Brzezinski: US Should Attack Israeli Aircraft Striking Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brzezinski: US Should Attack Israeli Aircraft Striking Iran

How aggressive can Obama be in insisting to the Israelis that a military strike might be in America’s worst interest?
    We are not exactly impotent little babies. They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq. Are we just going to sit there and watch?

What if they fly over anyway?
    Well, we have to be serious about denying them that right. That means a denial where you aren’t just saying it. If they fly over, you go up and confront them. They have the choice of turning back or not. No one wishes for this but it could be a Liberty in reverse. [Israeli jet fighters and torpedo boats attacked the USS Liberty in international waters, off the Sinai Peninsula, during the Six-Day War in 1967. Israel later claimed the ship was the object of friendly fire.]
    How Obama Flubbed His Missile Message - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

This excerpt of his interview is the natural conclusion to the questions about the Israelis perceiving that the US commitment to preventing Iranian development of its missile and nuclear program as faltering as deciding to use its military options to preempt the Iranians.

He also discusses the Polish and Czech reactions and the unfortunate coincidence of the Obama Administration's BMD reversal with the anniversary of the invasion of Poland.

Zbig Brzezinski: Obama Administration Should Tell Israel U.S. Will Attack Israeli Jets if They Try to Attack Iran - Political Punch

It would be the worst move he could make thus far. If he continues to alienate supposedly friendly nations it will end up in disaster.And it would seem very one sided as the US has caught Iranian Quds forces and their UAV's in Iraq and Iraqi airspace. How would he explain that after shooting down an Israeli warplane? At that point the Israeli's will act in their own interests and whose to say they would be in the wrong. Besides the Israeli's have already demonstrated refuleing in flight with fighter jets, no need for tankers nor Iraqi airspace. Why tempt them.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 21 Sep 09,, 19:55.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

dreadnought,

At that point the Israeli's will act in their own interests and whose to say they would be in the wrong. Besides the Israeli's have already demonstrated refuleing in flight with fighter jets, no need for tankers nor Iraqi airspace. Why tempt them.
      how does that work?

also, making this even more...interesting...is if iraq gets those F-16s they've been hunting for. can you imagine F-16 vs F-16?
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        dreadnought,

how does that work?

also, making this even more...interesting...is if iraq gets those F-16s they've been hunting for. can you imagine F-16 vs F-16?
        *You have not seen their inflight refueling jet to jet yet? They have been doing it for some time now. I would rather not see it but if Obama makes bad choices the Israeli's will do it in their own security interests. We cant expect them to wait for Obama to make those choices when it is not the US that is being threatened. I'm still waiting for it too come out that the Mossad was behind the Artic Sea. Maybe it will maybe it wont.

Comment

I believe that a lot of Countries around the world are getting a little sick and tired of the US dictating to them; "What the can do and not do". I believe it will be sooner rather than later that Israel will attack Iran, because of the way Obama is acting. Now lets not start an arguement here, just an opinion.

Comment

dreadnought,

*You have not seen their inflight refueling jet to jet yet?
            no, i mean how are they going to attack iran without crossing iraqi air space? the only other roundabout is through turkey or through jordan/saudi arabia.
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
              I believe that a lot of Countries around the world are getting a little sick and tired of the US dictating to them; "What the can do and not do". I believe it will be sooner rather than later that Israel will attack Iran, because of the way Obama is acting. Now lets not start an arguement here, just an opinion.
              Funnily enough, that is what a lot of countries like Iran & Venezuela say too.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                Funnily enough, that is what a lot of countries like Iran & Venezuela say too.
                Yep, just one big difference, Iran and Venezuala are ran by dictators but one is backed by a religious theocracy that is just as croked as he is and the other takes office by coup. The other makes his people so piss poor that he has to shut down the media and everthing else related to the outside to keep his people deaf and dumb. How is it that we have more respect for their people then they do?.

Yep were monsters.
                Last edited by Dreadnought; 22 Sep 09,, 17:44.

Comment

dreadnought,

no, i mean how are they going to attack iran without crossing iraqi air space? the only other roundabout is through turkey or through jordan/saudi arabia.
                  *You dont honestly think we would shoot them down do you? The Iraqi's might but I dont think the US will, besides it is Iraqi airspace not ours.

Comment

Hi Guys,

[AMATEUR ANALYST MODE ON]

I think I see where Brzezinksi is coming from.

Militarily opposing an Israeli strike against Iran is, pragmatically and realpolitikally, a very rational and necessary move for the United States.

The fact of the matter would appear that when it comes to Israel the United States' word is no good to half the Europeans and all of the Arabs if not a great deal of the Muslims in general.

If Israel unilaterally strikes Iran and the U.S. howls in protest, nobody is going to believe a word coming out of Washington and assume that the U.S. approved in advance and act accordingly. If the U.S. supports a unilateral Israeli effort, the net result is the same.

If the U.S. chooses to defend its own interests by opposing Israel, that defense will only be credible if there is public, concrete action. Doing nothing or engaging in more jaw flapping is only going to give the Russians increased influence in Europe, reduce U.S. political capital in the Middle East and most likely find Americans further tied up in that region which will please our enemies and competitors immensely and further define the limits of U.S. power.

Shooting at Israeli aircraft might not be such a hot idea but shadowing those strike assets and letting the Iranians know that they are coming would let every player know that Washington is serious in putting American interests first and not second.

The U.S. has a choice: accept one of two identical outcomes or choose to play for different stakes.

[AMATEUR ANALYST MODE OFF]

Regards,

William
                    Pharoh was pimp but now he is dead. What are you going to do today?

Comment

Brzezinski needs to be in a patted room with soft walls. Maybe a nice white jacket with tied elongated cuffs that prevent arm movement.

He is one of those people who broods on the US against them, first its US and allies against them then its US against our former allies and the world, then its US against other people in our country who think differently, and it ends up with people like him in a dark room against the world.
                      Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

You know something, Im about sick and f*cking tired about what some ME ******* thinks about my country. The man cannot win an election without lies,fraud,intimidation and murder. The US does not support nor undertake all actions in the world or countries and its about f*cking time people realized that. We will get blamed for it or our approval or disapproval none the less.

So hows about we just say piss off and let those who antagonize the other to pay the price for their mouth and turn our backs for once and all. You will never get all the trouble makers at once so dont blow your load in the first rounds.;)

*I will never be so happy when we are out of the ME. ****ing lunitics please do kill each and every one of yourselves and when your done start over again to make sure you get each and everyone of yourselves. Allah will thank you since you use his name so friveriously and so the hell will we. Good Ridince and thanks for playing "It a better world".:P
                        Last edited by Dreadnought; 22 Sep 09,, 21:29.

Comment

dreadnought,

*You dont honestly think we would shoot them down do you? The Iraqi's might but I dont think the US will, besides it is Iraqi airspace not ours.
                          no, you said that the israelis had no need for iraqi airspace. i didn't understand that. the israelis will need to fly over.

whether or not the iraqis stop them will depend on iraqi capability, and iraqi desire-- ie what iraq thinks of iran at the given moment. my guess, though, is that if it is obvious iran is about to come out with nuclear ICBM capability most of the ME states will turn a blind-eye, ie come out with a ritual denouncing of israel and nothing else. but if it were that obvious, the US would have stepped in...

so a lot of questions here. i'm not really seeing a plausible scenario where the israelis would-- or could-- go it alone.

Comment

dreadnought,

no, you said that the israelis had no need for iraqi airspace. i didn't understand that. the israelis will need to fly over.

whether or not the iraqis stop them will depend on iraqi capability, and iraqi desire-- ie what iraq thinks of iran at the given moment. my guess, though, is that if it is obvious iran is about to come out with nuclear ICBM capability most of the ME states will turn a blind-eye, ie come out with a ritual denouncing of israel and nothing else. but if it were that obvious, the US would have stepped in...

so a lot of questions here. i'm not really seeing a plausible scenario where the israelis would-- or could-- go it alone.
                            In some ways Israel doing the dirty work will suit some ME countries. They can rage in public about Israel while privately feeling relived that Iran won't be getting its nukes.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Exactly. Saudi Arabia and all the Gulf states will secretly appreciate if if Israel does this. Not to mention Turkey and Egypt.

Comment

Working...
                              X