Ajads UN speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajads UN speech

Ajad has called for the abolition of the P5 veto and claimed he was popularly elected. His condemnation of the p5 veto might get Obama a bone from the Russians. He also called for Israel to be sublimed into a Palestinian state. Now he is condemning the west... Right now the speech is live.

This time A-jad did not prompt a massive walkout by EU states, although a number of them did.

Sweden: Ahmadinejad did not cross 'red line' with UN speech
    Foreign Ministry in Stockholm says certain criteria were set for when EU delegates would leave room during Iranian president's address which were not fulfilled.

24 Sept [AFP/YNet] Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad did not cross the "red line" that would have prompted a walkout by all EU states in his speech at the United Nations, the Swedish Foreign Ministry said Thursday.

"There were certain criteria set for when the EU would leave the room and those criteria were not fulfilled," spokeswoman Cecilia Julin said.

The criteria agreed in New York before the Iranian leader spoke included denying the Holocaust and calling for the annihilation of Israel, which Ahmadinejad avoided doing this time.

Even so, a number of EU states did walk out when Ahmadinejad attacked Israel, including Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary and Italy.

"We're not commenting on who left or who didn't leave," Julin said. "I think there were other reasons for other countries that decided to leave."

In his address, Ahmadinejad again took aim at Israel but without mentioning the country or Jews by name, referring only to the "Zionist regime."

He accused Israel of "inhumane policies in Palestine," including genocide, and seeking to "establish a new form of slavery, and harm the reputation of other nations, even European nations and the US, to attain its racist ambitions." ...
    Last edited by Merlin; 24 Sep 09,, 15:35.

Comment

I'd like somebody to remix that A-jad speech with Joe Wilson.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Representitives walking out is nothing new with this clown, he does nothing but repeat the same lies, racism and admonishments as before, the representitives get tired of hearing it and so is the world. Everything is wrong with everybody else but him and his regime.

I hope Israel knocks his dick in the dirt at the end of this month instead of sanctions. If they do I'm sure you are going to see more protests aimed at getting him out of power and perhaps someone more reasonable in power. Its an insult to the civilized world having to listen to this mans pathetic rants and raves when its all based upon hate and racism. What an ignorrant little dick he is. Both in speech and in knowledge. He is the last person on this earth that should be talking about "inhumane policies".
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I really think this kinda reaction is giving him exactly what he wants. Now hell go home looking like the hero who stuck his fingers up at the imperialist west and the Iranian public will temporarily forget their domestic problems.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
            I really think this kinda reaction is giving him exactly what he wants. Now hell go home looking like the hero who stuck his fingers up at the imperialist west and the Iranian public will temporarily forget their domestic problems.
            *A hero to those that share his views, not to the Iranian people, those elections opened the eyes more then ever. They might temporaily forget the domestic problems, that is until the end of this month when newer sanctions will be put up for vote on Iran. Either that or Israel turns their lights out. In either case A-Jad deserves whatever he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
              *A hero to those that share his views, not to the Iranian people, those elections opened the eyes more then ever. They might temporaily forget the domestic problems, that is until the end of this month when newer sanctions will be put up for vote on Iran. Either that or Israel turns their lights out. In either case A-Jad deserves whatever he gets.
              Well its hard to say what the Iranians really think. Ive read polls that indicate Most Iranians really dislike A-Jhad on his domestic stuff, but agree with his foreign policy. Maybe this is why hes so fond of the international podium - it makes him look good at home.

Sanctions don't hurt him, just the Iranians. And he wont get the blame for them - we will.

And realistically, Israels not going to kill him - if they strike it would likely be a sustained bombing campaign, and once its over hes going to emerge from his bunker looking like a hero against 'the zionist aggressors'. I think he wins either way

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                Do you say Iran sanctions proposal ?It seems it won't go through the UN SC because of China's opposition。
                http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ira...sanctions.html

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
                  Well its hard to say what the Iranians really think. Ive read polls that indicate Most Iranians really dislike A-Jhad on his domestic stuff, but agree with his foreign policy. Maybe this is why hes so fond of the international podium - it makes him look good at home.

Sanctions don't hurt him, just the Iranians. And he wont get the blame for them - we will.

And realistically, Israels not going to kill him - if they strike it would likely be a sustained bombing campaign, and once its over hes going to emerge from his bunker looking like a hero against 'the zionist aggressors'. I think he wins either way
                  *It only makes him look good to those that share his deranged view. To the normal people they see a jackass that will only make things worse for the Iranian people.

*Thats strange because many feel that his attitude and racism have brought nothing but hard times for the Iranian people and they want him out. Bad enough for them to critisize Khomeinie. Something that was never done before and is becoming more and more apparent.

*So long as that regime never has a nuclear bomb or warhead to threaten others with is well worth getting the blame over. Wether its us or someone else really dont matter when you consider the mouth piece.

*The Israeli's wont kill him, they could have many times over, but they will if need be deny him those nuclear powerplants. He may emerge from his bunker but if he has not the materials to build a bomb with then the goal has been met and much money he has poured into the program instead of programs giving them the ability to process their own oil into gasoline is lost. Now who really wins?
                  Last edited by Dreadnought; 24 Sep 09,, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
                    Do you say Iran sanctions proposal ?It seems it won't go through the UN SC because of China's opposition。
                    http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ira...sanctions.html
                    *If Russia agrees then thats 4 out of 5. China will more then likely follow suite.

Comment

dreadnought,

I hope Israel knocks his dick in the dirt at the end of this month instead of sanctions. If they do I'm sure you are going to see more protests aimed at getting him out of power and perhaps someone more reasonable in power.
                      unfortunately, nationalism doesn't work that way. liberals sure hated bush prior to 9-11, but after the attacks bush's popularity spiked to 92-93%.

but i think the protests showed exactly what i have been saying all along: the iranians are much weaker than people would believe. there's a whole section of the populace that would like to do regime change THEMSELVES. looking at the results they got just from partially stealing an election, i'd like to see the mullahs try anything crazy even if they had missiles or nukes-- they'd be stringing from lampposts in no time flat.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

If Russia agrees then thats 4 out of 5. China will more then likely follow suite.
                        I don't think Merlin will offer a Misinformation。
                        It only makes him look good to those that share his deranged view. To the normal people they see a jackass that will only make things worse for the Iranian people.
                        The key is how Iranian people see him,not you or me。
                        *Thats strange because many feel that his attitude and racism have brought nothing but hard times for the Iranian people and they want him out. Bad enough for them to critisize Khomeinie. Something that was never done before and is becoming more and more apparent.
                        Really?Why do so many Iranian people still vote to him?Though there's Demonstrations,the fact is he is Iran's president,not others。

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
                          I don't think Merlin will offer a Misinformation。

The key is how Iranian people see him,not you or me。

Really?Why do so many Iranian people still vote to him?Though there's Demonstrations,the fact is he is Iran's president,not others。
                          *Not stating that Merlins post was wrong. If they got 4-5 to vote for sanctions chances are China would agree. And if anything Russia has the most to loose by agreeing so China would have to search for a resonable excuse to abstain.

*The key is not as many Iranians see him as favorable as you are led to believe. Hence the West was blamed for the uprisings during the elections. If he admitted they were Iranians it would have been worse for him.

*He lost. He didnt win anything and everybody knows it including those above him. But since they possibly could not control the real winner, they falsify votes and remarkably A-Jad wins by a landslide, ergo someone they can control without any diffaculty at all instead of the true winner who might go against the ruling theocracy's views.

*Amazes me how they could count millions of votes by hand within such a short span of time and Kohmeini already announces him as a victor before those votes could be counted for real. The laws of physics simply do not apply in the Iranian regime thinking no doubt.

*He didnt win, A theocracy stole it from the people of Iran for him and handed it to him. He would have never won by popular choice. Nor if even a legal recount would have taken place.

*You dont hear much about his competition in the election do you? The one that actually won the election. I wonder why that is.

If you call that winning then I would certainly hate to see your idea of loosing.;)

And while were at it lets atempt to shut down all communications in and around the country so the world cannot see us beat the innocent people and shoot others that came out to protest their right to a legal and valid election process and stand up to a radical theocracy. Yeah thats a president you can all be proud of. Not!
                          Last edited by Dreadnought; 24 Sep 09,, 17:46.

Comment

astralis, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's a big Iranian community in Irvine. There has been daily protests against A-jad since the contraversial election a few months back. I drive by them every monday afternoon on my way to my hockey game. The protest was quite large (by suburb) standards a few weeks back. It's smaller now, but still present.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

gunnut,

astralis, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's a big Iranian community in Irvine. There has been daily protests against A-jad since the contraversial election a few months back.
                              yeah, i know. btw, don't call them iranian- they get pissed off. they prefer to be known as persians...
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X