Gun Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Designs

I was wondering if anyone could give me hints on these designs I drew-up during some study halls.
    One the parts diagram, the magazine ramp (which is in the gun, not the mag) is the same as the p90.
    The two gun designs are based on the same system. Which one looks better?

I take questions as they come, as I don't want to answer a strew of questions at once. And the ejector is spring-loaded, so it doesn't get it the way. And there are 2 extractors located on each side.
    And sorry about the size of the pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sniperdude411; 13 Apr 05,, 03:39.

You're so mean. No reply whatesoever. I put EFFORT in to these drawings, and you say anything!

Comment

hm...look sweet for first drafts...

Comment

Ah, yes, the trigger design: Like paintball guns, it uses an electronic trigger with a small electromagnet (which works much like a speaker). This is cheaper, much less laborious to make, more reliable, and MUCH more simple. At the bottom of the grip, there is a battery that powers the thing. The selector is sliding, with markings "0" (safe), "1" (semi-auto), "2" and "3" (round bursts), and "?" (full-auto). So you can have all those settings on one selector.

The barrel is located in the middle of the shoulder, not the top. So it looks as if (to me) this is the only simple bullpup gun with little or no muzzle climb.
        The magazine capacity is standard (if in .50 AE) 50 rds. The cartridges are oriented like the p90, and go down through the ramp, which is built-into the gun, then twist, which then are ready to be fired. The mechanism is a slide-delayed blowback. When the pressure in the cartridge is still great, it pushes the bolt back, but the slide resists, due to the angle facing the roller (on the rear of the bolt). After some motion, the angle decreases, the pressure inside the cartridge decreases to a safe level, so the bolt moves backwards. This ejects the shell, and when the bolt moves back forward, a new cartridge is fed, and the firing pin cocks back. That is the whole cycle.
        The magazine:
        triple-telescoping bottom feeding plate (whatever you call it) pushes the cartridges forward. When the magazine is inserted, the cartridge stopper (the weird-shaped black thing) is forced to the side (or really up), allowing the flow of fresh cartridges. The cartridge ramp (the thing the re-orients the rounds worwards) has a one-way latch thing, so ammunition won't spill-out every time you reload.

Comment

lol...you're much more advanced than me with your "personal" design...i'm still stuck with the bolt system...
          btw, does anybody know of a system with a single rotating bolt that revolves around the barrel-axis (not like the G11, which is at a 90° angle to the barrel) (instead of back-forth)

Comment

You mean almost like a cam shaft?
            I've thought of those before, but I never though they would work without ALOT of tweaking.

And the spirals above the big think shaped like this:
            ?_____________ ?
            are springs.

Comment

The images are too big to really see them right.

Resize and repost, and i'll be happy to critique for you.

Comment

I'll be happy to.
                And sorry the text illustration doesn't work. I'll post again with resized pictures, and a little illustration that shows how the bolt and slide move.

Comment

For some reasin they are "invalid".
                  Lemme figure this out later.

Comment

Here we go (just had to change them to PNG format):
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's a GIGANTIC return mechanism, why so big?
                      Last edited by Bill; 16 Apr 05,, 00:24.

Comment

Well, I tried levers, but the stock would have to be a LOT bigger. With a little tweaking in the design, as long as the principle is the same and the bottom shape doesn't change, it should be good.

Comment

sniperdude,
                          A weapon is design is based on the projectile that has to be fired and the performance required from the projectile.

So you have to mention the calibre and type of weapon i.e is it a rifle or carbine. One has ti decide the task of the rifle and then go about designing it.
                          Think about it.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Well, It's more of a rifle, not a carbine. And it can fire many cartridges, including the 5.56 (but not the 7.62), but I designed it to fire large magnum handgun cartridges, like the .357 and .44 magnum, and the .50AE.
                            It's designed for longer-range, sustained fire. It fills the gap between a SAW and a rifle, although it's more for the use of a rifle. Its made for scouting and special forces, not standard military ops (look at the profile of the gun).

Comment

I would like to add onto that.
                              This gun is also made for controllability in sustained fire while keeping the weight down. Since the muzzle is located on the shoulder (like the WA 2000, without 314 different parts), not above it. It is also made for accuracy, since you can have a longer barrel in shorter of a space. The silhouette of the gun makes it very easy to crawl around with, because the magazine, which can have a very high capacity, is on top oriented differently, not on the bottom sticking-out.
                              One drawbcak of the gun is that the ammunition that it takes cannot be any longer than the 5.56. It is made for large magnum handgun cartridges, or custom-designed short rifle cartridges (like the 5.56, but with a slightly bigger bullet, but with a short, fat shell.
                              http://www.civil-defence.org/product...24/boz224.html
                              A slightly bigger .224 BOZ would work great.
                              So yes, I did design this gun from the inside-out (or actually both ways, since I really wanted to make a rifle version of the p90).
                              And yes, I did repeat myself a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X