Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interviewed Junoon, Strings and Fuzon baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviewed Junoon, Strings and Fuzon baby!

So god damn exhausted now, have to start typing things like crazy man!

Oh and I got Social Circus, Ali Azmat's solo album, autographed by him! Its not even released yet!

It was so much fun, questioning these guys! I mean Junoon man. I grew up listening to Ni heeray, Husn Walon. Oh and Salman Ahmed mentions me on stage. I asked him a question about how he recalls their following in Dubai from their first shows in a small ice rink! and now in places where Destiny's Child and Celine Dion have performed... he said I'll answer this in a while. Goes on stage and then mentions me and answers it! I'm like ohhhhh fucccck!

Shallum Xavier from Fuzon, man he's a damn good guitarist! I mean the type of songs Fuzon's got, you wouldn't notice, but live he was something else.

Oh man I'm just too excited, haven't slept in 24 hours and I'm really jumpy!

I like Junoon. They play good music. Not to mention the guitar! Whoa !

Comment

Originally posted by Karthik
      I like Junoon. They play good music. Not to mention the guitar! Whoa !
      If you see the guitarists there in Pakistan these days, you'd forget Salman Ahmed's guitaring. But it was a treat to see Salman and Mekaal battle it out, yesterday.

try this out. www.farazanwar.tk or www.Mizraab.net or www.mizraabianz.com

Or try out Mekaal Hassan and Shallum Xavier

Comment

Well Asim I went through those sites. Thanks for that. The third site is well built. :)

I am at a loss though to understand the connection between playing the guitar and having long locks. I mean, we have Junoon, Faraz, and almost every other player from Pakistan doing that. Even my college band. Instinctive cult, methinks

The song Sayoni is good. Junoon - I wonder what's happened to them, because I dont really remember seeing them around recently.
        Last edited by Karthik; 08 Apr 05,, 20:46.

Comment

They were in India end of March. Then went to Bangladesh and did a concert with 55,000 people!

Long hair? Chicks dig it, especially when the guitarist, bangs his head up n down.

Faraz though looks like a chick, I've interviewed him, he looks alright in real life. He's a god with the guitar! He used to play for Dusk (still does) but these days has made Mizraab (means a "pick" of the Sitaar). Unfortunately they're labelled as satan worshipping, death praising trash without anyone actually listening to what they compose. They've got very deep poetry!

Comment

I gotto admit one thing here, I like Strings. Their first album 'Door' was awesome, didn't like the second much though, Junoon are good too, not as good as strings though. Aren't Junoon's songs 'Sufi' type, if I'm not wrong?

Comment

Oh yes, Junoon plays Sufi music.

Comment

Strings first album was other stuff. They hit the scene in 1989. and in 1992 released Sar Kiye yeh Pahar.

Comment

Sar kiye yeh pahar, is a great song, especially with the original beats, not the "door" album version

Comment

yeah the orchestra thing in the beginning lost its touch. Faisal Kapadia said that, that song was their connection with their fans and they were making a come back after 8 years so it was something really necessary to do.

Comment

add Bombay Rockers to that list... Rock tha Party!

Comment

Working...
                      X