Song you hate to love....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song you hate to love....

Ok, Reading some of Shek's threads about albums and what sort of media I've owned, gave me an idea to create this thead.

Simply, what disgustingly "girly" song do you really really like?

A song that you're ashamed to like....but you really do.

The kind of song that when it comes on the radio, you just close the window and sing it out loud..even though you know it's so wrong.

For me..it's always been this song. :(

P.S. I know the colonel will be dissapointed, but let's keep the Celine Dion songs to a minimum. :)

Well this is a song u will def hate. no questions about it.

The scene at 2:07 and 2:08 are kinda creepy

Comment

Melanie's "I don't Eat Animals" is the unintentionally funniest song in the history of the planet. "...& they won't eat me, No, No..." It's an anthem, no THE anthem, to ecolefty goofiness. "I won't eat white flour, white sugar makes you rot. White could be beautiful but mostly it's not..."

Find it. Listen to it. As some songs make your car go faster & get better gas mileage, this puppy augments road rage.

Prof

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        P.S. I know the colonel will be dissapointed, but let's keep the Celine Dion songs to a minimum. :)
        Since the embarassing confessions will be coming out, I admit my acoustical choices as a young teenager amaze me today and not in a good way I found an old CD cleaning out my closet the other, scratched and stuff, computer and player wouldn't even play it, but it managed to work in the car. Driving around to a meeting I listened to not just the original My Heart Will Go on, but also the Remix version, squeezed in between some Backstreet Boys and Aqua numbers. I suppose thats what happens when as a kid you have a 7yrs elder sister to influence your musical tastes.
        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Can't believe I'm saying this, but years ago my teenage daughter got me hooked on the Spice Girls. One of thier songs comes on the radio I just can't turn it off. Now if I was to come across one of thier videos, well, a 42 yr old heterosexual man would have plenty of reasons to be interested, but to like thier music.......?

Anyway, there's my dark secret.

Comment

OK, Knauie, "my heart will go on", I admit, I do not change the station when it comes on when I'm driving. :(

But, Snipe......Spice Girls?????????

That's lower than low....that's disgusting......that's an abomination before the world!

Do what I do. Just mute the volume and enjoy the visual when one of their videos come on. :)
            Last edited by YellowFever; 17 Dec 09,, 16:38.

Comment

Can't help it,, love Gloria Gaynor's I will survive

and this is why!:))

Cheers.

Comment

In the movie "Josie and the Pussycats", there's a boy band that sings a song called "Back Door Lover". It was a long time ago that Ashley and I would watch this movie over and over again, and she loved the song. It does have a catchy tune. Anyway, now that she's older, she now knows exactly what the song is implying. Even though we both "hate" it, we still can't resist the urge to sing it when we're listening to the CD!
                “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                sigpic

Comment

Nesam dorma , cos i cant reach the last note in copy key

Comment

Day Dream Believer. The Monkees
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

You're Still The One, Shania Twain Used to be a huge Shania Twain fan ages ago.
                      When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

"Afternoon Delight", Starland Vocal Band.

I will also admit to not minding when my better half starts playing Jasmine Leong's sappy Taiwanese romance songs, too.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
                          You're Still The One, Shania Twain Used to be a huge Shania Twain fan ages ago.
                          I still am , man i feel like that woman , every night

Comment

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I mean, c'mon... he was a skater boy, and she said "see you later boy", cuz he wasn't good enough for her...*sniff*

Damn, 7thsf... Spice Girls?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X