Allowing collapse of North Korea unacceptable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing collapse of North Korea unacceptable

Chinese scholars confirmed yesterday that Beijing had refused the invitation of Washington to take part in discussions about North Korea’s future, saying that allowing the collapse of the regime would be unacceptable.
    The US is reportedly drawing up a broad contingency plan to handle a predicted major power reshuffle in Pyongyang.
    “The US had proposed the idea several times. It has insisted on holding discussions on the issue, while China has insisted on not holding such meetings,” said Zhang Liangui, an expert on North Korea at the Party School of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
    The US has raised the idea of joint talks in several meetings with senior Chinese officials, according to an AP report that also indicated Beijing’s unwillingness to participate in bilateral talks over the issue.
    the whole news:Global Times - Allowing collapse of North Korea unacceptable: experts

Oh, the PLA has a contingency all right

Ex NORTHERN SWORD, 7 Sept, 2006

Comment

The USA tries to position itself as the chief maker of post-communist united Korea.
      It's no wonder that China doesn't want to allow its main rival to broaden its presence in the Chinese near-abroad.

Comment

In all honesty, the U.S. and China should be the ones holding the talks. It should be the nations closer to NK. I.E. China, SK, Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          I loled at that picture. Does that make me a geek?
          HD Ready?

Comment

Why it make you laugh?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post
              The USA tries to position itself as the chief maker of post-communist united Korea.
              It's no wonder that China doesn't want to allow its main rival to broaden its presence in the Chinese near-abroad.
              And what is it, precisely, that the U.S. has done to position itself as the chief maker of a post-communist united Korea? I'm certainly not aware of any steps the US has taken to provide for such an event.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

After the reunification of the Korean Peninsula,give me a excuse that US soliders still are Necessary in South Korea。

Comment

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                  And what is it, precisely, that the U.S. has done to position itself as the chief maker of a post-communist united Korea? I'm certainly not aware of any steps the US has taken to provide for such an event.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
                    Why it make you laugh?
                    Because I'm an unabashed racist who wants all the yellow people to kill each other so my pure white progeny may spread through the world unchallenged.

It's PRC personnel eyeing up a map of Korea, probably with evil cackling grins. Get a grip.
                    HD Ready?

Comment

Because I'm an unabashed racist who wants all the yellow people to kill each other so my pure white progeny may spread through the world unchallenged.
                      If you really have this idea,why not suggest Soviet Union and US killed all the colored race after World War II。

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid

It's PRC personnel eyeing up a map of Korea, probably with evil cackling grins. Get a grip.
                        The guy barely speaks English, is it surprising that he didn't understand why you thought it funny? Heck, I didn't really get what you were laughing about at first. Lighten up a little. ;)
                        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

After the reunification of the Korean Peninsula,give me a excuse that US soliders still are Necessary in South Korea。
                          A majority of South Koreans (71% in 2006) want us to remain, and both the US and South Korean governments deem it favorable for US forces to remain. Furthermore even in the eventuality of a Korean unification, a US presence would provide a counterweight to Chinese attempts at regional hegemony.

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                            Yeah it does.

To stop a war between Korea and Japan.

Comment

An excuse?

How about pretty much every action taken by the DPRK since June 25, 1950?

That's nearly 60 years of "excuses"

Or is that not enough?
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X