PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness

bigross86
26 Sep 03,, 12:59
Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are coming up and it is customary for Jews worldwide to ask forgiveness for all they might have insulted so as to enter the New Year with a clean slate. Therefore I beg forgiveness for all of you for anything I might have done.

Chag Sameach, Shana Tovah and Happy New Year.

Ben

Stinger
26 Sep 03,, 13:50
What if I withhold my forgivness? whats in it for me to forgive you? (hint hint Bribe... some of those PLO NVG's would be a nice bribe :) )

2DREZQ
26 Sep 03,, 15:18
You Haven't bothered me at all.
If I asked forgiveness only once a year from those I've offended, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth!

TopHatter
26 Sep 03,, 15:21
Ben,
Speaking for myself, I'm glad you are here and am looking forward to reading your future posts.
I wish I knew the appropriate words in Hebrew but since I'm a Gentile, I'll just say All the best for your holy days and I wish you good health and safety for you and your loved ones.

Stinger
26 Sep 03,, 15:43
Come on BR get with the bribing:dbanana :smoke

Lunatock
26 Sep 03,, 21:24
Originally posted by Stinger
Come on BR get with the bribing:dbanana :smoke

Yeah. People are quite different from God.

If you were to offer a ceramic plaque, with Jerusalem carved into it. It'd be much more likely you'd get forgiveness from anyone you offended in the past year. :)

Ironduke
26 Sep 03,, 22:54
If you mailed me one of those things like Yasser Arafat wears on his head, I'd forgive ya :)

One of those rags with that round band. :D

TopHatter
26 Sep 03,, 23:00
Yeah, I want one of those too! The red and white checkered headress thing...I'll pay you many shekels for one :dbanana

ChrisF202
27 Sep 03,, 00:39
I forgive you, even though you have done no wrong

Ironduke
28 Sep 03,, 20:09
So BR, are you going to send me on of those Arafat head thingies? :)

bigross86
28 Sep 03,, 21:37
As much as I'd like to, I don't know anyone going into Nablus or Gaza to get me one of those. Amazingly enough yuo can't get them anywhere but the Pal cities. And I've tried...

TopHatter
28 Sep 03,, 23:52
What, no class field trips to Gaza and places like that?

Gio
29 Sep 03,, 00:56
Ross, you are forgiven for wasteing 200 Mb's of bandwidth on your own at the last forum. ;-)

Lunatock
29 Sep 03,, 03:37
Originally posted by bigross86
As much as I'd like to, I don't know anyone going into Nablus or Gaza to get me one of those. Amazingly enough yuo can't get them anywhere but the Pal cities. And I've tried...

http://www.stores.ebay.com/ziondirect/plistings/list/all/dept11.index.html?col=2&dir=.1

bigross86
29 Sep 03,, 07:51
Do you want Egyptian ones or Pal ones? They're different. Do you want one that means al-Haj or not? (al-Haj is one who made his required trip in his lifetime to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Once making the trip, the person adds al-Haj to his name. e.g. "His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hajj Dr Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular")

Ziska
30 Sep 03,, 07:58
His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hajj Dr Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

That has to be the coolest title ever. :)

I now declare myself through divine right "The Majestic Grand High Womble for Life Generallissimo Dr Ziska the Pretentious, VC, AMC, Master of Every Thing that Moveth upon the Face of the Earth, and Conqueror of Tasmania."

My first decree shall be to outlaw people being taller than myself. Any such shall face my wrath!

Stinger
30 Sep 03,, 13:53
OK BR I suppose I can for give you being a teenager.... but this is your last freebee

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 14:52
Originally posted by Stinger
OK BR I suppose I can for give you being a teenager.... but this is your last freebee

Yup, I'm screwed...

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 16:01
Do you want Egyptian ones or Pal ones? They're different. Do you want one that means al-Haj or not? (al-Haj is one who made his required trip in his lifetime to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Once making the trip, the person adds al-Haj to his name. e.g. "His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hajj Dr Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular")

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :LOL
See?? I told you that if you practiced your verbal jousting skills you could come up with something on your own.
OK, I just want the head thing with the circular band thing that I always see on those Saudi sheiks. It looks kinda like an Italian tablecloth at all those Mom and Pop pizza joints in Little Italy.

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 16:08
I'll try to get some for you guys, but I'll need some $$$ first. And how would I get thm to you? I can't send them via email, ICQ, OR Yahoo IM!!!

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 16:28
Well shucks, just tell me how many shekels you'll need, I'll send an International Money Order when I can scrape up the cash for the goods and shipping and then send them to my home or work address. (Won't they freak when see that getup at work!)

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 16:55
Like I said, I'll try, but no guarantees. I got to ask some friends first if they can actually get me some...

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 17:26
Just check first, no rush on getting the stuff ( Do we sound like smugglers or what?).
Say, what the hell are those things called anyway?

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 17:28
Khafeeyah

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 17:30
Eh...can you sound that one out for me?

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 17:37
Khuh-Fee-Yuh

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 18:01
Thanks, my pronunciation for Middle East languages is not the best (for some reason :) )

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 18:41
Try learning Talmud in Arameic. Just try learning Talmud...

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 19:06
No thanks! I'll stick with being a Gentile :dbanana

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 20:26
Hey, last time I checked Britney and Madonna are gentiles but they're doing the whole Kaballa thing...

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 20:41
If that's what I think it is, then it's probably another Hollywood fad. :dontcare

bigross86
30 Sep 03,, 21:03
I dunno. From what I hear Madonna has been doing it for a couple years already. Have you seen the clip for Die Another Day? Those straps shes wrapping on herself are Tefillin (phylacteries) straps and she was hebrew letters burned on her arm that spell the word "Lav", which is "No" in Arameic.

TopHatter
30 Sep 03,, 22:33
"NO"? Obviously not the answer she gave when MTV asked her to kiss Britney.

Ironduke
30 Sep 03,, 23:15
I'll try to get some for you guys, but I'll need some $$$ first.
Beg from your parents :)

And how would I get thm to you? I can't send them via email, ICQ, OR Yahoo IM!!! [/B]
Just put a bunch of stamps on the package and drop it in the mail :)

Praxus
01 Oct 03,, 00:49
LOL he'll need like 1000$ worth of stamps:-D

Maybe he can fax it;)

Ironduke
01 Oct 03,, 04:07
Originally posted by Praxus
LOL he'll need like 1000$ worth of stamps:-D

Maybe he can fax it;)
Nah. I mailed a silver dollar and a Sacagawea dollar to the Netherlands for 3 or 4 stamps.

bigross86
01 Oct 03,, 15:47
Well, no luck so far... Stil looking though...

Lunatock
03 Oct 03,, 16:32
Speaking of passing thingsa on BR.

You ever going to fill me in on the one thing I need to pass that Catherine Bell issue of Stuff to you? An address?

What's the friggin' holdup? I pride myself on being prompt with such things. It annoys me to be held up like this.
:mad: :D

But if you won't take a leap of faith and accept that issue...as the first of a stack in progress...I'm sure some other reckless dude on this forum might be interested. Or maybe divide up the stack a few ways if you don't want them?...

Ironduke
18 Oct 03,, 02:15
Where's my Yasser Arafat style headrag?!?

bigross86
19 Oct 03,, 00:00
I been looking, can't find it anywhere. And I don't know anyone who'll go into Judea Samaria and Gaza to get me one...