28 Nov 09,, 00:22
Iron Bowl '09
:)):)):)):)):))

Prof

Prof, let the Brits and others in on the secret...What is Iron Bowl:confused:

Station 22
28 Nov 09,, 00:36
Prof, let the Brits and others in on the secret...What is Iron Bowl:confused:

It is the yearly football game (not soccer, mind you) between The University of Alabama Crimson Tide and the team on the other side of the state. It is a rather bitter rivalry. If you live in Alabama, you have to chose one or the other at birth.

Alabama is ranked #2 in the nation and the Cow College, as we lovingly refer to that team as, played a much better game than was anticipated.

Iron Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Bowl)

Prof
28 Nov 09,, 05:17
It is the yearly football game (not soccer, mind you) between The University of Alabama Crimson Tide and the team on the other side of the state. It is a rather bitter rivalry. If you live in Alabama, you have to chose one or the other at birth.

Alabama is ranked #2 in the nation and the Cow College, as we lovingly refer to that team as, played a much better game than was anticipated.

Iron Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Bowl)
Well said, statemate. Except...
a) The culprit is Auburn University
b) No choice is made at birth. Some are unfortunately born with, & others happily without, that specific birth defect. It's crippling. Results in large animal veterinarians.

Q: Why are Auburn coeds taught in mandatory remedial freshman health class that semen is white while urine is yellow?
A: So they can tell if their boyfriends are comin' or goin'

Oh. Auburn play quality. Yeah, they sure did. Probably brought in some ringers from Florida.

Prof

Julie
28 Nov 09,, 13:17
Iron Bowl '09
:)):)):)):)):))

ProfMy son was talking about Alabama last night....they beat Auburn 26-21...right? He said they were undefeated. How is that if they are ranked 2nd?

Prof
28 Nov 09,, 16:11
My son was talking about Alabama last night....they beat Auburn 26-21...right? He said they were undefeated. How is that if they are ranked 2nd?
Lady Julie:

There are 6 schools whose teams are undefeated this year. All but one have played 11 games (the Iron Bowl doesn't count, or 'Bama would be 12/0). The non-conformist, Cincinnati, has played 10. Because there isn't really a playoff system a variety of methods are used to rank the teams, all of which typically disagree with one another to a greater or lesser extent. The highly favored 12yo BCS (Bowl Championship Series) ranking is felt to be very scientific, using as it does consideration of
1. Results of a special Harris Poll,
2. Results of USA Today querying 59 college football coaches &
3. The average of 6 "computer rankings" by private individuals who are contracted to provide them, after the highest & lowest ranking for each team is discarded.

Really. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'.

As of 11/22 Alabama's BCS numerical score is 0.9432 vs #1 Florida's 0.9800, unless you check elsewhere to find that Alabama's score is 0.9614 vs Florida's 0.9664. I guess it's your choice. However, the use of mathematics & computers & large (well, small) transdecimal numbers makes these potentially rancorous rankings better because large clusters of digits are very scientific & allow television talking heads to use the word "parameter" correctly for the first (& last) time in their lives.

Unbeknownst to most people, the rankings are actually determined by a priestly college of trained nutrias maintained in a secret shrine in the depths of the Louisiana bayous. This knowledge is kept from the public & the government because it is felt by the ASHNT (American Society of Sacred Nutria Trainers) that disclosure would prompt the ACLU to raise Church/State issues, & because it might restart the Civil War.

I affirm that some of the foregoing is true.

You're welcome,

Prof

Shamus
28 Nov 09,, 16:22
b) No choice is made at birth. Some are unfortunately born with, & others happily without, that specific birth defect. It's crippling. Results in large animal veterinarians.

Q: Why are Auburn coeds taught in mandatory remedial freshman health class that semen is white while urine is yellow?

Oh. Auburn play quality. Yeah, they sure did. Probably brought in some ringers from Florida.

ProfSpittin' my Frosted Flakes all over the keyboard Prof:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shamus
28 Nov 09,, 16:25
My son was talking about Alabama last night....they beat Auburn 26-21...right? He said they were undefeated. How is that if they are ranked 2nd?Because that stupid BCS system is Florida-centric:mad:.

Roll Tide!!!!:cool:

Julie
28 Nov 09,, 16:29
Prof, you're dying cuz your lying. :)) They can't bring in ringers from Florida ! You are speaking of the Florida Gators ranking 1st, right?

So Florida's ranking as 1st is carrying over from last year, until they play off? If I'm wrong, correct me.

Prof
28 Nov 09,, 16:37
Prof, you're dying cuz your lying. :)) They can't bring in ringers from Florida ! You are speaking of the Florida Gators ranking 1st, right?

So Florida's ranking as 1st is carrying over from last year, until they play off? If I'm wrong, correct me.
Julie:

Fooled you, too, eh? Most people didn't notice all that sand on the cleats, all the silver & blue hair or all the walkers in the stands.

I predict that Florida will win again. Nutrias are hard to please normally, but they can be bought.

Prof

Station 22
28 Nov 09,, 17:05

Prof

Do you know how to get to AuBarn? Well, from my house, you go East 'till you smell it, then North 'till you step in it.

AuBarn has had some successes. They invented the toothbrush. It's true. The proof is that had it been invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush.

Prof
28 Nov 09,, 17:24
Q: What brought on the Auburn gal's tears?
A: Sombody stole the concrete blocks out from under the family car.

Prof
28 Nov 09,, 21:00
With regard to:

Unbeknownst to most people, the rankings are actually determined by a priestly college of trained nutrias maintained in a secret shrine in the depths of the Louisiana bayous. This knowledge is kept from the public & the government because it is felt by the ASHNT (American Society of Sacred Nutria Trainers) that disclosure would prompt the ACLU to raise Church/State issues, & because it might restart the Civil War

Pardon. I made a factual error. The powerful, influential & secretive interest group is ASONT, the American Society of Oracular Nutria Trainers. Sorry for the confusion.

Prof

Prof
28 Nov 09,, 21:22
Julie:

Fooled you, too, eh? Most people didn't notice all that sand on the cleats, all the silver & blue hair or all the walkers in the stands.

I predict that Florida will win again. Nutrias are hard to please normally, but they can be bought.

Prof
Julie:

I'm sorry! I misunderstood completely. I thought you were joking. You were actually referring to the fact that nobody from Auburn could find Florida on their best day, even if a hay baler was on the table.

Prof

Station 22
28 Nov 09,, 21:54
Julie:

Prof

Remember, thet took the 2004 season off, citing undisclosed reasons and appointed a cabal of polecats to fill in for them? That is why the Barn was left out of the BCS game. The polecats didn't want anyone that smelled worse than them possbibly being the National Champions.:eek:

Julie
29 Nov 09,, 17:16
Did anyone see the Georgia game last night? UGA beat Georgia Tech. Yes !

Station 22
29 Nov 09,, 23:20
No I missed it. I was watching Blindside at the theater. Good movie.

Yes, Georgia was another one of those teams that messed up my college pickem for the week.

Julie
29 Nov 09,, 23:43
No I missed it. I was watching Blindside at the theater. Good movie.

Yes, Georgia was another one of those teams that messed up my college pickem for the week.:tongue: That was an upset I was glad to see though.

I went to the movies today and seen Blindside, I thought it was great, better than I thought it would be. How did you like the movie?

Stitch
30 Nov 09,, 01:52
Okay, Longhorn fan chimin' in here: yes, we are one of the "undefeated" teams this season. One way or another, we're goin' up against either 'Bama or Florida this year in the BCS title game (no, I'm not terribly worried about Nebraska; just another game for McCoy to pad his stats). I think the deciding factor will be the defense which, if Texas shows up, will make the difference. Both team(s) have dominating offenses; Texas has scored more points this year than any preceeding years but, then again, so has 'Bama and Florida. However, the difference has been the defense; the Texas defense has scored more points than the offense of some other ranked teams. Everything else being equal, I'll put my money on the Horns; there might be a lot of points scored by the offense in the title game, but I'm betting a fair percentage of them will be Horns defensive points, and that'll make the difference.

Julie
30 Nov 09,, 01:57
I'll put my money on the HornsNot much I hope, ya seem to have alot of "differences" there. :))

Station 22
30 Nov 09,, 02:22
I'll put my money on the Horns

I'm sorry to hear that. :tongue:

Don't worry, if the Crimson Tide does not play any better than they did against the Barn this past Friday, you won't have to worry about Alabama's offense or defense.

Prof
06 Dec 09,, 01:48
I'm sorry to hear that. :tongue:

Don't worry, if the Crimson Tide does not play any better than they did against the Barn this past Friday, you won't have to worry about Alabama's offense or defense.
Whoop! Did it again! SEC champs. Something of a rout tonight. Didn't expect it.

Prof

Julie
06 Dec 09,, 04:12

ProfWhooo Hooo...Alabama opened a can of kick-a$$ on Florida tonite !! See ya in Pasadena ! :biggrin:

Station 22
06 Dec 09,, 15:37

Prof

Whooo Hooo...Alabama opened a can of kick-a$$ on Florida tonite !! See ya in Pasadena ! :biggrin:

I was greatly surprised by the game outcome. I thought it was going to very close. Then to see Texas' literal last second FG to win that game.

Julie, you live in Georgia, are you from Alabama?

Prof
06 Dec 09,, 16:23
I was greatly surprised by the game outcome. I thought it was going to very close. Then to see Texas' literal last second FG to win that game.

Julie, you live in Georgia, are you from Alabama?
Except for a little quibble over a river, what's the dif?

Prof

Julie
06 Dec 09,, 18:42

Julie, you live in Georgia, are you from Alabama?I live in Georgia, but Florida has always been our rival.

Station 22
06 Dec 09,, 20:54
I live in Georgia, but Florida has always been our rival.

So I guess that you have great distaste for the barn?

Julie
07 Dec 09,, 00:15
So I guess that you have great distaste for the barn?Let's just say I get tired of seeing them win. I don't think they had a loss since September of last year.

Julie
07 Dec 09,, 00:16
Except for a little quibble over a river, what's the dif?

ProfWe quibble with Florida over water as well.

Prof
07 Dec 09,, 00:30
The sovereign state of Galafla

Station 22
07 Dec 09,, 00:42
So I guess that you have great distaste for the barn?

Let's just say I get tired of seeing them win. I don't think they had a loss since September of last year.

The 'barn' is Auburn, as in Aubarn. We refer to them as the cow college. I understand that there is a strong rivalry between the barn and UGA.

Julie
07 Dec 09,, 00:58
The 'barn' is Auburn, as in Aubarn. We refer to them as the cow college. I understand that there is a strong rivalry between the barn and UGA.There is always "strong rivalry" among 2 in a State...only one can be the champ. :rolleyes:

No, I have no "distaste" for the "barn", or the "cow college," as you put it. I tend to root for all southern teams as a whole, but when they are against one another, well, as a Georgian, I am for UGA. :)