Ultimate "Boy Toy" found in Attic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate "Boy Toy" found in Attic.

I was searching through my deceased mothers attic collection of family momento,s recently when i happened apon a long brown box whose contents were a complete mystery....for about the 5 seconds it took me to open it.....and then,... there it lay. The must have of every red blooded North American boy in 1964. Ladies and gentlemen,I give you the "JOHNNY SEVEN". (sorry Ladies,wrong kind of boy toy eh!) It was the kick ass grenade launching,plastic bullet shootin machine gun with hidden compartments which was the destroyer of all our imagined enemies. I smile when I remember my other 2 brothers zinging plastic bullets around my ears as we engaged in firefights Christmas day untill Mom and Dad told us to take the war outside. How on earth she managed to salt the thing away is indeed a pleasent mystery. It,s a little banged up but still looks like the cool piece of kit it was in 64. It,s amazing how much it looks like the M-60 when the tripod is extended. This ought to bring back a few memories to some of the"more mature" members of the Wab.:))

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
    I was searching through my deceased mothers attic collection of family momento,s recently when i happened apon a long brown box whose contents were a complete mystery....for about the 5 seconds it took me to open it.....and then,... there it lay. The must have of every red blooded North American boy in 1964. Ladies and gentlemen,I give you the "JOHNNY SEVEN". (sorry Ladies,wrong kind of boy toy eh!) It was the kick ass grenade launching,plastic bullet shootin machine gun with hidden compartments which was the destroyer of all our imagined enemies. I smile when I remember my other 2 brothers zinging plastic bullets around my ears as we engaged in firefights Christmas day untill Mom and Dad told us to take the war outside. How on earth she managed to salt the thing away is indeed a pleasent mystery. It,s a little banged up but still looks like the cool piece of kit it was in 64. It,s amazing how much it looks like the M-60 when the tripod is extended. This ought to bring back a few memories to some of the"more mature" members of the Wab.:))
    That sounds cool! I was a real tomboy growing up. Played Cowboys and Indians with the neighbors all the time. My favorite was the pop rifle. Except that I knocked a tooth through my lip trying to c*ck it! What I really want to get is a marshmallow shooter! They look like loads of fun and I can pummel my daughter with it whenever she acts up! lol
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Comment

They are fetching big money on ebay mate , very rare these days , HQ Sqd 1 RTR had an armory full of em they werent allowed real guns ;)
      Last edited by tankie; 23 Nov 09,, 19:29.

Comment

I think I had one of those. Pics?

-dale

Comment

Thats a good price 250 bucks , it will appreciate .;)

Comment

Yep, that's what I thought. Definitely had one of those.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
              Yep, that's what I thought. Definitely had one of those.

-dale
              Bet you wish you still had it , my toy guns ran to the carved out piece of wood , or a tree branch .;)

Comment

Had one....along with just about this entire set.

Monkey Division

Man! Juddy Cashman, Kip O'Neill, Matt Sweeney, Sean Leary, Timmy Amindalare, and pete Cavanaugh used to just RULE our neighborhood against the Germans and Japanese back in the mid 1960s!!!!
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

When I was a wee tod I remember this blue toolbox my Dad used to have that was very hard to open. One day I managed to open it to find his stash of 'explicit' magazines. Being a tod I didn'r understand so asked mummy.... Mummy was not happy at all! Daddy did not have a good time that night.
                  Ego Numquam

Comment

Tankie:

When I was a little kid I had one of those neighbors, Timmy, whose parents were constantly buying him all kinds of really neat stuff (during the very early 60s go-cart fad his old man got him a 49 VW beetle, pulled the body & voila, he had a 40hp go-cart to drive around their cornfield. I learned to drive, park, stuff like that at 12).

Considerably earlier, one of those really nifty things he had been given was a heavy leather twin holster rig with very realistic "cowboy guns." John, thy name wast envy. I actually wrote a letter to Santa Claus asking for one. Got a note in reply on The Day, explaining that he was out of them, or something like that. Naturally, I took it to Crestline Elementary School to confront the Santa atheists. O Jesus. Did I get the horse laugh.

Since my reality avenues to possession of that neat rig had been walled off I turned my attention to the crummy cap pistols I already had. I used one of those new things then called a "magic marker" to color one of them black, & explained to Timmy that it was now a .357 Magnum, which, as he knew, was reputed to be able to shoot through the engine block of a car. In this way I was able to shoot through anything Timmy hid behind, something he felt was extremely unfair, & which ultimately resulted in tears. Timmy had stuff, but didn't have much of an imagination.

Prof

Comment

Ultimate "Boy Toy" found in Attic....
                      Southie....will you stop crawling around in people's attics?!?

Sheesh....

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        Southie....will you stop crawling around in people's attics?!?

Sheesh....
                        It was YOUR attic! And you're just mad cause you thought you were the "Ultimate Boy Toy"!

Urban Dictionary: boy-toy

4. boy toy
                        for some girls a boy toy is someone who they take advantage of for sexual purposes. in MOST cases, a boy toy is someone they fool around with, or like to be around. in this use of the word, both the female and the male have equal power. so, contrary to what SOME people think, being this does not make you somebody's bitch. being a boy toy is not a bad thing, it is mostly a good thing especially for guys who are horndogs. but everyone always knows that girls have a little more power because THEY can take away privelages. so don't complain :]
                        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                        sigpic

Comment

johnny oma gun

Are you willing to sell it? My husband had one as a boy and thought it would make a nice christmas present

Comment

Working...
                          X