web browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web browsers

I am having problems , i tried fire fox and int exp 8 both keep failing , any suggestions ??

I think you have to check your antivirus
    It is so. It cant be otherwise

Comment

I have its all up to date , kaspersky , i have reduced my privacyand security , when on int 8 it just says int 8 has stopped working and will close

Comment

Only browsers close for no good reasons? How about other programs?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          Only browsers close for no good reasons? How about other programs?
          Int ex , freeze up , bloody frustrating , i get msgs saying int explorer has stopped working and will close to stop harm then a page comes saying msg apex has ceased as well ,when windows finds a solution blah blah , then its int explorer is restarting , and then burgger me in 5 to 10 minutes , bang ,again . Must go to comp doc methinks .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
            Int ex , freeze up , bloody frustrating , i get msgs saying int explorer has stopped working and will close to stop harm then a page comes saying msg apex has ceased as well ,when windows finds a solution blah blah , then its int explorer is restarting , and then burgger me in 5 to 10 minutes , bang ,again . Must go to comp doc methinks .
            Questions:
            -have you ran windows update recently (last few weeks)?
            -when the browser colapses, was it in a site that needs to run something to load: java, some media player, activex, etc?
            -did you get a message saying that "IE will stop working for your protection" or similar, part of which in bold?

Comment

I've been using Google Chrome lately Eric,so far I like it;).
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                Questions:
                -have you ran windows update recently (last few weeks)?
                -when the browser colapses, was it in a site that needs to run something to load: java, some media player, activex, etc?
                -did you get a message saying that "IE will stop working for your protection" or similar, part of which in bold?

Yes thats it ,, google chrome Don , ok i will give it a glimpse matey ;)

Comment

what about fire fox.Google chrome did not work for me
                  It is so. It cant be otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Mohan View Post
                    what about fire fox.Google chrome did not work for me
                    Tried it mate , im not very pc orientated , but when it goes cold it just says Internet explorer has stopped working , windows will shut down and then restarts
                    Last edited by tankie; 23 Oct 09,, 13:06.

Comment

If your PC is updated and you're getting all browsers blocked in the same sites, then your problem isnt' with the browsers, but windows itself. Are you using XP or Vista?

Comment

If your PC is updated and you're getting all browsers blocked in the same sites, then your problem isnt' with the browsers, but windows itself. Are you using XP or Vista?
                        I think you may have hit the nail , i was on XP and went to vista , i reckon a reversal is in order ;)

Comment

I think you may have hit the nail , i was on XP and went to vista , i reckon a reversal is in order ;)
                          First rule is: dump Vista always!! :))

If you had XP, then I'd say your problem was XP's security protection "Data Execution Prevention (DEP)". Some recent changes on it have really fraked it up, and I'm having to switch it of in many of our PCs.

I'm not familiar with Vista, but what you describe seems very similar to what happens in XP. So, you may want to try this link, on how to switch this off:

Enable or Disable DEP in Vista

Be warned: I've never tried this in Vista, so you're on your own.

Comment

First rule is: dump Vista always!! :))

If you had XP, then I'd say your problem was XP's security protection "Data Execution Prevention (DEP)". Some recent changes on it have really fraked it up, and I'm having to switch it of in many of our PCs.

I'm not familiar with Vista, but what you describe seems very similar to what happens in XP. So, you may want to try this link, on how to switch this off:

Enable or Disable DEP in Vista

Be warned: I've never tried this in Vista, so you're on your own.
                            Am i supposed to be able to fry eggs on this laptop ;)

Comment

Am i supposed to be able to fry eggs on this laptop ;)
                              Laptop heating up? :)

All do... if you have it on a table, just elevate the back (where the screen is) with something like a small book, to ventilate under it.

Comment

Working...
                              X