PDA

View Full Version : Lingerie Football League Season Opener

Shek
07 Sep 09,, 22:31
No, seriously.

Lingerie Football Sizzles in Season Opener | NBC Philadelphia (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/Lingerie-Football-League-Sizzles-in-Season-Opener-57564497.html)

dave lukins
07 Sep 09,, 22:53
I bet the men are hoping these games are twice the normal time. When they score a touch down do the take off their top like they do in soccer:)

SnowLeopard
10 Sep 09,, 10:48
We-ll..................if that's what thrills you.

Quite frankly, it reminds me of the Playboy Olympics at the Mansion they did back in the 80's (when Monique St. Pierre was still beautiful). Lots of bikinis and slippery poles. It's fun when you're young, but seems rather boring and pointless when you're older.

Kernow
10 Sep 09,, 22:41
We-ll..................if that's what thrills you.

Quite frankly, it reminds me of the Playboy Olympics at the Mansion they did back in the 80's (when Monique St. Pierre was still beautiful). Lots of bikinis and slippery poles. It's fun when you're young, but seems rather boring and pointless when you're older.

Oh come now 'SNOW', it is never boring, no matter what age you are ;)

Kernow
10 Sep 09,, 23:01
Now I could watch that all day.

Shek
11 Sep 09,, 04:11
Some eye candy to go with the thread

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/87229419.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19375C05EF07E24E8D6347FEC51D25D10BC 284831B75F48EF45

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/87230128.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19375C05EF07E24E8D697945AA36B3D3475 284831B75F48EF45

osage18
11 Sep 09,, 18:34
Hopefully it lasts longer than the ill-fated XFL...

gunnut
21 Sep 09,, 06:25
So this is where this picture came from:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/blurr91/funnies/wf.jpg

Hmmm...they're wearing hockey helmets...

RustyBattleship
21 Sep 09,, 07:32
Hopefully it lasts longer than the ill-fated XFL...

Personally, I liked the XFL very much. True, there was too much hoopla on the sidelines (strip tease dancers in a hot tub, etc.). The cheerleaders were beautiful and their uniforms were modified to fit the bad weather and they still looked gorgeous.

The cameras on the field gave great coverage. Jesse Ventura should have just played it straight though.

What impressed me the most was the stupendous sportsmanship of the players. At the end of one game, one of the players was still on the ground apparently working off some pain. An opposing player stopped and asked him if he needed help.

In the Los Angeles game during a torential rainstorm, a player made a running catch and an opposing player made a running tackle. They both slid in the mud and water under the tarpaulin screen like a twin float seaplane coming in for a landing. They both crawled out laughing like the dickens and slapping each other on the shoulders for their water skiing abilities.

I liked eliminating the almost give-away extra point kick after a touch down. I also liked the elimination of the "safe catch" (Please don't hurt me) and if you caught the ball you had to run with it.

Now THAT is the way football should be played. Unfortunately it's biggest drawback (besides costs of stupid, non-essential hoopla) was the bad weather that year. What Global warming?

Parihaka
21 Sep 09,, 08:18

Dear god, how does the umpire concentrate?

chakos
21 Sep 09,, 10:18
Now THAT is the way football should be played. Unfortunately it's biggest drawback (besides costs of stupid, non-essential hoopla) was the bad weather that year. What Global warming?

You wanna see real football (apart from soccer); Watch either Rugby League or Rugby Union.

NO padding

NO time outs every few minutes/seconds

NO 300 pound gorillas with the fitness level of well... a 300 pound gorilla

and most importantly... Real (and very occasionally fatal) injuries and bone crunching tackles that make you cringe.

Its the closest your gonna get to gladiatorial contests.:cool:

Oh and we Aussies dominate both (but Pari may digress):P

SnowLeopard
21 Sep 09,, 10:29
You wanna see real football (apart from soccer); Watch either Rugby League or Rugby Union.

NO padding

and most importantly... Real (and very occasionally fatal) injuries and bone crunching tackles that make you cringe.

Oh, but where is the fun in all that?

Where's the pressure on the quarterback? Where that little guy is trying to figure out what to do with the football as these mack trucks are barreling in on him to kill him?

Where's the sack?

Where's the clothesline?

Sure, the other may be closer to gladiatorial contest, but where's the fun in watching just plain brutality? If one wanted that, they might as well watch boxing.
("Now, with these painkillers I've given you, you may experience fits of homicidal rage...........but you're a linebacker, who will know the difference?"--Duke at a Redskins Trainer, (w,stte), "Doonesbury")

Parihaka
21 Sep 09,, 12:05
Oh, but where is the fun in all that?

May I introduce you to Christian Cullen, AKA the Paekakariki Express.

vwUpYOuzDjY

Shamus
21 Sep 09,, 15:56
May I introduce you to Christian Cullen, AKA the Paekakariki Express.

vwUpYOuzDjY:eek:Lordy,the Detroit Lions could sure use someone like him at running back.He faked me right out of my shorts just watching the video:redface:.

Shamus
21 Sep 09,, 16:14
So I suppose that this would be considered a G-string tackle instead of a shoe-string tackle???;)

RustyBattleship
21 Sep 09,, 18:43
Dear god, how does the umpire concentrate?

Like many umpires and referees they wear baseball cups (cod pieces) for protection of genetilia from a hard blow.

Only difference in Lingerie football is the official's cod pieces are lined with thumb tacks.

Dreadnought
21 Sep 09,, 18:47
Now thats what I call a football league. Season tickets!:eek::))

Kernow
21 Sep 09,, 23:04

Now what are you looking at to notice the helmets, sad person. :))

Kernow
21 Sep 09,, 23:06

NO padding

A little biased me thinks. Who won the League last year, and what was the score in Wellington at the weekend?????:rolleyes:

gunnut
22 Sep 09,, 00:46
Now what are you looking at to notice the helmets, sad person. :))

I was interested in her mind.:cool:

gunnut
25 Sep 09,, 18:51
Small world. My friend knows a girl playing in this league. I need to meet her. :))

S2
27 Sep 09,, 00:28
"My friend knows a girl playing in this league."

No beastoids on the line. Everything looked...yummy.:))

I can play center in that league and feel real good about it.:cool:

gunnut
28 Sep 09,, 20:24
"My friend knows a girl playing in this league."

No beastoids on the line. Everything looked...yummy.:))

I can play center in that league and feel real good about it.:cool:

I want to be the QB. I'll take snaps and get sacked a lot.:biggrin:

chakos
29 Sep 09,, 06:53
But this does prove what ive always thought...

NFL is a girls sport :biggrin:

*hides*

SnowLeopard
29 Sep 09,, 09:40
I want to be the QB. I'll take snaps and get sacked a lot.:biggrin:
Well, between her and that defensive center, they both look rather impressive and thought provoking in their own interesting ways.

So I suppose that this would be considered a G-string tackle instead of a shoe-string tackle???;)

We-ll, I think this picture rather proves it.........lingerie is much more exciting than plain nudity. Even some kind of covering gives it that little spice of life.

Some thought I was nuts (they would say 'different) when I would take leg warmers to bed years ago. But then again, I remember what one date said afterwards............"You're right, they do make your legs look sexier."

(I think they were they were the golden yellow ones.....but they may have also been the pale ballet pink ones).

gunnut
30 Sep 09,, 02:36
Looks like an exciting game...:biggrin: