an extraordinary meeting later for members to vote on amending its constitution to let black and Asian people join.

The BNP has been threatened with a possible court injunction over its whites-only membership policy by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

A court has told the party its rules must comply with race relations law.

BNP leader Nick Griffin has said ethnic minority members will be "welcomed" if they back the BNP's aims.

He said: "They'll be accepted, they'll be welcomed, providing they're there to do the things that we want to do, and providing they accept and agree with our principles.
    "

Backing urged

After a hearing at the Central London County Court last month, the BNP sent letters to its 14,000 members informing them of the proposed changes.

Mr Griffin has urged party members to back the changes to its constitution, saying it must "adapt or die", but he also condemned the commission's actions as "cynical and despicable" and a "waste of public money".

In the proposed new constitution a BNP member, whatever their racial origin, must be someone who "bona fide supports and agrees with each of the principles of the party".

What a moron .

So,blacks and whatever other non-white may join a party that asks for them to go back to the land of their ancestors.If they share this ideal,why don't they put it into practice and leave?If they don't,they cannot join the BNP.The ways of the bureaucracy are amusing.What a waste of time and paper.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
      So,blacks and whatever other non-white may join a party that asks for them to go back to the land of their ancestors.If they share this ideal,why don't they put it into practice and leave?If they don't,they cannot join the BNP.The ways of the bureaucracy are amusing.What a waste of time and paper.
      Its just mind games to show they are not biased ,and of course, pressure to maintain their legal party status , i dont think ANY ethnics will join , and if they do they will be alienated in the party and alienated outside of it , Griffin knows that Blacks and whatever will not join , if they do i will be surprised
      Last edited by tankie; 14 Feb 10,, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Its just mind games to show they are not biased ,and of course, pressure to maintain their legal party status , i dont think ANY ethnics will join , and if they do they will be alienated in the party and alienated outside of it , Griffin knows that Blacks and whatever will not join , if they do i will be surprised
        Alternatively the could join in sufficient numbers to change the party's constitution to effectively neuter it's aims.
        "There is no such thing as society" - Margaret Thatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiegunner View Post
          Alternatively the could join in sufficient numbers to change the party's constitution to effectively neuter it's aims.
          Maybe so ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiegunner View Post
            No doubt there will be number restrictions. No committee membership. No positions of authority. The BNP have to agree, by Law, to accommodate the ethnic minorities and they will comply with that Law but only just. No more no less.

Comment

I am from the UK and I think there is an interesting point to be made here between the BNP party who are deep down bigoted and quite vicious and then the average brit who lives in an area of huge immigration by poor migrants who feels neglected by the mainstream parties and feels that their old neighborhoods have been ruined and changed for the worse.
              This is what I see happening in the UK. For example there was news this week of Calais docks having kitchens catering for migrants waiting to illegally cross from France to the UK.
              Why are they not happy in France if they are fleeing persecution?
              The French are happy to aid their journey to the UK.
              This is why I see many ordinary working class people turning to the BNP thinking they are supporting the idea of been proud to be British instead of been ashamed to show any national pride in old British customs and long held rituals of daily life.
              But the BNP themselves have time and again demonstrated with secret filming and leaked lettters to be viscious and nasty and violent under the veneer of respectabilty which plays to these lost peoples pride.
              Just my two cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by dr prescription View Post
                This is why I see many ordinary working class people turning to the BNP thinking they are supporting the idea of been proud to be British instead of been ashamed to show any national pride in old British customs and long held rituals of daily life.
                So why don't they just vote for or start a party that promotes national pride and traditional British customs without scapegoating immigrants? There is nothing stopping you going for a couple of pints and a plate of bangers and mash at the pub on the weekend, then watching the football with your mates, just because there are a few Indian restaurants in the same street.

Comment

There are parties such as the England Party and a few very small parties.
                  What I am saying is that the BNP are getting votes from people who are disillusioned with the big parties. I am not speaking about myself at all as Iam labour through and through.
                  The BNP have tried to become legit and clean from their past NF but they are tapping into this feeling that especially muslims do not mix and try to create muslim law and that they are anti UK.
                  They got 1 million votes recently. I am saying that they have presented themselves as clean living pro Brit and this has attracted votes. And it is also worth remembering all of their main votes come from the very areas in the UK where mass immigration is at it's highest.
                  Don't take my points as personal beliefs as I am merely a political observer but I do and have always voted Labour and always will.

Comment

There are parties such as the England Party and a few very small parties.
                    What I am saying is that the BNP are getting votes from people who are disillusioned with the big parties. I am not speaking about myself at all as Iam labour through and through.
                    The BNP have tried to become legit and clean from their past NF but they are tapping into this feeling that especially muslims do not mix and try to create muslim law and that they are anti UK.
                    They got 1 million votes recently. I am saying that they have presented themselves as clean living pro Brit and this has attracted votes. And it is also worth remembering all of their main votes come from the very areas in the UK where mass immigration is at it's highest.
                    Don't take my points as personal beliefs as I am merely a political observer but I do and have always voted Labour and always will.
                    I'm not taking your points as personal beliefs, I just don't believe that somebody who votes for a party that is so transparently racist isn't being racist themselves and rather is just being nationalistic. I'm nationalistic and expect immigrants to make an effort to understand how Australia works and to participate (noting that most eventually do anyway because they want to), but their race is irrelevant to me. To suggest that BNP voters are just voting for the party for those reasons is an insult who makes the decision not to buy into the half truths and to do the right thing.
                    Last edited by Aussiegunner; 22 Feb 10,, 14:39.

Comment

You give the average voter too much scope for intelligence which they don't have.
                      They only see what their narrow minds allow them. Never under estimate the lack of intelligence of the average voter and how they align themselves with whoever says the same things as them.
                      But the BNP here have under gone a real face lift presenting a new front.
                      Of interest, it was reported today that an asian millionaire DJ has joined in order to attend meetings and make life hard for the party to operate!

Comment

You give the average voter too much scope for intelligence which they don't have.
                        They only see what their narrow minds allow them. Never under estimate the lack of intelligence of the average voter and how they align themselves with whoever says the same things as them.
                        Of interest, it was reported today that an asian millionaire DJ has joined in order to attend meetings and make life hard for the party to operate!
                        Where I come from in Queensland Australia the most votes our equivilent to the BNP, One Nation, every got in an election was 23%. For the rest of the country I think it was around 13%. That tells me that the "average voter" is smart enough to see through these bastards and that it is in fact a racist extreme that supports them.

Comment

Wow, you sound like pretty much every dictator, wannabe dictator & opponent of democracy over the past 250 years. Funnily enough, when these arrogant souls give forth on the stupidity of people they never apply this to themselves - they are better than the swill they look down on, of course. Personally I've always thought such people vastly overrate themselves.
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

An Indian-born Sikh pensioner is hoping to become the first non-white member of the far-right British National Party (BNP) because he wants to fight Islamic extremism, he said on Monday.
                            Singh praised Nick Griffin for "taking on the whole storm of lefties .Rajinder Singh, 78, is joining the BNP -- whose policies include stopping immigration -- after the party voted Sunday to change its constitution to admit ethnic minorities for the first time, following a court ruling.

Singh, a retired teacher, was born in West Punjab and left India in 1967.

He said he had seen the "potential of Islam", witnessing extensive violence after partition in 1947, and wanted to "save" Britain by working to prevent similar scenes here.

"Islam is global, it has zero loyalty to Britain," he said.

"The BNP are sons of soil and they are standing up for their soil. I wish we had a counterpart of the BNP in India in 1946."

He said he had adopted the "British way of life" but denied he had renounced Sikh values.

"Some Sikhs say 'You are not a Sikh', but I have core Sikh values," he added.

"Britain is changing, it's not the Britain I came to when I came in. The British people are worried, and the BNP is the expression of their worry".

Singh also praised BNP leader Nick Griffin for "taking on the whole storm of lefties" who wanted to encourage multiculturalism.

The BNP says it expects Singh to become an official member Tuesday, while Griffin has said he expects a "trickle, rather than a flood" of applications from ethnic minorities.

The party has no MPs in the House of Commons but two of its representatives sit in the European Parliament and it has dozens of local councillors around England

Heres the story , makes for confusional reading , an immigrant wants to stop immigration , oh yea , and Islam , but bravo for him , he has adopted the British way of life , which is all anyone can ask , and his cash wont come amiss as well ;)
                            Last edited by tankie; 23 Feb 10,, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Heres the story , makes for confusional reading , an immigrant wants to stop immigration , oh yea , and Islam , but bravo for him , he has adopted the British way of life , which is all anyone can ask , and his cash wont come amiss as well ;)
                              Tankie,

Given the man's confusion about the history of his nation of origin I'm not surprised that he misunderstands the BNP. It is indeed ironic that he claim that being a Sikh & an Englishman are not incompatible - precisely what 'multiculturalists' have been arguing & people like the BNP opposing for decades. Muslims may be on the first BNP-sponsored boats out of England, but Indians, blacks & most likely jews are next on the list.

You might find the links below informative. Either the chap in question is ignorant, deceptive or supportive of elements every bit as nasty as what he claims to oppose.

"The BNP are sons of soil and they are standing up for their soil. I wish we had a counterpart of the BNP in India in 1946."
                              There were parties just like the BNP in India in 1946, just ask Gandhi.

Nathuram Godse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                              X