Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam

We got any fans of Seafoam on WAB?

Just sucked in 1/3 of a can through the vacuum line going into my throttle body. Can't wait to see the A-bomb cloud that goes off when I start up my engine. With Rahm Emmanuel's house 200-300 feet within eyesight of my car, maybe I'll get an MP from Ft. Myer called on me.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

I love sea foam. However its not very neighborly with all that smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      I love sea foam. However its not very neighborly with all that smoke.
      Man, I started up the engine after 20 minutes. Just a strong puff of smoke then it idled smooth. I was expecting a hell of alot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        We got any fans of Seafoam on WAB?

Just sucked in 1/3 of a can through the vacuum line going into my throttle body. Can't wait to see the A-bomb cloud that goes off when I start up my engine. With Rahm Emmanuel's house 200-300 feet within eyesight of my car, maybe I'll get an MP from Ft. Myer called on me.
        Ok i give in , what is it ???

Comment

Seafoam?
          Attached Files

Comment

Seafoam?
            Cheers , 1st time i seen it , its like redex ?
            Last edited by tankie; 11 Oct 09,, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Cheers , 1st time i seen it , its like redex ?
              Well, there's alot of fuel cleaners on the market. Seafoam is supposed to be one of the best for the money.

Comment

Well, there's alot of fuel cleaners on the market. Seafoam is supposed to be one of the best for the money.
                I will check it out here I/D thanks , redex has been around for years and it used to be a penny a shot ,wow am i that old :))

Comment

I induce it via vacuum then let it sit for minutes, and get 20 minutes worth of smoke.

Comment

I induce it via vacuum then let it sit for minutes, and get 20 minutes worth of smoke.
                    :)) Anti social hooligan

Comment

Dang it...I thought you were talking about Seafoam candy! My mom makes the best!!!
                      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                      sigpic

Comment

That's what I did. I disconnected a hose that went right into the throttle body. The car had been sitting for maybe 10 minutes, should've still been plenty warm. Sucked in 1/3 of a can, killed the engine. 20 minutes later, started it back up, a big puff of white smoke for 4-5 seconds, then very light white smoke thereafter. It idled normally within seconds of starting. I'm thinking either I had a very clean engine with an isolated fouled part somewhere, or I did something wrong, though I can't imagine how I could've messed it up.

Driving it around afterward, it did seem to run smoother. The idle and acceleration seemed smoother. I just started it up a couple minutes ago after letting the engine get completely cold, and it started like a snap of a finger, on the very first revolution, vs. 3-4 revolutions on a good start before. Best cold start I've had since I owned the car. In the past few weeks I've been having problems with it struggling when starting cold every once in awhile, sometimes dying. I guess if that comes back I'll know whether it worked or not.

Comment

That's what I did. I disconnected a hose that went right into the throttle body. The car had been sitting for maybe 10 minutes, should've still been plenty warm. Sucked in 1/3 of a can, killed the engine. 20 minutes later, started it back up, a big puff of white smoke for 4-5 seconds, then very light white smoke thereafter. It idled normally within seconds of starting. I'm thinking either I had a very clean engine with an isolated fouled part somewhere, or I did something wrong, though I can't imagine how I could've messed it up.

Driving it around afterward, it did seem to run smoother. The idle and acceleration seemed smoother. I just started it up a couple minutes ago after letting the engine get completely cold, and it started like a snap of a finger, on the very first revolution, vs. 3-4 revolutions on a good start before. Best cold start I've had since I owned the car. In the past few weeks I've been having problems with it struggling when starting cold every once in awhile, sometimes dying. I guess if that comes back I'll know whether it worked or not.
                          I usually let it sit for 5 minutes, left the 5 out earlier, but a clean engine won't have a lot of carbon to peel off and blow out the exhaust.

Comment

Here's a pic of my engine and the line I used:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not sure what I am looking at, I use the brake vacuum line that draws its vacuum from the intake.

Comment

Working...
                              X