Back and ready to contribute again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back and ready to contribute again

I have not been very active on the board since my return from Iraq, but look forward being a bit more active. I am on the glide path to retirement in a few short months and I am looking forward to it. On the upside, I have sought out and found gainful civilian employment. I am still not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but it will be fun figuring it out.

Good to see you all again...

Tank
    Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Originally posted by Tankguy View Post
    I have not been very active on the board since my return from Iraq, but look forward being a bit more active. I am on the glide path to retirement in a few short months and I am looking forward to it. On the upside, I have sought out and found gainful civilian employment. I am still not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but it will be fun figuring it out.

Good to see you all again...

Tank
    Glad to see that you are back safe
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Thanks! Good to be back and sand/dust free for a bit...lol

Comment

Welcome back :)

I believe I joined after you, so not familiar with your posts m8, but happy to have someone like you on board, cheers! :)

Comment

Good to see you made it back in one piece;) from one tank guy to another

Comment

Tankguy Reply

Welcome back and congratulations on twenty tough ones with the big green machine.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Welcome back. Stay away from praising Celine Dion or threaten to ship her back to Canada and you'll be OK.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Welcom back from another 4-man target dust eater.
                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Welcome back. Glad that all's gone well. :)
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Cheers all...

Comment

Ever come my way, I got a bottle of Glen Breton waiting for you.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                        Good to see you made it back in one piece;) from one tank guy to another
                        And another ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Ever come my way, I got a bottle of Glen Breton waiting for you.
                          I hope that's the $85 bottle;)

Comment

Reached $100 last month ever since the damned Asians grabbed every bottle of cheap scotch they can get, leaving the expensive stuff ... and the good stuff to the guys who don't know anything about scotch.

Comment

I have reached emergency reserve levels on decent single malt. I have about 1/3 bottle remaining of the 1991 Balvenie, about 1/2 a Glenmorangie, and 1/2 a really nice Aberfeldy. So, time to go shopping.

Let me know if anyone knows where to score the good stuff in DC. Landed a consulting job in Alexandria starting in November. Step 1, get single malts, step 2, use remaining cash to purchase furniture for the 1 BR apartment.

Comment

Working...
                              X