Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Chelsea Accept Livestock Dowry Offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Chelsea Accept Livestock Dowry Offer?

Should Chelsea accept this kind offer of livestock dowry from a Kenyan man?

Livestock dowry up to Chelsea, Clinton says
    3 hrs ago [AP] NAIROBI, Kenya — A Kenyan man's offer of 40 goats and 20 cows for Chelsea Clinton's hand in marriage may still be on the table — and Hillary Rodham Clinton has promised to convey the "very kind offer" to her daughter.

To laughter at a town hall meeting Thursday in Kenya, CNN's Fareed Zakaria asked the U.S. Secretary of State if the Clintons had made a decision on the dowry offer. In 2000, a Kenyan man wrote to then-president Bill Clinton offering the animals in accordance with African tradition.

After a pause, Clinton said, "My daughter is her own person, very independent, so I will convey this very kind offer." ....

Sure, why not? Their kid could grow up to be president.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      Their kid could grow up to be president.
      It is not impossible, of course. But he, or she, has to be born in American soil.
      Last edited by Merlin; 07 Aug 09,, 10:36.

Comment

40 goats and 20 cows seems a bit mean. Now 40 cows and 20 goats now thats a bargain.;) As this offer was in 2000 and the interest rate in Kenya is x=d(ax2)^*p(v)2((bx*a2*))G/c2dx/ax2*g*xc=....Not bad not bad...She's now worth 41 goats and 21 cows... go for it girl!!!:)):))

Comment

I would like some goats and cows but don't want to have to get married for them
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            I would like some goats and cows but don't want to have to get married for them
            Debbie dearheart, there is not enough livestock in Kenya to woo your fair heart:)

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
              It is not impossible, of course. But he, or she, has to be born in American soil.
              Sir, I think you missed my half-ass attempt at a joke. ;)

Or I missed your sarcasm...
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Gunnut, all the comments in this thread are serious. Like the livestock dowry offer and Hiliary's reply, none are intended to be a joke.

(But is my comment above a joke?) :):)

Comment

I can beat that offer.

The Free People's Republic of Patonia needs a First Lady, seriously, don't mess this up for me... A queen in her own country? How could she miss? Miss C & me could have quite a country, you think she'd up and speak about my fourth world status and how I wouldn't try any funny things. Backyard nuclear reactor, just for energy mind you.

I always thought she was hot. Ouch!

Comment

Working...
                  X