PAK-40 Dio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAK-40 Dio

First model and Dio that I've done since 1995.

Forgot to varnish the base before I put the celuclay down. It cupped :(

I also forgot to tape the sides. So I smeared Celuclay all over them.

Just basic stuff that slips the mind.

I know it needs work but its been 14 years.

I'm not done yet. Still need to do some touch up and blending. But I thought I would post pics before I dullcoated it and really messed it up trying to weather and blend it.

I used an old Tamiya 1/35 Pak-40/L46 gun, The Soldiers at Rest set, with a few arms and torsos from the spare parts box. Verlinden ammo boxes and barbed wire. The personal weapons came from the parts box.
    Attached Files

Looks pretty cool, not as cool as your signature though :))
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Clearly it pictures a german gunnery sergeant giving a lecture about beneficies of camouflaged position :)
      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
        Clearly it pictures a german gunnery sergeant giving a lecture about beneficies of camouflaged position :)
        The cigarette gave it away. Didn't it:))

The next one will be better. I've got a few years to get to Nords level though.

Comment

Nice! I did a Pak40 on a Verlinden street corner base for a friend once. ATGs make for nice little dioramas, don't they?

-dale

Comment

Thanks. Yea they are great for that.

And I almost did a street corner. I've got the old Verlindin Productions "Ruined Mansion" And an old Heller stone wall. Told you I had a box of old kits.

And that Pak 40 is a great "Skill Builder" model. Or just about any of the old ATGs. Saw it at the local Hobby Lobby for about $8.00. I don't mind practicing weathering techniques, blending or playing with the airbrush with those kits.

They still build decent, for my old eyes. Don't look as sharp as the Dragon kit. But they are 1/4 the price.

It took almost a year for me to build the kit because my son got bit by the modeling bug when we did the Wright Flyer together. He built 4 cars over the summer, I had to squeeze time in to work on my stuff. Hes learning a lot about patience and attention to detail.

The big reason I started building again.

Gotta watch us Dads. We are tricky:)

The wife did get a little upset when I bought the new 1/35 M-198 model, some ammo and ammo cans. but I reminded her that way back, I told here if they ever came out with one I was going to build one of my guns.

Came close to $100.
            Last edited by Gun Grape; 14 Sep 09,, 04:22.

Comment

Working...
            X