PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIV

gunnut
08 Feb 10,, 22:31
The Saints won! Didn't see the game. But I thought hell must have frozen over.

This picture confirmed my suspicions:

ArtyEngineer
09 Feb 10,, 01:20
It was a good game. Even though after teh first Quarter I was thinking "Oh sh!t, the stage is too big, the pressure too much, the Saints are bottling it". I tell you, being a Saints fan is the definition of Masochism its emotionally draining, pure torture on occasion, but you keep coming back. You just never know whats going to happen. But they did it ;) As I have been saying to folks today, I guess thats it "The end is nigh"!!!!!

What has annoyed me about the post game commentary is that the kicker Garrett Hartly is not getting the credit he deserves. That second quarter the Saints had all the pressure and possesion but could not get in the end zone. If Hartly hadnt stepped up and made his two LONGEST kicks of the season they would have gone in at Half time with nothing to show for it!!! Would have been a totally different game if that were the case. So for me he is the kid needs to be applauded. He kept them in it, and gave them a platform and belief to go on to win it from.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Arty

gunnut
09 Feb 10,, 01:24
The last Saints kicker I remember was Morten Anderson...:tongue:

Freeloader
10 Feb 10,, 05:39
What has annoyed me about the post game commentary is that the kicker Garrett Hartly is not getting the credit he deserves. That second quarter the Saints had all the pressure and possesion but could not get in the end zone. If Hartly hadnt stepped up and made his two LONGEST kicks of the season they would have gone in at Half time with nothing to show for it!!! Would have been a totally different game if that were the case. So for me he is the kid needs to be applauded. He kept them in it, and gave them a platform and belief to go on to win it from.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Arty

He also won the NFC Championship game for the Saints after they really should of lose to the Vikings (who beat themselves, sadly)

He should of been game MVP, but you know they likely never will give it to a kicker. Was a pretty good game overall, nothing terribly exciting though.
Dorritos dominated the commercials for the 4th straight year though. I'm buying their chips more simply because at least THEY are keeping SB tradition alive of good commercials.