Life on Mars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life on Mars?

There is a lot of data that suggests life existed, and may still exist on Mars. Here is an interesting article from the NYTimes on the topic:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/29/sc...ars.html?8hpib

Do you believe that there is life on Mars?
    has never existed on Mars
    16.13%
    existed at one point
    70.97%
    exists to this day
    12.90%

For sure there was life on Mars at one time. Mar's has an atmosphere capable of substaining some type of life forms. The government won't tell the people about all of the findings of contact with aliens either.

Comment

I believe that we will eventually find evidence of SOME kind of life on Mars. Probably very primitive. Probably long extinct.

Water, a bit of an atmosphere, relatively close to the sun, some active vulcanism in the past...

It would just be wrong if that didn't yield some kind of life pretty early on like here on good old Earth. :)

-dale

Comment

The sky is the limit concerning outerspace. I'm sure there are aliens, new plants, & all kinds of lifeforms.

Comment

Life on Mars…
          Reminds me of short story "The Last Weapon" by Robert Sheckley …
          About three humans, ancient Martian weapon container and absolute weapon…
          Last edited by Prosto ILya; 30 Mar 05,, 13:27.

Comment

Anything is possible. There could be life on Jupiter...
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
              Anything is possible. There could be life on Jupiter...
              Or even Titan maybe....
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                Or even Titan maybe....
                Anywhere really. "It's life Jim, but not as we know it..." - Bones
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                  Do you believe that there is life on Mars?
                  Not anymore, all the men came here.
                  "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Veni Vidi Vici
                    Not anymore, all the men came here.

Yeah. Venus has been rather desolate after all the women left. (uglier too) Earth must have been the first big compromise between the sexes. Maybe there is hope for us yet.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Men are from Mars, Women from Venus. I haven't read that book, has anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                        Men are from Mars, Women from Venus. I haven't read that book, has anybody else?
                        I think Office of Engineers said he did...for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                          Yeah. Venus has been rather desolate after all the women left. (uglier too) Earth must have been the first big compromise between the sexes. Maybe there is hope for us yet.
                          Yeah well, when I become Ruler Of The Earth, I am going to gather all of the women on the planet to one place and ship them back to Venus on a one-way ticket.

Naturally, I'll be along for the ride...
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                            Naturally, I'll be along for the ride...
                            Hey, if you want to go to Hell, I've a sister-in-law I could introduce you to.

Comment

Probably was, may well be still. Look at the internet.
                              Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Working...
                              X