PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to worldaffairsboard's administrators

deng
07 Aug 09,, 07:43
India as second populous country with largest English speaking group,largest democracy with rapid economic growth.India deserve a subforum for it.China has it "china rise",why India don't have one?

Tarek Morgen
07 Aug 09,, 08:23
how about a subforum for alle the BRIC countries instead of single ones?

VietPhuong
07 Aug 09,, 08:36
India as second populous country with largest English speaking group,largest democracy with rapid economic growth.India deserve a subforum for it.China has it "china rise",why India don't have one?

This is not an economic forum. Please answer: is there and will there be a "rise of India" in world politics? China has a subforum not because people want to honor her rise but more because we like to spend time to watch her moves closely. ;)

deng
07 Aug 09,, 08:49
This is not an economic forum. Please answer: is there and will there be a "rise of India" in world politics?
Yes,of course.India get it's nuke submarine.It's the first one beside UN Security Council permanent members.

ace16807
07 Aug 09,, 08:53
Yes,of course.India get it's nuke submarine.It's the first one beside UN Security Council permanent members.

And this relates directly with world politics...how?

I agree with Tarek. If another subforum is to be made, make it a BRIC subforum.

VietPhuong
07 Aug 09,, 09:12
Yes,of course.
Then I hope you can provide more proofs than a couple of long range attack submarines which are built to deal with whom everybody knows who. If you could, I think you would even suprise the Indians. ;)

Bigfella
07 Aug 09,, 09:21
The mods will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we used to have an India/Pakistan subforum.

As I recall it tended to be home to a lot of heated fanboi-style 'who has the biggest' arguments. Eventually one of these tipped over into an internet attack that shut down the site for a few days. Thereafter the forum was shut down. I keep half expecting something similar from China-based users one day, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

Parihaka
07 Aug 09,, 12:10
The mods will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we used to have an India/Pakistan subforum.

As I recall it tended to be home to a lot of heated fanboi-style 'who has the biggest' arguments. Eventually one of these tipped over into an internet attack that shut down the site for a few days. Thereafter the forum was shut down. I keep half expecting something similar from China-based users one day, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

That's the long and short of it.

JAD_333
07 Aug 09,, 15:18

Forum structure is always under review. See how you feel after a few hundred posts. If you can make a case on the basis of interest for such a forum, the mods will consider it. We appreciate your interest in improving the WAB.

How's that for a bureaucratic reply.:)

Bigfella
07 Aug 09,, 15:36
Forum structure is always under review. See how you feel after a few hundred posts. If you can make a case on the basis of interest for such a forum, the mods will consider it. We appreciate your interest in improving the WAB.

How's that for a bureaucratic reply.:)

Good to see those years of training in the dark arts haven't gone to waste. :))

Shamus
07 Aug 09,, 15:56

How's that for a bureaucratic reply.:)Perfect:rolleyes::biggrin:

Luke Gu
12 Aug 09,, 08:02
.China has it "china rise",why India don't have one?
I think you should know if there is one guy will spend time on India just like xinhui has done on China.

nirmal
13 Aug 09,, 15:43
In India, there is a story of a baby elephant tied by a rope. The baby elephant tries to break the rope but it cant. By and by, it grows up. Now an adult, it still thinks it cant break the rope and doesnt even try. The rope is now in the mind, and it is stronger that the rope outside.
The relevance?
No one is interested in knowing about an elephant, half asleep, chewing a coconut leaf, busy scratching itself. Hence no security council seat, or a separate subforum!! which is not a bad thing, I think.
When and if the elephant breaks the rope and wanders on to the market place, everyone gets anxious and tense, and try to tie it down as quickly as possible - even if it means no harm. Sometimes attention is not a good thing - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ArmchairGeneral
13 Aug 09,, 16:03
I'm getting this strange craving for butter cookies...

ambidex
13 Aug 09,, 16:06

Charity begins at home.
If Jawaharlal Nehru can refuse to permanent seat in Security council and thus china can have Instead. why not chines members in admin can start a sub forum here for India.

nebula82
25 Aug 09,, 15:46

It was called the South Asian Forum if I remember correctly.

As I recall it tended to be home to a lot of heated fanboi-style 'who has the biggest' arguments. Eventually one of these tipped over into an internet attack that shut down the site for a few days. Thereafter the forum was shut down.

That's exactly what happened.

But amongst all the immaturity & insults there were many posts from people who knew what they were talking about, such that it made the forum very much worth visiting.

I keep half expecting something similar from China-based users one day, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

Yes, hopefully it doesn't, or else the site could be down for a lot longer than a few days...

Nebula82.

xinhui
25 Aug 09,, 22:44
I keep half expecting something similar from China-based users one day, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

Notice the China forum is more "news focused" Don't want to repeat the same mistake again.

It seems that people will react fast to a one-liner, but when it comes to an entire article from thank-tanks and respected sources, they actually have to spend time reading it first.

omon
25 Aug 09,, 23:01
more smilies,