Bloody Colonials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Colonials

After all the crappy americans remakes of british shows I knew it was a matter of time before they went for the holy grail....

Fox just announced that they are dipping into Dr. Who territoy...

Though instead of making a American version of the Doctor they are going with the Spin-Off Torchwood. I can't wait to see any british charm of the original being replaced with explosions and half naked female aliens..bloody colonials...

but at least it's on Fox, so it should get canned after a few episodes anyway.

Dr. Who the series had been broadcasted on American TV's for long as I can remember (early 1960's) almost if and not longer then Monty Python.;)

Tv's were still black and white then.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

they are not simply broadcasting it (thats perfectly fine) they are REDOING the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
        they are not simply broadcasting it (thats perfectly fine) they are REDOING the show!
        Correct. I dont think they should either but one must please the masses wether its a flop or not.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Fox wants to RE-DO Torchwood? That show just came out a few years ago.

It's a decent show. What I cannot stand is everyone in that show is homosexual. Come on, there are homos in the world but let's not go that far.

By the way, Tarek, you missed my jab at the French in the Haiti thread.
          Last edited by gunnut; 19 Jan 10,, 22:52.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

It's a decent show. What I cannot stand is everyone in that show is homosexual. Come on, there are homos in the world but let's not go that far.
            I have not watched the whole show (the first season was pretty awful, but the miniseries they did for the third was great), but I am pretty sure the femaile lead was straight and the Captain is not homosexual but rather..omnisexual.

I just don't see the need to always redo british shows for the american audiance, even more so when it comes to doctor who. The show works only because it is british..but for now I need to check the french-thing is about

Comment

I just don't see the need to always redo british shows for the american audiance, even more so when it comes to doctor who. The show works only because it is british..but for now I need to check the french-thing is about
              They redid "The Coupling". that was s sitcom and should have been easy-peasy compared to what they going to attempt now, but nooooo...

That was a resoundiung flop too, even with the beautiful Rena Sofer in it
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

I have not watched the whole show (the first season was pretty awful, but the miniseries they did for the third was great), but I am pretty sure the femaile lead was straight and the Captain is not homosexual but rather..omnisexual.

Crap...I forgot too...

I'm sure that post was somewhere around Jan. 19th...

Comment

[QUOTE=gunnut;710529]It's a decent show. What I cannot stand is everyone in that show is homosexual. Come on, there are homos in the world but let's not go that far.QUOTE]

You must have loved "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" then. ;)
                  Last edited by Aussiegunner; 03 Feb 10,, 12:27.
                  "There is no such thing as society" - Margaret Thatcher

Comment

Aussiegunner Reply

"...Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"

Funny stuff, that one.:))
                    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

What's "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?"

I guess a search on the interweb is needed...

Is it work safe?

Comment

Working...
                      X