College football begins tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College football begins tonight!

My Army team plays on Saturday. Hopefully, the new coach with a new defensive scheme and a real triple option with option QBs at #1 and #2 on the depth chart will make a difference.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Me, I'm looking for UT to go all the way again this year, like they did in '05 with Vince Young. I also think Colt McCoy, their starting QB, has a better than even chance of pulling the Heisman down this year; last year, he was #2 in the voting, and actually managed a few #1 votes for the trophy. Now, if we can only get Florida to implode . . . . . .
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
      My Army team plays on Saturday. Hopefully, the new coach with a new defensive scheme and a real triple option with option QBs at #1 and #2 on the depth chart will make a difference.
      I hope that Army can run the triple option half as well as Navy...who opens at Ohio State, btw. The triple option is so much fun to watch; especially when run properly. I liked watching Georgia Tech run it last year, I knew it would make it's way into a major conference at some point. I would like to see more major teams pick it up.

For tonight...I think the Gamecocks better get a good start to their season or Spurrier may hang it up...or at least try another job.

I am really hoping for a Boise State victory. I've followed them for years. I hope they can go undefeated this year; so tonight is a must for them.
      America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

My Fighting Illini just got spanked by Mizzou. Hopefully, the Army Team will do better. Kickoff is just around the corner.
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Univ of Wisconsin

Go Badgers!!
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

My Fighting Illini just got spanked by Mizzou. Hopefully, the Army Team will do better. Kickoff is just around the corner.
            Hey can we watch the Army games on AKO?

Did you see Navy almost beat OSU! Whoa!

-Emma Sky

Comment

Originally posted by osage18 View Post
              Hey can we watch the Army games on AKO?

Did you see Navy almost beat OSU! Whoa!
              Not that I'm aware of. CBS has a contract for most of the games. ESPN's GameCast (if you're a non-paying muldoon like me) is slow. For this game, EMU's live stats webpage is the most real time thing I can find: ICS SIDEARM Stats - Football

If you have Sirius, channel 81 is carrying the game.

Comment

Army is 1-0 :)

Of course, not all of our games are against bottom feeders

We'll see how the season progresses.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. CBS has a contract for most of the games. ESPN's GameCast (if you're a non-paying muldoon like me) is slow. For this game, EMU's live stats webpage is the most real time thing I can find: ICS SIDEARM Stats - Football

If you have Sirius, channel 81 is carrying the game.
                  Yeah I ended up listening on Sirius, bouncing back and forth between Army and KSU games. Looks like the new offense fared pretty well, based on the stats. I think Army plays Duke next...historically a garbage team also.

-Emma Sky

Comment

Originally posted by osage18 View Post
                    Yeah I ended up listening on Sirius, bouncing back and forth between Army and KSU games. Looks like the new offense fared pretty well, based on the stats. I think Army plays Duke next...historically a garbage team also.
                    They said the same thing about the Tar Heels football program not that long ago. As my hawks found out, you can't take anyone lightly.
                    Last edited by BenRoethig; 10 Sep 09,, 12:15.
                    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                      Me, I'm looking for UT to go all the way again this year, like they did in '05 with Vince Young. I also think Colt McCoy, their starting QB, has a better than even chance of pulling the Heisman down this year; last year, he was #2 in the voting, and actually managed a few #1 votes for the trophy. Now, if we can only get Florida to implode . . . . . .
                      I would have to agree. I think there's just something prophetic about a guy named Colt McCoy leading Texas.
                      F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Well, my Army team lost this past weekend. Leading for most of the game and then down a touchdown and the 2 minute guy came in and went 2-2 with 2 TDs. Unfortunately, they were both for the opposing team

Comment

My Mounties are 2-0.

Big test this Saturday versus Auburn.
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Badgers

2-0. Tough home win last weekend against Fresno St. Interception in the end-zone during the 2nd overtime sealed the Badger victory. Forty-plus players sick throughout the week prior with the flu.

Play Wofford this weekend. Triple-option attack for 20+ years and picked second in the Southern Conference to App. St. Could be a good game.

Third-string Q.B. came from nowhere to win the starting Q.B. job in Madison and has been utterly outstanding to date.
                            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

UT has been winning big so far; the last two games were won with (on averege) a 35 point difference. Last week's game wasn't pretty, but we pulled it out in the second half, and stomped Wyoming (well, they ARE unranked).

This week we're up against Texas Tech, the only school to beat us (barely) last year (Colt ALMOST pulled it out!), but it's still a 17-point spread in favor of UT; we'll see . . . .
                              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                              X