• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple users.....

Me and my friends, those commies!

Originally posted by Doomarias View Post
    Me and my friends, those commies!

Did you notice that their computers were working and yours wasn't?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I've been giving a new computer a LOT of thought lately...and I've actually considered a Mac...until I remembered that I'd be far better off using the OS that I'm using at work. :(
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I don't see any reason to use a Mac. I don't have any problems using a PC.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          I don't see any reason to use a Mac. I don't have any problems using a PC.
          You call that collection of parts a PC.
          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
            You call that collection of parts a PC.
            You're right, it's more like an SR-71 running Vista. :) Even has "afterburners". Funny thing is, for the vast majority (98%) of what I use it for, a $50 PC of off Craigslist would do the trick. I keep it around in the event I may eventually play a computer game (probably Starcraft 2, in which case, a $100 PC off of CL would do the trick).

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              Did you notice that their computers were working and yours wasn't?
              Mine is working, it just doesn't waste energy powering an apple icon. Also my PC cost just 350 dollars and does everything I ask of it, no problems a year in with Vista!

Comment

I recently switched to Mac and I am never going back.

my 2 bits to the mac vs pc flame war :))

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  You're right, it's more like an SR-71 running Vista. :) Even has "afterburners". Funny thing is, for the vast majority (98%) of what I use it for, a $50 PC of off Craigslist would do the trick. I keep it around in the event I may eventually play a computer game (probably Starcraft 2, in which case, a $100 PC off of CL would do the trick).
                  One man's treasure is another man's junk. As long as people have this thing about keeping up with the Jones, you'll never have to buy another computer.:)

Comment

Originally posted by tinymarae View Post
                    I recently switched to Mac and I am never going back.

my 2 bits to the mac vs pc flame war :))
                    You're probably too broke now anyway. :))

Comment

Macs are sooooo good, you can even run Windows on them

Leibniz

Comment

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                          One man's treasure is another man's junk. As long as people have this thing about keeping up with the Jones, you'll never have to buy another computer.:)
                          Hell, I'll probably never have to worry about buying anything. Especially around these parts where people seem to throw out everything every few years.

Comment

I dunno, Mac or PC, I met a customer (I work in the cable industry, i.e. cable internet industry) and I met a guy who had a Mac who had also erased the Mac factory OS (operating system) and was running MS (dunno if it was XP or Vista) but he had taken a Mac and 'perverted' it.

Heh, it worked fine. You guys with your brand loyalties. Both OS's are made for idiots who just want things to 'work'...

At least both can still talk to each other, and both (when brainwashed by the other side) can still work...

I just can't wait for someone to start writing viruses for whatever language the Macintosh OS works under... That's when the fools from the real trend-setters, or 'smart' people will be worked out...

Nothing I hate more than some jackass telling me they are better than me because of the things they have... give me a break, can you use anything? Can you MacGyver anything? If not you are useless...

Comment

Good lord Pari. How do you keep yours so clean. Last summer I finally had to take mine in for a new power supply, When the tech opened the door, my computer looked like Noah's ark with all the dust bunnies flying out.

I bought my MAC in 2000 and as long as it works I am not getting another. The latest gen OS does not support the G4 so the writing is on the wall. right now it sits 10 feet away from the wood stove, room temp 92F and works like it is still brand new.
                              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X