Exercise Program by Blademaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise Program by Blademaster

Ok Guys, I have been exercising regularly well over a month. Sadly, the beer gut belly has not disappeared yet.

So far, I've managed to run 3 miles today in about 35-40 minutes that included warmups and cooldowns. I have managed to do 3 sets of 35, 30, 30 pushups, 20, 20, 15 declined crunches, and 4, 3, 1/2 unassisted pullups and 5, 6, 5 assisted pullups on the machine. Then I did bench press of 135 lbs for 10 reps, 155 lbs for 6 reps, and 175 for 3 reps which one was assisted. Then I did 3 sets of upright chest fly on the machine, and 60lbs triceps curl with 10 reps, 70 lbs with 8 reps, and 80 lbs with 8 reps. Then i did a tricep exercise on the machine. The whole thing has taken me 2 hours which includes bouts of rests and trips to the water fountain. I got up around 6 45 am and hit the gym at about 7 10 am.

Right now I weigh about 195 lbs. I haven't checked my weight scale though.

To exercise experts, I want to look like buff and impress the hell out of chicks. So how long do I have to do exercise before I can see my buffs?

My waist size is about 35 and I am about 5'9 to 5'10 and I am 27 years old.

By the way, what is the Army or Marine physical fitness standard for a 195 lbs 27 years old 5'9 tall guy?

Julie, I have not yet given up coke but you'd be happy to know that I have cut back on my coke consumption. :)

For morning PT we did several sets of several types of push-ups(diamond, finger tip, elevated, wide arm, and regular). All together probably about 300 pushups or so every morning.

Situps, we'd do several sets of 30. Probably also about 300 total i guess.

Then we'd run anywhere from 3-5 miles. Usually 4.

Comment

none of that works

I came down from 92 Kg (roughly 202lbs) to 70kgs in 2 months. 8 mins exercise a day (pickup an 8mins ab video or download it). I just did Atkins, stuck to the program. It works like a charm. And all the "side-effects" you hear about are all crap and bullsiht by people who know squat about the actual reasons why it works. And yes that includes the "Doctors".

I'm healthy, strong, sharp, alert and looking better than ever oh and a little confident too ;)

www.atkins.com rules and south beach sucks.

Comment

Oh and you won't get the chicks by looking really great. Anyone who disagrees can meet with all the short, fat, bald guys with hotties to shut them up. Anyway thats a discussion for a whole new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          For morning PT we did several sets of several types of push-ups(diamond, finger tip, elevated, wide arm, and regular). All together probably about 300 pushups or so every morning.

Situps, we'd do several sets of 30. Probably also about 300 total i guess.

Then we'd run anywhere from 3-5 miles. Usually 4.
          ****! I can only do a total of around 120 to 130. Geez I got a long way before I look like a mean lean fighting hardcore nutcase known as a Marine soldier.

Comment

Actually, i was in the Army Infantry. The Jarheads do even more PT than that, as do Airborne and other 'elite' type units.

My Platoon Sgt was ex SpecForces with two tours in Vietnam under his belt. On Platoon PT day when all the other lucky bastards in other platoons were playing Basketball or Volleyball, we were doing 5 mile cross country runs with full LBE and Rifles.

That truly sucked, but as my Plt Sgt used to say, "You are elite not because of the uniform you wear, but because of how you wear it".

It was his aim to make us an elite Platoon by any measure of the word, and i must say that even though it sucked to be running, or in the field, or on the range when everyone else was playing games or slacking off back at barracks, he accomplished his aim quite well.

Our platoon was without a doubt the most well oiled military machine on all of Fort Sill.

Comment

Blademaster

Whatever you exersise and diet program you choose, try to be realistic and shoot for the long term results. Ten years of packing it on will not go away in a couple of months. Push yourself, have goals, and change things up so you do not burn out and quit. Small changes in your diet and walking a few miles every day for the rest of your life is better than radically altering your diet and doing zillions of push-ups and sit-ups for a few months and saying, "the hell with this" and going back to the couch.

Good luck, and remember you are not alone. Almost everyone needs to drop a few pounds and tone up a bit.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

No dude, that sorta thing is very discouraging. Nobody gets on to the program to lose an inch or two. They want results, fast and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                  Oh and you won't get the chicks by looking really great. Anyone who disagrees can meet with all the short, fat, bald guys with hotties to shut them up. Anyway thats a discussion for a whole new thread.
                  I agree with you.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                    Good luck, and remember you are not alone. Almost everyone needs to drop a few pounds and tone up a bit.
                    Actually I'm shooting to gain a few pounds my damn metabolic rate is way too high.

I used to eat around 3500-4000 Cals a day for 6 months and I gained 8 pounds, thats right mere 8 pounds, ofcourse I did hit the gym in the evenings for one hour. I'm already toned (I can see my 4 packs already), if i do some more prolly i'll tone my bones.

A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                      Actually I'm shooting to gain a few pounds my damn metabolic rate is way too high.

I used to eat around 3500-4000 Cals a day for 6 months and I gained 8 pounds, thats right mere 8 pounds, ofcourse I did hit the gym in the evenings for one hour. I'm already toned (I can see my 4 packs already), if i do some more prolly i'll tone my bones.

But it means you are a girlie man. You got NO muscles!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay

Ok. The bear gut in your first post lead me astray. Is there a trainer at the gym? A decent trainer should be able to point you in the right directiuon without wasting your time. One word of caution, At your age, your muscles will develope faster than tendons and ligaments, which take a bit longer to develope. Something like tendonitis will set you back by a period of months so really pay attention to your joints.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster
                          But it means you are a girlie man. You got NO muscles!!
                          yeah...a girl's man ;)

btw i do have muscles, its just that I cudnt build mass as i wanted too.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                            Ok. The bear gut in your first post lead me astray. Is there a trainer at the gym? A decent trainer should be able to point you in the right directiuon without wasting your time. One word of caution, At your age, your muscles will develope faster than tendons and ligaments, which take a bit longer to develope. Something like tendonitis will set you back by a period of months so really pay attention to your joints.
                            thanks man...will hit the gym again this summer...will keep that in mind :)

Comment

Jay, stick to a high protien, high fat diet, the protien will help with the muscle,s the fat will make it delicious.

Comment

Working...
                              X