Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

monty python: the worlds greatest living comedians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monty python: the worlds greatest living comedians?

having treated myself to a box set of monty python films, i think they are a) so barking as to be certifiable, and b) the funniest thing i've ever seen.

opinions?

ps. little britain is also in the same bracket, just not quite as gut-wrenchingly hilarious.
    before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'd vote Yes to that without hesitation.

-dale

Comment

"your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries, I fart in your general direction"
      yep they're good....

I would however also add a vote for the makers of The Fast Show.
      "This week I have mostly been eating..."
      Last edited by Parihaka; 06 Apr 05,, 19:42.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

An excellent way to kill brain cells without the use of dangerous toxins..... Brilliant.
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

“How do defend yourself, from a man armed with a banana?”

Monty Python - высокий класс.

Comment

Originally posted by Prosto ILya
            “How do defend yourself, from a man armed with a banana?”

Monty Python - высокий класс.
            Release the tiger, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
              Release the tiger, of course.
              ...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

"Here we see a huge bull limpet engaged in a life or death struggle with a rock."

-dale

Comment

Wow guys.... ya'll need to get out a bit more.

This ain't healthy.
                  "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                      "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
                      I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
                        Come see the violence inherent in the system. Help, help, I'm being repressed.

Comment

Let me face the PERIL!

Comment

I WARNED you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you know, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little BUNNY, isn't it?
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Veni Vidi Vici
                              Wow guys.... ya'll need to get out a bit more.
                              This ain't healthy.
                              Not to worry VVV....they have brain farts like this once in awhile......it'll pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X