PDA

View Full Version : Australia to train sheep not to Burp?

Exarecr
30 Nov 09,, 13:12
This is a joke right? Just watched the morning news and it was reported the Aussies are going to train their sheep "not to burp". Isn,t the other end,you know,the point of escape of the more "smelly gas", the most important part of the sheeps anatomy...... to put a cork in it...so to speak. Phew...and I thought only in Canada........:))

Chunder
30 Nov 09,, 13:26
BF and Chakos went on an all night bender. when discussing the kiwi immigration problem (and the references to the land of the long white cloud) one of them came up with this Idea... It is wierd - But Victoria is a strange place and they have a different outlook to the rest of us... just don't tar us all with the same brush OK?

Parihaka
30 Nov 09,, 13:31
Now all they need do is train the Aussie blokes not to burp....

chakos
30 Nov 09,, 14:15
BF and Chakos went on an all night bender. when discussing the kiwi immigration problem (and the references to the land of the long white cloud) one of them came up with this Idea... It is wierd - But Victoria is a strange place and they have a different outlook to the rest of us... just don't tar us all with the same brush OK?

Now you take that back right this instant good sir. How dare you call me a *cough sputter* Victorian???

Im a New South Welshman through and through, born and bred in Sydney.

I demand an apology :mad:

chakos
30 Nov 09,, 14:18
Now all they need do is train the Aussie blokes not to burp....

Coming from our cultured Kiwi bretheren...

pot, kettle, black

:cool:

Chunder
30 Nov 09,, 14:21
Now you take that back right this instant good sir. How dare you call me a *cough sputter* Victorian???

Im a New South Welshman through and through, born and bred in Sydney.

I demand an apology :mad:

*grins*

I wanted to stir you both up, you in particular, been very quitely lately...

BTW, isn't NSW's kiwi population approaching that of the south Island? lol

Edit: From a young age was told never to call a Welshman a Victorian.. IIRC the first profanity accepted in the Australian Film Industry (correct me if Im wrong was on the barely veiled illogical contempt between the two...)

chakos
30 Nov 09,, 14:26
*grins*

I wanted to stir you both up, you in particular, been very quitely lately...

BTW, isn't NSW's kiwi population approaching that of the south Island? lol

Yeah ive been around, lurking, reading all the bits and pieces but havent actually been doing a massive amount of posting.

Been busy with work and renovations and the like, the missus sees me sitting here on the computer as a sign that ive finished the previous chore and am waiting for her instructions as to the next one :eek:

Parihaka
30 Nov 09,, 21:28
Been busy with work and renovations and the like, the missus sees me sitting here on the computer as a sign that ive finished the previous chore and am waiting for her instructions as to the next one :eek:

Oh god, tell me about it....

Bigfella
01 Dec 09,, 07:56

This from a bloody Croweater. Spare me. Isn't Nick 'cigarettes are not addictive & don't cause cancer' Minchin from SA. I reckon 'hey, that Tony Abbot would make a good leader' is one of the more bizarre thoughts to cross a human mind in a good long time. Come to think of it, Downer, Pyne, Chocko Williams & West End beer are all from SA too. If its all the same to you &'ll stay 'over east'. :)

Bigfella
01 Dec 09,, 07:59
Yeah ive been around, lurking, reading all the bits and pieces but havent actually been doing a massive amount of posting.

Remeber the old saying 'any lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a client'?. Feel the same about anyone who hires themselves to do rennovations (unless they actually have a relavant trade qualification).

Bigfella
01 Dec 09,, 08:02
This is a joke right? Just watched the morning news and it was reported the Aussies are going to train their sheep "not to burp". Isn,t the other end,you know,the point of escape of the more "smelly gas", the most important part of the sheeps anatomy...... to put a cork in it...so to speak. Phew...and I thought only in Canada........:))

I think the plan was to breed sheep that burps less.

Pound for pound sheep are one of the dumbest animals in existence. The idea of training one to do anything beyond eating, sh1tting, running from a dog & lining up at an abbatoir is beyond the patience of mere man.

Knaur Amarsh
01 Dec 09,, 10:33
Am sure unburped :confused: sheep would be like superstars on that sheep dating website they got, or was that in NZ?

chakos
02 Dec 09,, 14:47
Remeber the old saying 'any lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a client'?. Feel the same about anyone who hires themselves to do rennovations (unless they actually have a relavant trade qualification).

Hey ive managed to succesfully take down wallpaper, paint (well the wife helped), demolish 2 walls, cover over a doorway freehand (father in law had to refix it.. this time actually using a tape measure and spirit level.. weak bastard) and pay the guy to put in the new kitchen.

I was going to tile the bathroom as well but the wife had more patience for that kind of work than me.

All in all i make a good supervisor, should work for the government.

tankie
02 Dec 09,, 15:53
Dunno about burping , they should train em to run faster :tongue: