X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Police killer suspect at large...

Seattle police killing suspect 'still at large'

Police have issued arrest warrants for Maurice Clemmons
    Police say a suspect in the killings of four officers in Washington State was not in a house which they had laid siege to for several hours.

Officers had surrounded the premises in Seattle and called on Maurice Clemmons to come out.

Shots and explosions were heard at the house, before police confirmed that Mr Clemmons was not there.

Earlier, detectives said the killer had himself been shot during the attack in a cafe on Sunday and may be dead.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said warrants for first-degree murder had been issued against Mr Clemmons, 37, and the search for him was continuing.

He said people who knew Mr Clemmons had told police he had been shot in the torso.

"If he didn't get a ride out of there, he could still be in the area," Mr Troyer said.

The Seattle Times reported that police were searching the University of Washington campus following a reported sighting of Mr Clemmons.

The four police officers - Sgt Mark Renninger and officers Ronald Owens, Tina Griswold and Greg Richards - were shot dead at the cafe in Parkland, 40 miles (65km) south of Seattle on Sunday morning.

Advertisement
    Ed Troyer, Pierce County Sheriff's department: "We did find a tracking device that was cut off his ankle"

The killer fled but on Monday authorities said he had been wounded by one of his victims.

"We don't know if he's still alive," Mr Troyer told CBS television.

"If he isn't, it's because he succumbed to the wound he received yesterday when he was in the struggle with the police officer that managed to get a shot fired at him before he was killed."

Acting on a tip-off, officers sealed off part of the Leschi area of Seattle, while armed Swat team members ringed the property.

Local residents were told to stay in their homes with their doors locked.

Police shone strong lights on the house and a negotiator called out to Mr Clemmons.

As the siege continued through the night, witnesses heard loud bangs, breaking glass, explosions and shots.

But it was later revealed that Mr Clemmons was not in the house.

US media said Mr Clemmons has a long criminal history including a recent arrest for allegedly assaulting a police officer in Washington state.

Investigators said the four officers had been working on their laptops when the attack happened.

Mr Troyer said police would be "surprised if there is a motive worth mentioning" but that the gunman had been "well versed" with the weapon used in the attack.

No-one else in the cafe was injured.

BBC News - Seattle police killing suspect 'still at large'

I am surprised no one else has written about this. Senseless. Just senseless.
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Originally posted by MIKEMUN View Post

I am surprised no one else has written about this. Senseless. Just senseless.
    It was in the news ....
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

I meant on WAB.
      "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Ah OK My mistake, sorry.
        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Evidently, He was out on bail awaiting a rape trial,had a 95 year sentence commutted in AK and had violated his subsequent parole there. He's got a history of violence and numerous times the system in place had an opputunity to protect us from him and didn't. I bet he wasn't using Public defenders He had great succuss at avoiding the full consequences of his crimes. This was a hienous crime that never should of happened.
          Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
          ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

^^^ It was in Arkansas where he was in prison, not Alaska.

Hopefully he is lying dead in a ditch somewhere....
            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Huck's chances of being president died with those officers.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Huck's chances of being president died with those officers.
                yeah but, I think this is one issue politics shouldnt come into play. The system failed over and over. I am curious about his legal representation. I really wonder if family money bought some oj justice
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
                  yeah but, I think this is one issue politics shouldnt come into play. The system failed over and over. I am curious about his legal representation. I really wonder if family money bought some oj justice
                  Huck commuted the sentence because he was only 17 at sentencing. The guy was re-arrested and re-imprisoned in Arkansas a year later. So while I understand why Huck would want to go easy on a kid, that part will not be played, nor will his re-arrest. All you will see is Huck let a cop killer go. It would be nice if Politics didn't enter into it, but anyone who is seeking to be president cannot get away from politics.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                    Huck commuted the sentence because he was only 17 at sentencing. The guy was re-arrested and re-imprisoned in Arkansas a year later. So while I understand why Huck would want to go easy on a kid, that part will not be played, nor will his re-arrest. All you will see is Huck let a cop killer go. It would be nice if Politics didn't enter into it, but anyone who is seeking to be president cannot get away from politics.
                    He was sentenced to 95 years. You are right though this will be the same kind of anchor it was for Dukakais. If anyone fired up a blame thrower on this one Huck and a dozen others would end up singed.
                    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

All juvenile offenders should be tried, sentenced, and executed as adults would. Equal protection under the law.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post

Hopefully, not...

That would rob society the pleasure of teaching him a lesson.

I am sure the PD would actually want to get their hands on this lowlife
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          All juvenile offenders should be tried, sentenced, and executed as adults would. Equal protection under the law.
                          I really hope no one close to you who is a juvenile ever faces that kind of legal system. It is not just and is not American.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post

Suspect now confirmed to have been shot and killed in a firefight in South Seattle.

Suspect in police killings shot dead - CNN.com
                            You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

gunnut, zraver,

I really hope no one close to you who is a juvenile ever faces that kind of legal system. It is not just and is not American.
                              seriously, there are mental differences between a juvenile and an adult. among which, incomplete development of the decision-making/risk judgment sector of the brain; incomplete hormone regulation.

for the most part, we can't assume sameness, or we wouldn't bother with voting ages, drinking laws, or a plethora of other restrictions.
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X