Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am So Ashamed of Myself At This Moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIPjbI8euwY

Minute 5:20 is the best. For the record, my name is not Ido.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

I want the name of that mall so I can meet Ido. :))

Comment

I was just thinking that some clarification wold probably help: My job is exactly what that lady is describing. I seduce old women and sell them Dead Sea cosmetics. I sell to men and young/middle aged women as well, but the most of them are 60+, and probably buy only because we flirt so shamelessly with them...
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        I was just thinking that some clarification wold probably help: My job is exactly what that lady is describing. I seduce old women and sell them Dead Sea cosmetics. I sell to men and young/middle aged women as well, but the most of them are 60+, and probably buy only because we flirt so shamelessly with them...
        It's a job, it pays the bills. Stand tall and have some pride...even if you're seducing old women into buying expensive cosmetics, you retail whore! :))
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I must admit that, Yes, I have bought some of the dead sea products from a mall kiosk. Didn't have some handsome man seducing me though!
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

Considering that today I made $555 USD, yes, it does pay the bills, and then some, but I'm ****ing buggered, I'm tired. I can barely function, and tomorrow is yet another 15 hour day! Joy to the world! Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

Well theres 8 minutes wasted that I cant get back.:P
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Meh.....she is a fruit loop. I've sold in kiosk before, you gotta know how to sell otherwise the money won't be made.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Sure you got to sell, but you also have to know your limits. Just as an example, one fellow who worked for me actually started the job in England last Christmas. His approach did not work too well down here in Australia. Way too loud, way too out there and I'm fairly sure he's the only person in our company's 8 year history to have been thrown out of 3 separate malls. It's actually sort of an achievement...

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                    Meh.....she is a fruit loop. I've sold in kiosk before, you gotta know how to sell otherwise the money won't be made.
                    Now you are tempting lewd thoughts from the likes of Tankie and cohorts:))

Comment

Sure you got to sell, but you also have to know your limits. Just as an example, one fellow who worked for me actually started the job in England last Christmas. His approach did not work too well down here in Australia. Way too loud, way too out there and I'm fairly sure he's the only person in our company's 8 year history to have been thrown out of 3 separate malls. It's actually sort of an achievement...
                      Yes, Australians can react poorly to the 'hard sell'. I think Ido's tactics are probably more the go (come on Bigross, admit it, your middle name is Ido ;)).

Just curious, which part of Oz are you based in? Hope the pre-Christmas sales went well & you are coping with the Boxing Day sales. Better you than me.
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I'm currently in Mackay, after having hit Coff's Harbour, Bundaberg, Gympie, Noosa, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Rockhampton again, and the shithole of the central Queensland outback, Emerald.

Actually, my middle name is Isaac. This lady is definitely an American or Canadian.

The pre-Xmas sales were great, I went shopping on boxing day. Tomorrow I head up to cairns for some scuba diving and New Year's celebrations.

The money was good enough that in half a years work I managed to save (after a few very extravagant expenses) over $25,000 AUD

Comment

I'm currently in Mackay, after having hit Coff's Harbour, Bundaberg, Gympie, Noosa, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Rockhampton again, and the shithole of the central Queensland outback, Emerald.

Actually, my middle name is Isaac. This lady is definitely an American or Canadian.

The pre-Xmas sales were great, I went shopping on boxing day. Tomorrow I head up to cairns for some scuba diving and New Year's celebrations.

The money was good enough that in half a years work I managed to save (after a few very extravagant expenses) over $25,000 AUD
                          Glad to hear you've been making good dough, pity about the itinery.

There are a couple of nice spots there, but having grown up in rural NSW/Vic I have no great desire to spend time in the Qld version (a brief holiday in Toowomba as a kiddie was quite enough). About 20 years ago a mate of mine got his first job out of uni with a minig outfit out of Rockhampton. He sent me a letter that began with the phrase 'this is the arse end of the world'...and this from a guy who grew up on a farm sth of Melbourne. After 20 years of travelling the world - including a lot of the 3rd world - his opinion of that part of Qld hasn't changed much.

Enjoy the scuba diving - did some years ago & loved it. Diving on coral is just the best.

Give me a shout if you head far enough south & I'll set up a cold one on the bar for you.:)
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I agree, it is the ass end of the world, but the miners make a lot of money here, and if you're a smooth talker like I am, well... Plus, their wives also have lots of money. Rocky also has lots of money, all that cattle.

I'm going to be in Melbourne on the night of the 11th of January. 12-14 I've got a company convention (read: 3 days of getting shitfaced) Night of the 14th I should be back in Melbourne though. 15th in the morning I'm flying to Sydney. Drop us a message with your number, I'll give you a ring when I get there

Comment

Oh my god, you absolute A$$hole! I want to smack you silly, your codwashin' bannana bender. Someone, I forget who, gave me some dead sea salt + oil (I only read the label later), after going to the Adelaide show. It sat in the centre console of my ute for like a year, before I decided to use it for sake's sake despite having my suspicion anyway. The person, I'm pretty sure it was family, said that it was to help with dermatitis (this was pre me actually going to a PROFESSIONAL) to get the damned problem looked at.

Not only did that $hite inflame my dermatitis, it stung like buggery too.

So, now, next time your in Adelaide, you can come to my joint, where I get to extract the same disappointment out of that product, preferably on your head, just like mine, that it gave me.

Then we can call it quits, and go down to the local pub, get drunk and laugh about the absolute crock it is.

Oh yeah, plus you will apologise unreservedly to whomever it was that bought it in the first place, whether or not you are responsible for the sale. I believe it is made in that hovel of a place called Victoria.

:p
                              Ego Numquam

Comment

Working...
                              X