• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new ride

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo

Murdered (blacked out)
    Jim Wolf ECU
    Autometer gauges
    HKS Hi-Power turbo back exhaust with cat delete (they are big to flow not to resonate like a Honda)
    1pc aluminum drive shaft
    Fidanza Light Weight flywheel
    short throw shifter
    lowered
    blue HID's
    2x Rockford-Fosgate amps 500 and 700
    2x 12' kicker solobaric subs
    Pioneer head unit
    aluminum sub frame bushings
    EGR bypass
    Jspec tail lights
    Stainless Steel brake lines

Coming soon- tune and boost jets.

Originally posted by zraver View Post
    1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo

2x Rockford-Fosgate amps 500 and 700
    2x 12' kicker solobaric subs
    Pioneer head unit
    Nice ride.

Does it come with earplugs?

Comment

how do those cars compare to contemporary sports cars (3rd gen F-bodies, 5.0 mustangs, C4 Corvettes, Fieros, etc) performance-wise?

Comment

Where do you fit the baby seat??
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
          Nice ride.

Does it come with earplugs?
          No

eocoolj how do those cars compare to contemporary sports cars (3rd gen F-bodies, 5.0 mustangs, C4 Corvettes, Fieros, etc) performance-wise?
          Stock for stock year for year the 300zx twin turbo was the cats meow unless you were in a vette. It came standard with 300hp and a .9 skid pad rating on tires of the period. The F bodies arrived in 93 and roughly equaled the straight line the performance of the now 3 year old 300zx but were far behind in handling. The mustangs were not even in the running out side of a straight 1/4 mile run. The 300 would out handle them and turned in equivalent 1/4 mile times.

The Nissan did it with 6 instead of 8 :) although the 300zx was pricey. When it left production in 96 the price tag had climbed north of $40,000

Where do you fit the baby seat??
          You don't, that is why the week before I bought my wife a brand new Hyundai Elantra Touring (i30). The 300zx TT is my toy.

Comment

So this thread is not about your wife/girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
              So this thread is not about your wife/girlfriend?
              Mistress

Comment

Dude, didn't you just get a new car?

What happened to your old Z?
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Dude, didn't you just get a new car?

What happened to your old Z?
                  I bought the wife a 2010 Hyundai Elantrra Touring a couple of weeks back. I still have the 88SS 300zx, but its a long term restore project now. This will be my weekend fun car until the SS is up to shape.

Comment

Nice ride indeed. I've always been a fan of the 300ZX's styling, it still looks modern even today despite being 20yrs old.

So, with the black on black on black coloring of that beast, how long before you start running some kind of illegal product at 130mph down backroads on a moonless night with night vision goggels on?
                    You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Originally posted by Rumrunner View Post
                      Nice ride indeed. I've always been a fan of the 300ZX's styling, it still looks modern even today despite being 20yrs old.

So, with the black on black on black coloring of that beast, how long before you start running some kind of illegal product at 130mph down backroads on a moonless night with night vision goggels on?
                      Funny you should ask.....

The cars lights are rewired. Turn the headlights on and only the front headlights come on no marker lights, no tails. You have to hit the rear window defroster to make everything else come on. Murdered out high speed car, no tail lights makes you wonder what a previous owner was doing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        The cars lights are rewired. Turn the headlights on and only the front headlights come on no marker lights, no tails. You have to hit the rear window defroster to make everything else come on. Murdered out high speed car, no tail lights makes you wonder what a previous owner was doing lol.
                        Hmm....did you carfax that thing for outstanding warrants? Jeeze....

Reminds me of a guy I knew of back in my youthful and far crazier days. He owned a flat black Lambo Countach with black interior, black tints and flat black rims and would drive it from the Bronx to Albany where he would meet a, well, "friend". This "friend" would bring "things" from Montreal that he would give to the guy with the Lambo. The Lambo guy would the drive back from Albany to the Bronx by way of the Taconic Parkway, an unlit and very twisty-turney state highway at top speed with no lights on and reportedly using military spec night vision goggles to see where he was going in the middle of the night.

From reliable sources in the NY State Trooper ranks (the guy my parents bought their house from, former commander of Troop K) officers using radar guns would hear a scream and a whoosh then their radar guns would register some triple digit number. Eventually this got old for the smokies, so they decided to set a little trap for the guy. For a week every month all seven duty cars were out on the Southbound lanes, with two hiding behind an overpass with a spike strip ready to go. Sure enough the guy in the Lambo came screaming down the Taconic one night and the other cars called out his position as he went. The spike strip went out and nailed him.

Unfortunately, loss of all 4 tires at triple digit speeds is not healthy. They were pulling car parts out of the woods and the guy's armpits out of the trees for days after the wreck. Oh well, ya play with fire....
                        You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Milspec NVG's would get you killed at high speeds, no depth perceptipon, tunnel vision and white light washout from on coming traffic. This is one reason for the push to FLIR, it at least is immune to white light wash out.

Comment

Working...
                          X