PDA

View Full Version : Top Long Rifleman

Tinkertoys
19 Apr 05,, 06:27
Today at the library, I found this interesting tidbit of info: The US military does not have the best snipers, the USSS does, in the form of the United States Secret Service Counter Snipers.

-Tink

sniperdude411
19 Apr 05,, 22:55
I'm sure they are, since they have to protect the most important person in the world.

Bill
20 Apr 05,, 05:22
The USSS has the best pool to draw from, so it only makes sense they'd have the best snipers. The FBI HRT snipers are also extremely good.

Out of curiosity, what's got you looking into snipers at the library?

Edit to add: I guess the troll won't be answering that question since he just got his dumbasss banned. :)

sniperdude411
20 Apr 05,, 21:34
"I guess the troll won't be answering that question since he just got his dumbasss banned. :)"
What was up with him?

Bill
20 Apr 05,, 21:54
Troll posting under multiple screen names.

sniperdude411
20 Apr 05,, 22:16
Ah. Now I see. Why do people do that?
And an anti-gun USMS?!?!?
That's like almost like a fast $500 PC from 2000 (My 5-year-old iMac still works great).

korppi76
21 Apr 05,, 14:58
The USSS has the best pool to draw from, so it only makes sense they'd have the best snipers. The FBI HRT snipers are also extremely good.

This might be stupid question but does USSS get its snipers from military or from elsewhere? This came to my mind because I was just wondering that "best pool" thing and that made me to think that they select best from military and from other agencies. (I am probably totally wrong . I have no idea how Secret Service selects its agents/personel)
And another question: what or who is/are HRT?

AutopilotOFF
21 Apr 05,, 16:26
This might be stupid question but does USSS get its snipers from military or from elsewhere? This came to my mind because I was just wondering that "best pool" thing and that made me to think that they select best from military and from other agencies. (I am probably totally wrong . I have no idea how Secret Service selects its agents/personel)
And another question: what or who is/are HRT?

The HRT is the FBI hostage rescue team.

Bill
21 Apr 05,, 17:35
" This might be stupid question but does USSS get its snipers from military or from elsewhere?"

The USSS can draw from the military, police SWAT, CIA, FBI, etc.

Being a secret service agent is a highly prestigious job, and it pays better than the FBI does...so the USSS tends to get access to the best candidates. On top of that, i would imagine the USSS sniper program is probably very good.

korppi76
22 Apr 05,, 05:25
Thanks, I had thought they might get their sniper that way but wasn't sure.

deadly Camper
22 Apr 05,, 13:05
Sorry, but could anyone explain to me the word "troll"?
I have no idea what it means... :confused:

Is the USSS a task force made to protect someone? I think sniperdude made an suggestion like that...

Bill
22 Apr 05,, 16:35
The USSS protects the president of the US.

A troll is someone that comes to a board under false pretenses, or to start trouble.

Franco Lolan
22 Apr 05,, 20:47
USSS stands for "United States Secret Service."