A whiny whiny girl rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whiny whiny girl rant

The last month has been one filled with stress and downs and more downs. Today things seemed to have "hit me" so here goes my whine...

Let's see, it all started when someone hit my Jeep @ the beginning of November. Totalled it. Gone. I loved my Jeep. I miss my Jeep. When you see the sign's that say "It's a Jeep Thing" - I get that.:) It got better when, a day later, I found out that the guy that hit me did NOT have insurance. He also has a 15 year history of getting caught driving without insurance and on a suspended license. So here, 5 weeks later, I am still having trouble with my knee (although in the last week it seems to have gotten better). Still bruised, still swollen, still hurts. But getting better slowly. We looked into filing a suit against the guy, but the only thing he owns is his truck (a 1989 C1500) that was also totalled in the accident. He is also behind on child support so even if he did come into some money, it would go there.

We have a court date for his driving without insurance and his ticket he got from hitting me...on Christmas Eve. Because that is where we all love to spend our Christmas Eve is in court.

I was training with the dog to get her CGC (Canine Good Citizen) and TDI (Therapy Dog International) titles at the time and lost the last 3 weeks of training (which I needed) because of my knees and the palms of my hands being so bruised from the accident. She did pass her CGC test (there was an "up" :) ) but I did not do the TDI test since I knew we lost too much time and she would not pass. So In January I plan on starting over with her training and next Spring I will have her tested. My goal is to get her certified so we can do hospital (veteran hospitals in specific) visits as a therapy dog team. I had thought about children's hospital, but I dont think she has the right temperment for that. She is great with MY kids, but a little rambunctious with others. What turned me toward a veteran hospital was that I had her downtown at a festival and a man in a wheelchair was calling me over with a hand signal. I went over with her and asked him if he wanted to pet her. He could not talk well, so he shook his head. As if she knew, she heeled to the wheelchair and let him (clumsily) pet her. She was very tolerant of his hand movements and manners (the results of an accident). His wife came out of a store and told me that the man was a German Shepherd Dog handler in WWII and she was very appreciative of my dog allowing him to interact with him.

My dad has bypass 2 weeks ago. I am not upset about the bypass, I have a TON of guilt about NOT being upset about it, though. He was never really a father to me, my stepfather was, so I understand why. But my little sister sees him as a saint (ugh) and I feel bad that I could not even bring myself to be worried about the surgery for her. Had it been my mom, stepdad or even my stepmom I'd have been a wreck. But not my dad.

Rob cut his eye a few weeks ago. Not like the skin around his eye, but the gooey mucasy part on the eye. Gross. He still has a little piece that is hard to see through, but after a lot of visits to different Drs and a lot of medicine, he is getting better, too.

I got a kidney infection last week which still may or may not be a stone. Hurts more than anything I have ever experienced. Vicodin did not even touch the pain. Today I feel a little better, so I am hoping tomorrow even better and this can go away.

Wednesday I was called into work for a meeting. Since it was my day off, I knew it was not going to be good. We were told that we can expect to receive our severance packages in January. We'll work for 60 days from that time then start our severance. Lovely. So now I have to get prepared to look for a job. I'm not even sure I remember how to do that .

WoW, that was a rant. :)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Do you have no-fault auto insurance?

Do you have health insurance?

Can you file for unemployment insurance?

If the answer is no, no, and no, honey, you have good reason to rant. :)

Comment

To be fair, you do have good reason to rant

Hope things improve in the new year for you.

ps, About feeling gulity about your father, don't worry about it. It doesn't mean you are a bad person. I haven't seen my father in over 35 years and I don't know if he's alive or dead, and frankly my dear...I don't give a damn ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
        Do you have no-fault auto insurance?
        I did have full coverage, so my uninsured motorists covered it and now my insurance company is going after the guy.

Originally posted by Julie
        Do you have health insurance?
        Until March

Originally posted by Julie
        Can you file for unemployment insurance?
        I can. The good thing is that in IL I can collect unemployment even though we'll get a severance.

Things could be worse. But they had been going along so well for so long...guess I got spoiled. LoL. :P
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

For some reason I like whiny whiny girlie rants :))

(For a limited time only)

Originally posted by THL View Post
          His wife came out of a store and told me that the man was a German Shepherd Dog handler in WWII and she was very appreciative of my dog allowing him to interact with him.
          Very cool story!
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I did have full coverage, so my uninsured motorists covered it and now my insurance company is going after the guy.
            That is a very good thing.

Until March
            Long way away, and by then, you will have a new job, and health insurance. :)

I can. The good thing is that in IL I can collect unemployment even though we'll get a severance.
            Cool.

Things could be worse. But they had been going along so well for so long...guess I got spoiled. LoL. :P
            Life never stands still, it constantly changes.

You have a few small bumps there, but with silver linings. ;)

You are right, it could be alot worse. Everything will be fine, I'm sure. :)

Comment

I tell you what though, that must have been some accident. A cherokee ran into the back of me a while back and while it got wriiten off due to a small chassis bend, my 4 door toyota was absolutely totalled. Glad you came out of it ok Em.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Poor 'ol Emily and Rob. Surely things can only get better. Now you have got it all out, think positive and you will get through it. You still have each other and then there's Mackenzie and Dharma to hug. Just look at that photo of Santa, that should make you smile.:)

Comment

OK.......long list.....

1) Since your court date is on Christmas Eve.....you will be getting it over and done with quickly. No one else wants to be there either. :)

2) Awesome plan with the dog. A setback or a chance for further development and definition...all in how you look at it.

3) Parents/child relationships carry more emotion than they should. Appears you have come to terms with your relationship with your Dad, let it go.

4) Get everyone to the doctors office before the medical insurance runs out. The words "my insurance ends in 3 months" will work wonders for you. Trust me on this one, I've used something similar and you can't imagine how quickly things get done. Any tests, procedures, whatnot....get it taken care of. Same with the dentist, eye doctor and anyone else you can think of. Take time off the job if you have too. Everyone will understand.

5) There are tons of resources for updating resumes and skill sets. You will be an unemployed mom of 2 kids. Use that fact to your advantage.

6) Do a quick spreadsheet of the money that you will save by not working and compare that to what you were spending. Child care, food, gas, clothes, etc. Will you actually be better off by not working? A part-time night job is sometimes better since you can still look for work during the day. Just be mindful that if you work while receiving unemployment your benefits could be altered.

7) If you go to school you may not have to look for work, least that is the way things are set up in Minnesota. Check out everything there is for unemployment and if they offer any programs to help with the process take them.

8) I'm not sure if the plan/money is still available but you may for a short time be able to maintain your medical benefits for the same exact cost. There was a program out there that allowed people to do that, but it may have ended.

9) Good luck and know that many of us out here are in your corner and wish you the best. Life is a tough row to hoe most days but a support group helps. :)
                  Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

THL
                    Do not take this the wrong way, but I sincerely hope you have hit "rock bottom". Hopefully only good things will come your way from now on.

It is also nice to know you did not go postal. A lesser person would have, especially at this time of year. May 2010 be a much better year for you and your family.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The Saga Goes On...

Last Monday I called the Dr almost in tears because I was in so much pain. I told them I NEEDED to go to the ER (I have an HMO so I have to get approval). They allowed me and the ER did a bunch of tests. Some I thought were silly, but whatever. They did a pregnancy test, STD tests, a pap smear (while having a severe amount of pelvic/abdominal pain - let me tell you how fun that was). They told me I had a pelvic infection. Ugh. Do they NOT listen to the patient? I KNEW I didn't have those symptoms but these people were not listening to me.

Last night I was in more pain. When I had the C-Section with my older daughter, they had induced me to try to make me have her normally. My epidural never took, so I felt all the labor pains / contractions. The labor pains were NOT AS BAD as what I felt last night. I called my mom to come take me to the ER so Confed could sleep (I figured they'd be sending me home with a new antibiotic).

I got here and they thought I was having an appendicitis. I dont even want to talk about the CT they did to try to see the appendix. What they saw was a kidney stone. It is 3mm by 7mm. It has made its way almost to the end over the last week and a half that they have been treating me for my non-existent infections. But it is now stuck at the last turn.

Tomorrow I am going in for a Lithotripsy. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        THL
                        Do not take this the wrong way, but I sincerely hope you have hit "rock bottom".
                        Rock Bottom, huh? Well per my previous post, I guess I kinda did. :)

Comment

The Saga Goes On...

L
                          The labor pains were NOT AS BAD as what I felt last night.

I got here and they thought I was having an appendicitis. I dont even want to talk about the CT they did to try to see the appendix. What they saw was a kidney stone. It is 3mm by 7mm. It has made its way almost to the end over the last week and a half that they have been treating me for my non-existent infections. But it is now stuck at the last turn.

Tomorrow I am going in for a Lithotripsy. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Had to show this to the wife. I've suffered from a few bouts of Kidney stones, and she didn't believe the doctor when SHE told the wife that it was worse than childbirth.

Second bout I go see one of those fine Navy Docs. he thinks the same thing, Kidney stones or Appendicitis, so he had me jump out of a chair.

It seems that you don't get "Rebound Pain" with a kidney stone but it is a sign of the other. Gotta love those Devil Docs

Keep your head up. Things will get better.

Comment

Well...at least you still have insurance! I heard that kidney stones were worse than childbirth and now we have a real case scenario to prove it.
                            Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

So I'm guessing that there won't be any money for all this pain and suffering, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.

Am I right?
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X