PDA

View Full Version : Life on Mars?

barrowaj
30 Mar 05,, 05:03
There is a lot of data that suggests life existed, and may still exist on Mars. Here is an interesting article from the NYTimes on the topic:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/29/science/space/29mars.html?8hpib

Do you believe that there is life on Mars?

Jeremy
30 Mar 05,, 06:05
For sure there was life on Mars at one time. Mar's has an atmosphere capable of substaining some type of life forms. The government won't tell the people about all of the findings of contact with aliens either.

dalem
30 Mar 05,, 08:25
I believe that we will eventually find evidence of SOME kind of life on Mars. Probably very primitive. Probably long extinct.

Water, a bit of an atmosphere, relatively close to the sun, some active vulcanism in the past...

It would just be wrong if that didn't yield some kind of life pretty early on like here on good old Earth. :)

-dale

Jeremy
30 Mar 05,, 12:58
The sky is the limit concerning outerspace. I'm sure there are aliens, new plants, & all kinds of lifeforms.

Prosto ILya
30 Mar 05,, 13:19
Life on Mars…
Reminds me of short story "The Last Weapon" by Robert Sheckley …
About three humans, ancient Martian weapon container and absolute weapon…

Confed999
30 Mar 05,, 19:03
Anything is possible. There could be life on Jupiter...

Parihaka
30 Mar 05,, 19:32
Anything is possible. There could be life on Jupiter...
Or even Titan maybe....

Confed999
30 Mar 05,, 19:37
Or even Titan maybe....
Anywhere really. "It's life Jim, but not as we know it..." - Bones

Veni Vidi Vici
31 Mar 05,, 01:16

Not anymore, all the men came here. :biggrin:

bonehead
31 Mar 05,, 02:17

Yeah. Venus has been rather desolate after all the women left. (uglier too) Earth must have been the first big compromise between the sexes. Maybe there is hope for us yet.

Jeremy
31 Mar 05,, 07:13
Men are from Mars, Women from Venus. I haven't read that book, has anybody else?

Julie
01 Apr 05,, 18:04
Men are from Mars, Women from Venus. I haven't read that book, has anybody else?I think Office of Engineers said he did...for entertainment. :biggrin:

TopHatter
01 Apr 05,, 19:36
Yeah. Venus has been rather desolate after all the women left. (uglier too) Earth must have been the first big compromise between the sexes. Maybe there is hope for us yet.

Yeah well, when I become Ruler Of The Earth, I am going to gather all of the women on the planet to one place and ship them back to Venus on a one-way ticket.

Naturally, I'll be along for the ride...

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 20:07
Naturally, I'll be along for the ride...

Hey, if you want to go to Hell, I've a sister-in-law I could introduce you to.

The Chap
02 Apr 05,, 08:10
Probably was, may well be still. Look at the internet. :biggrin:

TopHatter
02 Apr 05,, 23:09
Hey, if you want to go to Hell, I've a sister-in-law I could introduce you to.

Really? Got a picture? :biggrin:

Confed999
02 Apr 05,, 23:40
Really? Got a picture? :biggrin:
And if he's not interested I am. ;)

Jeremy
03 Apr 05,, 00:27
Can somebody please post a picture of this lovely lady, would like to thrown my name in the ring.

TopHatter
03 Apr 05,, 00:29
Sounds like the Colonel has many options for disposing of his sister in law :biggrin:

Confed999
03 Apr 05,, 00:31
Sounds like the Colonel has many options for disposing of his sister in law :biggrin:
Doesn't sound like many of us are afraid of Hell either. ;)

TopHatter
03 Apr 05,, 00:37
Doesn't sound like many of us are afraid of Hell either. ;)

Nope, not in this case :)

Although, I'm hoping she's more MILF than coyote ugly :biggrin:

Jeremy
03 Apr 05,, 00:53
Is this going to be like Bacholette?

Confed999
03 Apr 05,, 00:57
Is this going to be like Bacholette?
If it is, how much $$$ is involved? :cool:

TopHatter
03 Apr 05,, 01:00
If it is, how much $$$ is involved? :cool:

We men are such pigs....
And I have only one thing to say about that.... Oink..oink..oink

Jeremy
03 Apr 05,, 01:02
I love reality television. The Bacholor is better than the Bacholette, because there are more women on the Bacholor.

Confed999
03 Apr 05,, 01:19
We men are such pigs....
And I have only one thing to say about that.... Oink..oink..oink
If I'm going to be on reality TV, I want $$$ to look stupid.

Julie
03 Apr 05,, 01:51
If I'm going to be on reality TV, I want $$$ to look stupid.Too late. :biggrin:

Jeremy
03 Apr 05,, 01:58
I loved to see a Bacholor show for Bacholors.

Confed999
03 Apr 05,, 02:31
Too late. :biggrin:
I'm on reality TV, or I'm stupid, or both? :eek:

Julie
03 Apr 05,, 12:53
Wanting to take up offer on the "sister in law" from Hell? Not wise sweetie. ;) I have a single sister-in-law from Hell that I wouldn't wish on anybody. :biggrin:

Jeremy
03 Apr 05,, 16:01
One of my cousins is like that too, a real hellraiser. She was married & got divorced a few years later. She was way out of control. Today is different, she realized she was gay & has found a partner.

Julie
03 Apr 05,, 16:18
Well, my sister in-law is by no means gay, she was married once and had a child long ago. She has dated, but lucky to have two dates with the same guy...LOL. Most people calm with age, she worsened with age. She doesn't do drugs or anything, just a real negative personality. I can't stand to be in the room with her for more than 30 minutes. Let's just say she ISN'T marriage material.

TopHatter
03 Apr 05,, 18:20
Well, my sister in-law is by no means gay, she was married once and had a child long ago. She has dated, but lucky to have two dates with the same guy...LOL. Most people calm with age, she worsened with age. She doesn't do drugs or anything, just a real negative personality. I can't stand to be in the room with her for more than 30 minutes. Let's just say she ISN'T marriage material.

Yeah OK whatever. How about a picture? :biggrin:

Veni Vidi Vici
03 Apr 05,, 18:26
Wanting to take up offer on the "sister in law" from Hell? Not wise sweetie. ;) I have a single sister-in-law from Hell that I wouldn't wish on anybody. :biggrin:

I have a sister from hell..... Still trying to figure out if we grew up in the same house or not. :biggrin:

TopHatter
03 Apr 05,, 18:27
I have a sister from hell..... Still trying to figure out if we grew up in the same house or not. :biggrin:

Uh-huh, no problem. How about a picture? :biggrin:

Julie
03 Apr 05,, 19:34
I have a sister from hell..... Still trying to figure out if we grew up in the same house or not. :biggrin:Oh, I have one of those....thank God she lives in Macon 4 hours away. I have always called her the "milk man" baby. lol. :biggrin:

Confed999
03 Apr 05,, 20:20
Wanting to take up offer on the "sister in law" from Hell? Not wise sweetie. ;)
I'm not looking for perfection, just compatability. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not the most laid back fella in the world, I need an a** kicker to keep me in line. ;)

Julie
03 Apr 05,, 20:50
I'm not looking for perfection, just compatability. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not the most laid back fella in the world, I need an a** kicker to keep me in line. ;)Understandable. However, do keep in mind that there are some women who are INCOMPATIBLE with anything, and those are usually the ones from hell. Take my word for it, I am a woman, and I've seen them, they do exist. :biggrin:

Confed999
03 Apr 05,, 20:53
Take my word for it, I am a woman, and I've seen them, they do exist. :biggrin:
I believe you! I've seen them too! Married one! Wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

barrowaj
03 Apr 05,, 21:07
*Simpson's comic book guy voice* Fastest digression from original topic, ever.

Julie
03 Apr 05,, 21:39
*Simpson's comic book guy voice* Fastest digression from original topic, ever.LOL...this is the thread "Life on Mars." Since there is supposedly no life on Mars yet to be found, we are making it up as we go along. :biggrin:

Avenger
03 Apr 05,, 22:02
There is a lot of data that suggests life existed, and may still exist on Mars. Here is an interesting article from the NYTimes on the topic:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/29/science/space/29mars.html?8hpib

The question is, Is there intelligent life on Earth?

But seriously, life is a natural phenomenon. I'm convinced that it pervades our galaxy and the universe generally, wherever conditions permit, and that it has the same bio-chemical basis everywhere if occurs. And yes, I do think we will eventually discover primordial life, at least, elsewhere in our own solar system--possibly on Mars, or on that watery moon of Jupiter, etc.

(I also believe there's a real likelihood that intelligent aliens crash-landed at Roswell, but that's sort of a different story.)

Avenger
03 Apr 05,, 22:05
Uh-huh, no problem. How about a picture? :biggrin:

"

smilingassassin
04 Apr 05,, 08:33

Ha ha ha!...and Venus was once inhabited by sexy green skined women who migrated to this planet lost the green colour! Well maybe not....

As for life on Mars I think there was at one point, thats where the Ark came from, its where the great flood occured and its likely where we get all our myths like Atlantis and Mu. In the Mahabharata ( http://web.utk.edu/~jftzgrld/MBh1Home.html ) is a story about a war between the Azvin and Rama empires and it depicts a battle around the moon by two ships.

Amled
01 Jun 05,, 01:39
Myself I always thought that if life was to be found up there it would have be (or have been!) at the bottom of some of those enomorus crevices that dot the surface of Mars. Some of them are estimated to be a couple of miles deep. Wouldn't the increased air pressure at those depths be more conductive to life then on the surface?