The Wall Comes Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wall Comes Down

So, where were you the night wall came down?

I remember sitting in my living room in government quarters at FT Lee Virginia. I was drinking a beer and reading a book. I put down the book and kept drinking the beer. I was transfixed by CNN. I think I stayed up to about 0300.

I rushed home from work each day to put on the TV and see what the latest news was fopr about 2 weeks after that.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

I was in Iserlohn, West Germany.

Comment

I had left the army that year. Spend about 17 yrs in Germany and they wait until I leave to pull it down.:)

Comment

BBC NEWS | Europe | In pictures: Berlin Wall anniversary

Comment

i was only 4 years old and don't remember it, but according to my parents when everybody was running aroud shouting "The wall is gone, the wall is gone!" my reaction was: "it wasn't me!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
            i was only 4 years old and don't remember it, but according to my parents when everybody was running aroud shouting "The wall is gone, the wall is gone!" my reaction was: "it wasn't me!!"
            Very Good.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              I had left the army that year. Spend about 17 yrs in Germany and they wait until I leave to pull it down.:)
              I can just see it now: Gorbachev sitting in the Kremlin gets the word - 'Lukins has finally left the Army'. "Thank Lenin for that" says Gorby, "thought the mad bastard would NEVER leave. OK boys, its safe to let the wall down now".
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I was on active duty as an instructor pilot. I remember having several powerful thoughts... "I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime; a miracle" and "We apparently have no enemy now - we have won the cold war. What will become of our armed forces, and how will this shape policy?"

Finally, I thought "The reunification of Germany will be a task of herculean proportions" and I honestly thought it would be a social and economic disaster. The Germans proved that notion wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X