Philosophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophy

Take this quiz, post your tension percentage, and let us begun a raging philisophical argument. First topic is atheism, should it be considered a religion? This is from a philisophical standpoint, not a moral or ethical one.

Regards, John Higgins

Originally posted by PhilosopherJohn
    Take this quiz, post your tension percentage, and let us begun a raging philisophical argument. First topic is atheism, should it be considered a religion? This is from a philisophical standpoint, not a moral or ethical one.

Regards, John Higgins
    Here's one - you lean your head back and open wide, and I dip my Balzac in your mouth, m'kay?

-dale

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
        Lol!
        I watched the Pol Forum at BFC slowly get destroyed by turds like this guy so I'm pretty impatient with them. The mods are better here though. :)

-dale

Comment

Trolls are definitely the scourge of any BBS.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilosopherJohn

Regards, John Higgins
            Trollism aside, let me ask, what's the difference between agnosticism and atheism? I myself have not one iota of religious belief (which does that make me?), and I disdain--even despise--organized religion, much as I feel that almost every one of them (including Islam) embraces a profoundly good ethic. I believe there could be reason for spirituality in the universe, but it has little or nothing to do with the ways in which human beings practice their respective religions.

But let me make a controversial statement of my own: most organized religions were started by a charismatic figure who in reality was little more than a superbly gifted cult leader. I certainly mean to include Jesus and Mohammed here--although I think all historical evidence points to Jesus having been a truly good man. Mohammed, by contrast, was apparently quite a warped fellow, if what I've read on another bulletin board contains even half-truths.

Now let me say something less provocative: In the absence of any such thing as a "God," we only have each other. We need to transcend the narrow dogmatism of religious doctrines, and the extremist warpings of same that have happened historically with virtually all religions (including Christianity at the time of the Crusades, as well as the current so-called "holy war," whose Muslim extremist proponents evidently aspire to a return to medieval standards of living). Our most sacred duty is to love (and come to understand) our neighbors on this small blue planet on which we live, whether or not some arcane religion, based on abject fallacy and the teachings of some megalo-maniac cult leader 1500 or 2000 years ago, tells us so.

My profundity for the evening.

:)

Comment

Not again.........
              "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

My most sacred duty is breathing, followed by the need to secure food and water on a regular(preferalbly daily) basis. ;)

Comment

My most sacred duty is breathing, followed by the need to secure food and water on a regular(preferalbly daily) basis. ;)
                  You've forgot sex, especially when you're still single.

Comment

Sex is 4th. Behind food and water, but ahead of shelter from the weather. ;)

Comment

Sex is 4th. Behind food and water, but ahead of shelter from the weather. ;)
                      Dude. Get your priorities straight. LOL
                      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                        Trollism aside, let me ask, what's the difference between agnosticism and atheism?
                        The atheist does not believe in the possibility of a deity, the agnostic does.

-dale

Comment

How long can a healthy male survive without food? without water?
                          A female? *hint-it is a trick question*

How long can a healthy femaile survive without food? without water? a male?

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster

Please...don't get us started.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster

Never mind all that food and water crap. How long can a healthy male survive without a healthy female
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X