new navy commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new navy commercial

hi everybody ,i have been looking online and cant seam to find the new commercial with the iowa class battleships firing in it , it is awesome i saw it when i was watching some show on A&E, really nicely done , anybody else get a chance to see it ??
    Last edited by THOMAS81Z; 17 Oct 09,, 02:58.

nope. looking online for it now

Comment

Here you go.

Of course here is my favorite. A little truth in advertising

Comment

Grape:
        That second one was more like the Army than the Navy. Besides, there is only one ship in the US Navy with a bathtub aboard her.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
          Grape:
          That second one was more like the Army than the Navy. Besides, there is only one ship in the US Navy with a bathtub aboard her.
          isn't that the Iowa, put in her for Roosevelt?

Comment

America's Navy? Misrepresentation! All the other Navies on the continent should Sue!!

Comment

I've always found it ironic that as fast as the Navy wants to be done with the Iowas, they are quick to display them when they want to demonstrate "the might" of the US Navy..... along with lots of jets, SEAL/s, and CVN's.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHayes View Post
                I've always found it ironic that as fast as the Navy wants to be done with the Iowas, they are quick to display them when they want to demonstrate "the might" of the US Navy..... along with lots of jets, SEAL/s, and CVN's.
                The standing around the edges of the CVN deck looked a bit dangerous except in perfectly smooth waters, they don't have folding guard rails do they?

Comment

Originally posted by dundonrl View Post
                  isn't that the Iowa, put in her for Roosevelt?
                  Yes it is:
                  Attached Files
                  Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                    Grape:
                    Don't forget all the shore stations. Looks familiar to me. I did 3 months as a compartment cleaner at NAAS Kingsville, TX, back when...before they moved me up to the next heroic job. I don't remember the dramatic music, but that was a long time ago. :) Later on I did feel more like the guys in the first commercial when my VP squadron was deployed to Gitmo during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by DocHayes View Post
                      I've always found it ironic that as fast as the Navy wants to be done with the Iowas, they are quick to display them when they want to demonstrate "the might" of the US Navy..... .
                      boy there is alot of truth in that

Comment

Originally posted by StevoJH View Post
                        The standing around the edges of the CVN deck looked a bit dangerous except in perfectly smooth waters, they don't have folding guard rails do they?
                        no.. they don't have folding nets, but they do have permanenty installed netting..

Comment

Originally posted by StevoJH View Post
                          On the Nimitz class CVN's you have a cable and posts system surrounding the deck and elevators. When the ship is underway these are hydraulically raised (after your warning;)) from the flight deck and the cable (that lies in a capillary groove) in the deck now raises above the flight deck level.

As far as safety netting goes you have it at the bow (it sticks out about 4 feet more then the bow itself). On the Port and starboard side there are small ladders that lead to platforms so there is no threat of falling but more then say 4' to the platform below (these are where your lifeboats and other apparatices are stored) including gun tubs for the 50's and missle launchers etc and catapult cards. You must use these platforms to pass under the flightdeck in order to access the hangars or inside the ship itself. The only other way is by the island or going down on one of the aircraft elevators. There is no netting at the stern end of the flightdeck only a tapered surface edge to assist aircraft incase of close calls when landing.
                          Last edited by Dreadnought; 17 Dec 09,, 22:32.
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

The cable only goes around the elevators and rises as the elevator decends to the hanger deck and then retracts again when the elevator returns to flight deck level. These are not rigged in the up position when the elevator is locked in at the flight deck level.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadnaughtHelper View Post
                              The cable only goes around the elevators and rises as the elevator decends to the hanger deck and then retracts again when the elevator returns to flight deck level. These are not rigged in the up position when the elevator is locked in at the flight deck level.
                              Thanks for the correction. I hadnt paid attention after we were off the elevators. A neat system no doubt.:)
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                              X