PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Cigarettes

THL
13 Feb 10,, 03:11
Does anyone use these? Does anyone know anything about them? How does refilling a cartridge work? Is it better/more cost effective to refill a cartridge or to buy new ones? What is the comparison to actually smoking - for example how many cigarettes is a 20ml bottle equal to?

Etc Etc Etc

Confed is thinking of trying this to assist in quitting.

astralis
13 Feb 10,, 03:29
THL,

confed ain't a nicorette fan?

wish i could help-- good luck to Confed, though. one of the biggest things you can do to improve your life.

THL
13 Feb 10,, 03:31
THL,

confed ain't a nicorette fan?

wish i could help-- good luck to Confed, though. one of the biggest things you can do to improve your life.

He has been using that...but it is not working. He does not want to take the drugs and a friend @ work told him about this.

Thanks for the luck, I'll pass it on

sappersgt
13 Feb 10,, 04:28
Does anyone use these? Does anyone know anything about them? How does refilling a cartridge work? Is it better/more cost effective to refill a cartridge or to buy new ones? What is the comparison to actually smoking - for example how many cigarettes is a 20ml bottle equal to?

Etc Etc Etc

Confed is thinking of trying this to assist in quitting.

I have two friends who really like them. A third quit ecigs when his insurance started blood testing for nicotine! Ecigs have all the nicotine but don't come with one of the biggest downside of cigarettes, the smoke. I don't smoke, being around ecigs is a huge improvement. I myself don't date women who smoke, that does sometimes cause me problems. I would definitely date them if they switched.

Several years ago I was personally aware of a lot of back channel resistance to (FDA) approval of similar types of drug administering, that is vaporization and inhalation. The concern was that drug users who now shun intravenous injection would opt for the easier method if it was easily available. Well, it sure is now!

So, I was surprised when ecigs came on the market. I guess the Chinese made an end around. I have joked with my friends who use ecigs, asking if they'd thought about injecting a little cocaine or black tar heroin into their capsules. I can't be the only one who's thought about it, I wonder how many are doing just that?:eek:

sappersgt
14 Feb 10,, 02:16
I asked an aquaintance about his ecigs today, If it helped him stop smoking. The guy said, "I don't smoke anymore", after taking a (very) small drag. I gathered he feels ecigs aren't smoking. Interesting.

He said to get the "pen" type, it's way better than the smaller cigarette type which have to reloaded all the time. This is called the model 801 from "ecigsupply.com". I haven't checked the site. Hope this helps!:biggrin:

US_MiltCom
14 Feb 10,, 02:49
I tried my friends and I hated it, but then I'm not trying to quit so I have no reason to like it. Tasted like a very very very weak cigarette without the buzz, if he smokes for the oral fixation it might help.

Debbie
14 Feb 10,, 06:36
Good luck to Rob, hope this works for him!

omon
01 Mar 10,, 19:52
i wanted to try them, than i thought "screw them" and stopped smoking cold turkey, no pills, patches, nor gum. it is 4 weeks now that i smoke free, 2 weeks after were hard, wanted to smoke, but now i can stay next to a person smoking and have no desire to light up.
thou i actually feel worst now, have minor chest pains, minor headaches, but not so much cough yet, i know the hardest time is ahead, hopefully in a 6 mounts i should be feeling better.

TopHatter
01 Mar 10,, 22:08
i wanted to try them, than i thought "screw them" and stopped smoking cold turkey, no pills, patches, nor gum. it is 4 weeks now that i smoke free, 2 weeks after were hard, wanted to smoke, but now i can stay next to a person smoking and have no desire to light up.
thou i actually feel worst now, have minor chest pains, minor headaches, but not so much cough yet, i know the hardest time is ahead, hopefully in a 6 mounts i should be feeling better.

Good for you, that's exactly how I quit. I set a date and quit, no cutting back or anything.

I never had the cough oddly enough, though I wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with.

4 years and 5 months on, I feel great! :)

Wooglin
01 Mar 10,, 22:42

Doctor told me that everyone who quits gets a chest condition in the first few weeks because the cilia in your lungs are adapting. It goes away, but the urge never will.

ZekeJones
02 Mar 10,, 08:12
The Mrs. tried them out and she liked them. Her only complaint was the battery didn't hold a charge for long and she was always having to wait for it to charge so she could smoke.