Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comrade Duch asks for Clemency

Kaing Guek Eav, or Comrade Duch, had acknowledged guilt
    Former Khmer Rouge prison chief Duch has shocked the UN-backed war crimes tribunal by asking to be released on the final day of the trial.
    Duch, whose real name is Kaing Guek Eav, had admitted being responsible for overseeing the deaths of 15,000 people.
    Duch commanded a prison from where thousands were killed in an orchard now known as the "Killing Fields".
    His request for clemency cast doubt over the sincerity of his requests for forgiveness from the victims' families.
    Duch, a former maths teacher, said he had co-operated fully with the tribunal and had been detained since 1999.
    "I would ask the chamber to release me. Thank you very much," he said at the end of his closing statement to the court.
    Tortured and killed
    His lawyer confirmed he was asking to be acquitted on the grounds that he was not a senior member of the Khmer Rouge hierarchy.
    What a disgrace if they let him off. Nobodies been punished for the horrible crimes other than just house arrest. Hes the one guy who definitely cant get away with 'I was just following orders'
    Attached Files

Let him rot

Comrade Duch was as evil a man as has walked the earth. At S21 (Tuol Sleng) he didn't simply murder up to 20,000 people, he put them through unspeakable torture. Men, women & children. I truly hope that he has found God & does feel bad, it will guarentee that he suffers. Just in case his soul isn't in pain, lets make sure his body is. Throw him in a Cambodian jail for the rest of his worthless life. While it won't be a fraction as bad as what he subjected his victims to, it will be damed unpleasant.

The faces of some of Duch's victims. of all the terrible images I saw at Tuol Sleng, these are the most haunting (sorry they are a bit blurred).

And a painting by one of the 7 inmates who survived depicting conditions there. There are others depicting torture, but I am already depressed enough.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Bigfella; 29 Nov 09,, 00:15.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
    X