Bigfella Gets Ordained!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfella Gets Ordained!!!

Yes folks, you heard right, WAB's very own Bigfella is now officially ordained as a Reverend in the Universal Life Church of Modesto California - one of millions so ordained over the past 50 years. (I got it as a sort of birthday present for myself - turning the big 40 soon ).

You may now refer to me as 'the Rev' (I will also accept 'father' at a pinch ).

So, if required I do weddings, parties, anything...(with the exception of a bris - poor fine motor skills )). Ya just never know when you might need a priest.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Cool.

Do you have to remain celibate?

Will you wear clerical gowns that ll look Shiny Capstar in his Bearskin hat envious?
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
      Cool.

Do you know something we don't know

PS don't tell his kids

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        Do you know something we don't know

PS don't tell his kids

Wouldn't dream of it mate :))
        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Congrats! And what a coincidence - a new priest and already here is a cult looking for Arch-Bishop
          If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
            Cool.

Will you wear clerical gowns that ll look Shiny Capstar in his Bearskin hat envious?
            No need for celibacy, though given the state of my sex life I can guarantee you there are supposedly celibate clergy out there getting more than me.

We are a very flexible church - I can wear full kit if I want, but I prefer to go incognito. Thinking of buying a full set of bishop's gear, just for special occasions. :)):))
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
              Congrats! And what a coincidence - a new priest and already here is a cult looking for Arch-Bishop
              Can I confirm you said 'cult'?

Comment

i see, a nice pointy hat in your future
                Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

Hah. Awesome. I believe my dad is a fellow minister in that denomination. Even did a marriage once, back in the 70s.
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
                    Hah. Awesome. I believe my dad is a fellow minister in that denomination. Even did a marriage once, back in the 70s.

We're everywhere. The Illuminati ain't got nuthin' on us.

Not sure if I'm actually allowed to perform marriages in Australia, but I won't tell if you don't. ;)
                    sigpic

Comment

My heartiest congratulations. My wife is now an ecuminical minister and gives communion to parishiners who cannot go to regular Roman Catholic mass because of age, illness or injuries.

I am very proud of her and very congratulatory to you.

PS: I'm Lutheran. Well, was a Fundamental Baptist for a while, but found it too hard shell.
                      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                        Yes folks, you heard right, WAB's very own Bigfella is now officially ordained as a Reverend in the Universal Life Church of Modesto California - one of millions so ordained over the past 50 years. (I got it as a sort of birthday present for myself - turning the big 40 soon ).

You may now refer to me as 'the Rev' (I will also accept 'father' at a pinch ).

So, if required I do weddings, parties, anything...(with the exception of a bris - poor fine motor skills )). Ya just never know when you might need a priest.
                        Whoa, I would have never thought of that!

You're turning 40?

Congratulations on the ordain...ment. :)) Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                          No need for celibacy, though given the state of my sex life I can guarantee you there are supposedly celibate clergy out there getting more than me.

We are a very flexible church - I can wear full kit if I want, but I prefer to go incognito. Thinking of buying a full set of bishop's gear, just for special occasions. :)):))
                          Most of us at least had a honeymoon before we're castrated.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                            My heartiest congratulations. My wife is now an ecuminical minister and gives communion to parishiners who cannot go to regular Roman Catholic mass because of age, illness or injuries.

I am very proud of her and very congratulatory to you.

PS: I'm Lutheran. Well, was a Fundamental Baptist for a while, but found it too hard shell.

Thanks RB, though I would hesitate to put myself in the same category as your wife. It sounds like she is a committed believer who is putting her faith into action. Worthy of every drop of pride heading her way (and a hat tip from me - not a believer, but respect anyone who does good deeds). Sounds like quite a lady.

My ordination was really a bit of fun. My beliefs, such as they are, tend toward faith that humanity is ultimately capable of anything it can imagine, and that humans are fundamentally good. In personal terms I tend to be a 'do unto others...' type of guy (when I'm not in 'grouch' mode). I figure that if I can be a positive part of the lives of the people I know then that is about the best thing I can do in this world. Not really a coherent religious philosophy, but it'll do.:)

I think my family has taken your religious progression to its logical (or illogical) extreme. Went from Catholic to Presbyterian (talk about frying pans & fires) to Uniting to...nuthin' much.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              Whoa, I would have never thought of that!

You're turning 40?

Congratulations on the ordain...ment. :)) Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Why do I get the impression that gives me WAY too much scope for distinctly un-priestly behaviour.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X