What‘s the meaning of South China Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What‘s the meaning of South China Sea

I’m really hurt badly by my poor English。Yesterday,when I write a post to look for more information about south China sea dispute,I translate south China sea to “南中国海”,I‘m not aware of that I've made a big mistakes。In China,the meaning of it is “中国南海”,but both these two Chinese sentence is translate to South China Sea by google。The difference between them is that “中国南海”we use in China means the sea is belonged to China.,the other don't have this meaning.So my post get Criticism 。One guy even say I'll be killed if I'm a navy because of it。He use a interjection word to express his disappointed to me。I'm very Guilt because I have hurt a Respectable man who Love the motherland 。But am I not love my motherland ?I‘m shocked when I find some points is so different from my common sense 。I have to find excuse to argue to others because many points is not thought is worth to talking about in China。One problem,but it's so different of the point of it between China and other nations。Do we Chinese is also too Closed now?I really feel doubt and Aggrieved about it。
    Last edited by Luke Gu; 13 Aug 09,, 06:44.

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
    I’m really hurt badly by my poor English。Yesterday,when I write a post to look for more information about south China sea dispute,I translate south China sea to “南中国海”,I‘m not aware of that I've made a big mistakes。In China,the meaning of it is “中国南海”,but both these two Chinese sentence is translate to South China Sea by google。The difference between them is that “中国南海”we use in China means the sea is belonged to China.,the other don't have this meaning.So my post get Criticism 。One guy even say I'll be killed if I'm a navy because of it。He use a interjection word to express his disappointed to me。I'm very Guilt because I have hurt a Respectable man who Love the motherland 。But am I not love my motherland ?I‘m shocked when I find some points is so different from my common sense 。I have to find excuse to argue to others because many points is not thought is worth to talking about in China。One problem,but it's so different of the point of it between China and other nations。Do we Chinese is also too Closed now?I really feel doubt and Aggrieved about it。
    Maybe using "in the Sea of South China" 在中国南方的海洋 ???would be better. If in doubt ask our Chinese WABbers for advice BEFORE you post anything that maybe a little sensitive to others;) And stop worrying about your english, it's fine to most of us.

Comment

Working...
    X