No announcement yet.

Sex??No thanks,we're from Manchester...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex??No thanks,we're from Manchester...

Who Closes a Sex Festival for Lack of Interest?

Fri Apr 1,11:10 AM ET Oddly Enough - Reuters

LONDON (Reuters) - Organizers of a major erotic festival are closing for business in Manchester due to a lack of interest, which they blame on recalcitrant northern English men.

Erotica Manchester opened on Friday, selling a range of sex aids, clothing and footwear, but ticket sales have been poor and organizers say they will not be coming back.

"We've tried to warm this city up for more than two years but northerners just haven't responded in sufficient numbers," said event director Savvas Christodoulou.

"They are happy enough to come to our London event in the autumn but they seem embarrassed about being seen at Erotica Manchester."

Organizers said their research shows northern women wanted to attend the three-day adult show but were "under the thumb of their other halves."

"We thought Manchester was an open minded city but maybe we were wrong," a spokesman for the event told Reuters. "People flock to our show in London but it seems that up here, the traditional northern male still calls the shots."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...britain_sex_dc
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Imagine that, a populace with it's own non-gov't enforced morals.

Now i've seen it all... ;)

Comment

eee, we were so poor we couldn't afford sex, we had to make our own fun, but we were grateful...

picks up shabby mac and leaves.
      before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEMUN
        Organizers said their research shows northern women wanted to attend the three-day adult show but were "under the thumb of their other halves."
        Note to self: Plan next vacation to Manchester.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I wouldn't be caught dead in a sex expo. , i rather have real sex than looking at inmature "costumes and toys" and girls in their twenties showing their body for whatever minimum-wage they receieve.
          Remember, the enemy gate is down- Andrew ¨Ender¨ Wiggin

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Locke
            I wouldn't be caught dead in a sex expo. , i rather have real sex than looking at inmature "costumes and toys" and girls in their twenties showing their body for whatever minimum-wage they receieve.
            Fair enough I suppose
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Locke
              ah, so that's why you are a "professor," so you can look at 20 year old women every day at work? Women that are twice your age.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                ah, so that's why you are a "professor," so you can look at 20 year old women every day at work? Women that are twice your age.

What, i think you misinterpreted me, i said that i wouldn't go to a sex-expo., because i don't like the idea of seeing women in their early twenties walkng half-naked for little money.
                Remember, the enemy gate is down- Andrew ¨Ender¨ Wiggin

Comment

Madchester? Like, up for it Maan?

Our man Bez, like, w'well mad big stilely. Manks e'f still got some of biggest sluts in't north.

So thus one assumes if one can't "have it large" then one must not be sufficiently drunk or compiantly scabrous. So I read in the popular press.

Should this prove useless try Leeds. They are most certainly "easy sluts".
                  Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chap
                    Madchester? Like, up for it Maan?

Our man Bez, like, w'well mad big stilely. Manks e'f still got some of biggest sluts in't north.

So thus one assumes if one can't "have it large" then one must not be sufficiently drunk or compiantly scabrous. So I read in the popular press.

Should this prove useless try Leeds. They are most certainly "easy sluts".

I like your sense of humour....
                    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

leeds is ok, if you like waving a sausage around the albert hall.
                      before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel
                        leeds is ok, if you like waving a sausage around the albert hall.
                        Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?

Seriously, what's with the reputation of girls in Leeds??

Comment

you know the knee high boots some girls wear? well in leeds they're known as 'slag wellies'!

anyone can score in leeds, but mancunian girls are the same, they'll just rob you afterwards!

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                            Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?

Seriously, what's with the reputation of girls in Leeds??
                            FL being balmy all year round means micro skirts are - on the right girl - a blessing from on high. As such I assume you are un-familiar with the term "snatchcicles".
                            Much like an icicle. The rest is pretty much self-explan.
                            Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Women who are not endowed are called "Man -chest- er" in my part of India.

Obviously, it won't be a success!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X