Movie Review - The Hurt Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Review - The Hurt Locker

Just picked up and watched "The Hurt Locker" Bloody good movie!!! Pretty realistic depiction of EOD who quite franky are all slightly nuts!!!!! Obviously a little over the top but it is a movie afterall. Reasonable portrayal of life down range. The movie didnt have me screaming at my computer "bullshit" or "thats not what would happen" Id would give it an 8 out of 10.

Anyone else seen or care to comment on this movie? I hadnt even heard of it until recently. Did it get a theater release?
    "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
    Just picked up and watched "The Hurt Locker" Bloody good movie!!! Pretty realistic depiction of EOD who quite franky are all slightly nuts!!!!! Obviously a little over the top but it is a movie afterall. Reasonable portrayal of life down range. The movie didnt have me screaming at my computer "bullshit" or "thats not what would happen" Id would give it an 8 out of 10.

Anyone else seen or care to comment on this movie? I hadnt even heard of it until recently. Did it get a theater release?
    OK. In the que.

Prof

Comment

One of the best, and probably my favorite movie of last year. As you said, there were some of the usual Hollywood mistakes but overall it seemed to be a much more honest depiction of war, not that I'm particularly qualified to make that judgment.

I would go so far as to say that it's one of the few good war movies to come out in the past decade and the best movie yet about the second conflict in Iraq. Highly recommended.

edit: I believe it was in limited theatrical release. I pirated it about 3 months before it came out and enjoyed it so much I went and bought a DVD copy as soon as it was released
      Last edited by US_MiltCom; 30 Jan 10,, 22:27.

Comment

Working...
      X