Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'

I agree with him, as I have been saying for years.
    ===========
    UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'
    By
    Kyle Koster
    UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country' - Sports Pros(e)
    on January 21, 2010 6:48 AM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBacks (0)
    Brock-Lesnar-100209.jpgUltimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar finally weighed in on the Canadian health care system yesterday in press conference announcing his return to fighting after a bout with diverticulitis.

Lesnar described his harrowing illness, which reportedly struck him while hunting in Manitoba, and the subsequent quality of care he received north of the border.

"I love Canada," said Lesnar. "Some of the best people and best hunting in the world, but I wasn't in the right facility."

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he added. "It was like I was in a Third World country, I just looked at my wife and she saved my life and I had to get out of there."

That wife? Why, it's former WWE wrestling superstar Sable.

Of course it is.
    Lesnar, a self-described "carnivore, says his diverticulitis was brought on by his all-protein diet.

For those of you who aren't doctors, that's when saclike herniations form on the outside of the colon and become inflamed.

It sound just miserable.

The fighting enthusiast used these herniations to stump against the health care bill. This is America, after all.

"The only reason I'm mentioning this, I'm mentioning it to the United States of America because President Obama is looking for health care reform and I don't want it ... I'm speaking on behalf of Americans, I'm speaking on behalf of our doctors in the United States that don't want this to happen and neither do I."

Glad he's OK, but not sure how much credence he should be given on this issue. He's comparing treatment from the Mayo Clinic to what is believed to be a rural outpost in Manitoba.

Not exactly a fair fight.

We'll see if the notorious nice people of Canada take umbrage with any of this.

UFC's Lesnar berates Canadian health care as Third World

January 21, 2010
    UFC's Lesnar berates Canadian health care as Third World - thestar.com
    MORGAN CAMPBELL
    {{GA_Article.Images.Alttext$}}

Brock Lesnar strikes a pose at a weigh-in for UFC 87 in 2008. He plans to resume his fighting career this summer.
    THE CANADIAN PRESS FILE PHOTO

Two months after nearly dying in the Canadian wilderness, UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is healthy and ready to fight – against challengers to his belt and against anyone advocating health care reform in the U.S.

Lesnar still won't say exactly where in Canada he was last November, when a severe bout of diverticulosis made him so ill that his career and long-term quality of life both were jeopardized, but in a conference call to announce his return to action he blasted the hospital system here.

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he said Wednesday. "It was like I was in a Third World country. ... I'm just stating the facts here, and that's the facts. If I had to choose between getting care in Canada or in the United States, I definitely want to be in the United States."

The disdain the UFC heavyweight champion, who calls himself a "Conservative Republican," feels for Canada's health care system bubbled over after a November hunting trip.

For about a year beforehand Lesnar had suffered from intermittent stomach pains, fatigue and flu symptoms, but worked through the discomfort, which U.S. doctors eventually diagnosed as mononucleosis.

But the symptoms persisted and drained him so badly that he had to cancel a Nov. 21 title defence against Shane Carwin. With his calendar suddenly wide open he headed to Canada for a hunting trip, where sharp stomach pain and a 40C fever sent him into shock and into hospital.

When Lesnar arrived at the hospital – three hours' drive from his Canadian cabin but within driving distance of Bismarck, N.D. – he said doctors were unhelpful, and unable to diagnose him because of malfunctioning equipment.

After his wife checked him out and drove him to a hospital in Bismarck, doctors diagnosed him with diverticulosis, a condition characterized by inflamed and perforated pouches in the lining of the intestine.

In Lesnar's case, a hole in his colon had grown unchecked for a year, giving rise to the infection that finally toppled him in November.

Lesnar says his poor treatment in Canada and quick diagnosis in America confirm his belief that the U.S. should resist any attempts to socialize its health care system.

But joining the political battle against health care reform doesn't mean Lesnar has abandoned throwing down in the ring.

In between taking shots at Canada's health care system, he did address his future in the octagon, which he said includes a return to serious training Thursday morning and a summer title defence against the winner of a March bout between contenders Carwin and Frank Mir.

[email protected]
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Well, not to defend the health care system Pres Obama and company want to impose on the US, but even here in the good ole US of A you can find at least one medical horror story. Indeed, those who want something free like Canada could trot plenty of them out to make their case.
    Last edited by JAD_333; 21 Jan 10,, 16:41.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
      I agree with him, as I have been saying for years.
      You're just mad that we won't take back She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Comment

With more patriots like Brock Lesnar we are finally getting the story out about you people
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

With more patriots like Brock Lesnar we are finally getting the story out about you people
          I heard they eat their young , i believe celines are a bit tough tho

Comment

How many Americans watch Brick Lesnar? How many Americans listen to She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named? Specifically, how many women listen to She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named?

She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is drowning out old Brock there.

Comment

Enough said...

Mod Edit: St Peters's slippers forgive me.

Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 22 Jan 10,, 03:12.

Comment

Dunno OoE, Think after troung's post I might be watching more of the chap - having never seen/heard of him before.

She who shall not be named however, see her once and you never go back :)
                Ego Numquam

Comment

That's the point and yet, how often are we tortured by her very presence?

Comment

Wait? A UFC fighter is a credible source in the health care debate?

I don't doubt the validity of his anecdote, but there are more credible sources out there for both sides.

Having read a fair amount of the health care bill, and done some reading on the matter, I'm as concerned as the next guy about nationalized health care, but Mr. Lesnar's story is anecdotal at best.
                    USNA 2014?

Comment

Brock would smash her. Take her down and GnP her before she can open her filthy mouth.

Are you a closeted Canadian? Brock is UFC heavyweight champion, enough said.

Having read a fair amount of the health care bill, and done some reading on the matter, I'm as concerned as the next guy about nationalized health care, but Mr. Lesnar's story is anecdotal at best.
                      Canadians are a nasty third world people, truth. I'm sure their "health care" is part of what is wrong with them as a people.

===========
                      Lesnar is leading the charge against Canada.... pray for him....

Canada riled by Brock Lesnar criticism

Friday, January 22, 2010 | Print Entry

Posted by Jake Rossen/Sherdog.com
                      Canada riled by Brock Lesnar criticism - ESPN
                      Brock Lesnar stirred some political discussion Wednesday by saying he believed Canada had a "Third World" approach to health care following an acute diverticulitis attack late in '09. (I really try to be accommodating, but I can't describe diverticulitis again. See here for exposition. It's awful. Eat your vegetables.)

Unwilling to swallow Lesnar's critique, Manitoba health officials told TSN.ca this week that Canada's health care is perfectly fine, thanks so much for asking.

"I will listen to critics and learn from critics but also evaluate the point of view from which they're coming," Health Minister Theresa Oswald said in response to Lesnar's poke. "This is more about partisan American politics and bashing American healthcare reform, and I'm not particularly interested in getting engaged in that. Canada has lots to be proud of in terms of providing health care for everyone."

That sound you hear? The UFC ramping up a Lesnar-Tim Hague grudge match.

============
                      I see some Commie edited my post...

Comment

Brock would smash her. Take her down and GnP her before she can open her filthy mouth.
                        As you see, Troung, plenty to take her place as She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Canadians are a nasty third world people, truth. I'm sure their "health care" is part of what is wrong with them as a people.
                        You may be right ... but we're still not taking her back. You invited her in to Las Vegas. You keep her.
                        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 22 Jan 10,, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo 2-3 View Post

I don't doubt the validity of his anecdote, but there are more credible sources out there for both sides.

This isn't about health care any more. This is about getting back at those barbarians to the north for She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. This is about WAR!!!
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The mods keep locking the necro threads before I get a chance to post.

Originally posted by OOE
                            Survey says "At least once more"

OoE claims not to like her, but I will bet her music is played at his house.

As Gunnut always says "This thread is useless without pictures"

So for those that don't know who "SWSNBN" is.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Gun Grape; 23 Jan 10,, 04:21.

Comment

^I'm glad you took the plunge and posted those pics first, Gunny.

I recall most of us are on thin ice with the colonel from the last get-go. :))

Ok, now that the gates are open....IT'S PICTURE POSTING TIME! :))
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by YellowFever; 23 Jan 10,, 05:56.

Comment

Working...
                              X