PDA

View Full Version : What a powerful China (2)

yookoo
30 Mar 05,, 03:53
This was China 6 years ago. We do not know what they will be now.no kidding.

October 1, 1999. Beijing, China 50th Anniversary of People's Republic of China parage in Tienanmen Square in Beijing, China.

yookoo
30 Mar 05,, 04:20
the picture about China 50th Anniversary

ZFBoxcar
30 Mar 05,, 04:47
Seeing as we have at least 1 China expert here, and almost all the other members have at least a basic competence on the broader strategic picture (possibly developed on WAB), you cannot overawe us with pictures. We are well aware of the PLA's many many weaknesses.

Ray
30 Mar 05,, 04:57
Yookoo.

Do they also sing Revolutionary Songs like 'We shall sow and burst the granary with ears of corn', as they march along?

Officer of Engineers
30 Mar 05,, 06:02
you cannot overawe us with pictures.

Well, I am awed. Say what you will about PLA's limitations but damned, that was a pretty parade.

yookoo
30 Mar 05,, 06:10
well

ZFBoxcar
30 Mar 05,, 06:20
Well, I am awed. Say what you will about PLA's limitations but damned, that was a pretty parade.

Yes, lots of nice colourful uniforms. But seriously yes, the PLA is not bad, I just don't like this kind of thread. Its seems like a pointless national ego building excercise.

Officer of Engineers
30 Mar 05,, 06:56
Yes, lots of nice colourful uniforms. But seriously yes, the PLA is not bad, I just don't like this kind of thread. Its seems like a pointless national ego building excercise.

I actually meant, damned, it's a PRETTY parade.

Ahem **** Confed, you around?

lemontree
30 Mar 05,, 07:08
I actually meant, damned, it's a PRETTY parade.

Ahem **** Confed, you around?
Sir,
They should replace the boots with high heels(the red skirted marching girls). It would do justice to those lovely legs. ;)

Officer of Engineers
30 Mar 05,, 07:22
Sir,
They should replace the boots with high heels(the red skirted marching girls). It would do justice to those lovely legs. ;)

Well, would what these twins are wearing more to your liking?

People, this is a strictly professional military eval!

lemontree
30 Mar 05,, 07:41
Colonel sir,
That was much better. Whats the point of a skirt if the legs are hidden by boots!

Samudra
30 Mar 05,, 08:03
Wait till VVV reads that :biggrin:

lemontree
30 Mar 05,, 08:42
Wait till VVV reads that :biggrin:
What else are mini skirts mean't for? :biggrin:

platinum786
30 Mar 05,, 13:27
quicker access bro.......lol

Seriously though, PLA are an incredible fighting force, they have done enought o ensure nobody attacks China ever again. Taking over China would mean for any adversary mutaually assured destruction.

More importantly, with no China, the world economy would probably collapse.....imaigne all your made in china stuff made in America, with mimimum wage......profits would D R O P.

bull
30 Mar 05,, 13:34
quicker access bro.......lol

Seriously though, PLA are an incredible fighting force, they have done enought o ensure nobody attacks China ever again. Taking over China would mean for any adversary mutaually assured destruction.

More importantly, with no China, the world economy would probably collapse.....imaigne all your made in china stuff made in America, with mimimum wage......profits would D R O P.

Arent you tired hoisting the chineese flag my pak bro,at times take time to raise the pakistani flag also!!! :biggrin:
And do you know that chineese currency is still pegged!!!

lemontree
30 Mar 05,, 14:30
What does that mean?

Jay
30 Mar 05,, 14:38
well Chinese currency is pegged to the Dollar...to make Chinese exports attractive, and to make sure that Yuan is not fully convertible so it stays with in China.

1 $ is around 8 Yuans.

US/Western countries may be dependant on China in short term, but OTOH China cannot live with out the US/EU. If its not China, there are other South Asian countries incld Pakistan that can lead that role with little or no American help. So even though China is an important member n World trading and economies, it still cannot dictate their terms as they are overly relaint on western nations, and this will apply to any developing country incld India.

Samudra
30 Mar 05,, 14:48
Jay

Welcome back man , where have you been all these days ?

bull
30 Mar 05,, 15:04
well Chinese currency is pegged to the Dollar...to make Chinese exports attractive, and to make sure that Yuan is not fully convertible so it stays with in China.

1 $ is around 8 Yuans.

US/Western countries may be dependant on China in short term, but OTOH China cannot live with out the US/EU. If its not China, there are other South Asian countries incld Pakistan that can lead that role with little or no American help. So even though China is an important member n World trading and economies, it still cannot dictate their terms as they are overly relaint on western nations, and this will apply to any developing country incld India.

thats what i said,the curreny is pegged to make the goods artifitially attractive with time china would be under pressure to de peg and with that there will be a major shake out.A lot of the forex money thats being pumped into the ailing chineese banks will have to be used for open market transaction to hold chineese yuang at a attractive level.

there is no beating china ,they are supposed to lead india by the same margin as it is now.The only thing that can crash the chineese bandwagon is the banking system and democratic upheaval,otherwise there is no stopping them

Officer of Engineers
31 Mar 05,, 05:27
Seriously though, PLA are an incredible fighting force,

By whose account? Certainly, not the Vietnamese in 79 and not the former USSR

they have done enought o ensure nobody attacks China ever again.

That's bull and a half. Al Qeida is waging a war in Xinjiang right now and the Soviets collapsed, not the Chinese were that good.

Taking over China would mean for any adversary mutaually assured destruction.

The best the Chinese can do (and it seems that's all they want to do) is to make life miserable (but not intolerable) for the two powers that can destroy China.

Have you lost your job yet?

lemontree
31 Mar 05,, 06:30
Jay/bull,
Thats for that explaination.

bull
31 Mar 05,, 12:43
Jay/bull,
Thats for that explaination.
Was waiting for a long time wondering if there was anything which you and ray didnt know regarding military and security issues. :biggrin:

FlyingCaddy
01 Apr 05,, 00:14
Yeah Im awed....

at how much cannon Fodder the PLA can produce and how god awful ugly those women are. If ever there was a face for radio the PLA found them in spades.

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 01:15
Yeah Im awed....

at how much cannon Fodder the PLA can produce

Big time misconception. The PLA was never a believer in cannon fodder. Though they are alot more casualty tolerant than us, even they could not hope to match manpower against firepower.

Their history of "human waves" against US Forces, especially in Korea, was bored out of ignorance. American usage of the M1 was so effective that the PVA believed that they were facing a battalion when they were only facing a company and thus massed the 6-7 superiority called for by doctrine against a battalion.

and how god awful ugly those women are. If ever there was a face for radio the PLA found them in spades.

The women in red are militia. The twins are army and from the PLA sites, the twins are married to PLA officers. Needless to say that there are men who found them attractive somehow.

Jay
01 Apr 05,, 14:00
Jay

Welcome back man , where have you been all these days ?

Well, I'm in Rome right now, been a bit busy lately, so can tmake many posts :)

so whats happening with you ??

Jay
01 Apr 05,, 14:18
A lot of the forex money thats being pumped into the ailing chineese banks will have to be used for open market transaction to hold chineese yuang at a attractive level.
Actually, they are already buying enormous amounts of US treasy bonds for instance to stabilize (peg) yuan. So its not new to them.

there is no beating china ,they are supposed to lead india by the same margin as it is now.
well thats not true. There are a number of things that can go wrong. Like for eg, oversupply of money can increase their inflation, over heating of their property market etc etc.

The only thing that can crash the chineese bandwagon is the banking system and democratic upheaval,otherwise there is no stopping them
As I said, there are lot more things the Chinese shud be really careful about. Though the Central planners are aware of this and taking steps to minimize the risk, there is very good possibility that the local administrations may hide some of this problem, which can lead to a catastrophy.

platinum786
01 Apr 05,, 15:34
Arent you tired hoisting the chineese flag my pak bro,at times take time to raise the pakistani flag also!!! :biggrin:

So by stating facts i'm flying the flag of China.

-China is the worlds 4th largest economy.

-If the UK economy collapsed the world would have finiancial trouble, we're at number 5.

- If the chinese on did, do you think thier would be no after affect?

Now tell me, aren't you tired of tippie toeing to try and get your flag higher than ours, sepite being a country 7 times larger than us?

platinum786
01 Apr 05,, 15:48
By whose account? Certainly, not the Vietnamese in 79 and not the former USSR

That's bull and a half. Al Qeida is waging a war in Xinjiang right now and the Soviets collapsed, not the Chinese were that good.

The best the Chinese can do (and it seems that's all they want to do) is to make life miserable (but not intolerable) for the two powers that can destroy China.

Have you lost your job yet?

[1] Todays date is the 1st of April 2005, 1979 was 26 years ago. Today the PLA is capable of taking care of itself. If it wasn't you'd have threatened it by now after it's taiwan bill, or the Japanese might have had started squirming again. However more to the point, nobody will ever attack it again, why because it is a nuclear power with a huge nuclear arsenal capable of ensuring mutual destruction to any enemy anywhere in the world.

[2] China is uncapable of looking after itself? It's losing to Al Queda? Tell me, when was the last terror attack in China? After that take the time to tell me where exactly you are winning against Al Queda.

- Kabul aside Afghanistan is still unstable
- In Iraq Zarkawi is still alive and the insurgency continues nearly 2 years after end of military pertions as declared proudly by your COAS, Dubya.
- Iran is still making nuclear weapons/fuel/goldfish bowls
- Osama Bin Laden is still not recovered
- Since 9-11 terrrist attacks around the world ahve continued unabated.
- The lebanese government has quit, Hizbollah is marching around as a political entity....

i mean tell me where you won, what exactly have you done that is of any use?
You've opened pandora's box, you've put all of our lives in increasing danger with your stupid hot headed approach, you have negleted the war on terror for the war on oil prices.

Now the 2 powers that can destroy China.....Russia and Amreeka i assume...you do realise that both of you can be equally destroyed by chinese nukes right? Now i think that's enough, i mean not every nation in the world has conquest on it's mind.

AS for my job, yes indeed i have a job, i am also studying to get a better job when i grow up. The chinese cannot take my job as trying to sell double cglazing using cold calling in a foreign accent is a recipy for disaster.

Jay
01 Apr 05,, 17:15
Now tell me, aren't you tired of tippie toeing to try and get your flag higher than ours, sepite being a country 7 times larger than us?

-If the UK economy collapsed the world would have finiancial trouble, we're at number 5.

So can you tell me who really this "us" means?? I reckon that India is more than 7 times the size of UK. and when did Indian tippie toead their flags higher than UK :biggrin: Had too much to drink last night or too confused with your nationality :tongue: :tongue:

Julie
01 Apr 05,, 18:35
Wait till VVV reads that :biggrin:ooooh, I'm telling her. Yall know how OoE is attracted to these PLA threads, and you get him in here and ambush him with pictures of these women, and cloud his thinking on the real issues. Yall are bad, bad boys, the lot of ya! :biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 19:28
[1] Todays date is the 1st of April 2005, 1979 was 26 years ago. Today the PLA is capable of taking care of itself.

Noi, it isn't. It is still deficent in air denial, let alone air supremacy, and long range indirect fire. It's a brown water navy with delusions of a blue water navy.

If it wasn't you'd have threatened it by now after it's taiwan bill, or the Japanese might have had started squirming again.

Get over yourself.

A B1 Wing deployed to Deigo Garcia
The USN mass CVBG exercise
Continued EP-3 surveillence
The JSDMF extension to include Taiwan

What is China's response? A piece of paper saying they will take TW.

However more to the point, nobody will ever attack it again, why because it is a nuclear power with a huge nuclear arsenal capable of ensuring mutual destruction to any enemy anywhere in the world.

Not with 24 ICBMs they can't. The Chinese nuclear arsenal is extremely small (and insufficent to cause even civil collapse outside of Asia.

[2] China is uncapable of looking after itself? It's losing to Al Queda? Tell me, when was the last terror attack in China? After that take the time to tell me where exactly you are winning against Al Queda.

Get over yourself again. There are people with the balls to attack China. Al Qeida proved it.

i mean tell me where you won, what exactly have you done that is of any use?
You've opened pandora's box, you've put all of our lives in increasing danger with your stupid hot headed approach, you have negleted the war on terror for the war on oil prices.

Give me a freaking break! The world is a hell of alot safer today than it was 20 years ago.

Now the 2 powers that can destroy China.....Russia and Amreeka i assume...you do realise that both of you can be equally destroyed by chinese nukes right?

No, they cannot. Your knowledge of Chinese nuclear strength is based upon a comic book. They only way the Chinese can destroy both the US and Russia is to gather all her nukes in one place and explode them simultaneously causing a massive shock wave and dust and then hopefully freeze the world together.

AS for my job, yes indeed i have a job, i am also studying to get a better job when i grow up. The chinese cannot take my job as trying to sell double cglazing using cold calling in a foreign accent is a recipy for disaster.

Does your job depend on China? If not, you're over-estimating Chinese economic impact.

FlyingCaddy
01 Apr 05,, 19:35
Big time misconception. Though they are alot more casualty tolerant than us...
IF ever there was a PC way to call infantry Cannon Fodder you just said it, I mean General Hague didnt see his men as fodder, no, he just was more casuality tolerant than his men.

The women in red are militia. The twins are army and from the PLA sites, the twins are married to PLA officers. Needless to say that there are men who found them attractive somehow.
I can name a thousand factors beyond attractiveness in physical sense in why a man would marry a woman. Further I was refering to the Red Militia, nonetheless, given the right circumstances I guess even I would marry one of them.

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 19:37
I can name a thousand factors beyond attractiveness in physical sense in why a man would marry a woman.

Really? Even including physical attraction, I can't think of one.

Admin: is there anyway to hide this response so that I will never read it again (ie, my wife will never see it?)

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 19:40
IF ever there was a PC way to call infantry Cannon Fodder you just said it, I mean General Hague didnt see his men as fodder, no, he just was more casuality tolerant than his men.

I think you've misunderstood. They can tolerate up to 50% unit loss before that unit becomes combat ineffective. We can tolerate up to 25%. It's not so much that they're more willing to die or we're any less willing to die but the fact that their Command and Control systems are much higher up than ours and hence, they do not need as many resources as we do at the lower levels.

The case of having one good general instead of a 1000 good sergeants. You can tolerate the lost of the sergeants alot more than you could the general.

platinum786
01 Apr 05,, 22:15
So can you tell me who really this "us" means?? I reckon that India is more than 7 times the size of UK. and when did Indian tippie toead their flags higher than UK :biggrin: Had too much to drink last night or too confused with your nationality :tongue: :tongue:

Jay Confused about nationality....no.

I am damned proud to be both British and Pakistani.

I have two nationalities, two countries, two homes to call my own.

Officer of Engineering......get over yourself, wonderful response.
24 ICBM's.....what did you count them yourself? :eek:

ooh....plz....get over yourself.

And FYI, the world is not safer today, it was safer in 1985.

In `985 i didn't ahve to worry about wahhabi's blowing themselves up in a club next to me!

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 22:19

As a matter of fact, I did. I was a line officer with access to nuclear evals.

In `985 i didn't ahve to worry about wahhabi's blowing themselves up in a club next to me!

You're a freaking moron. In 1985, we were prepared to nuke the world to kingdom. Compare that to your wahhabi's fire cracker.

And for your info, young man, kid, don't try to match knowledge about the PLA with me. I'm the moderator over at China-Defense.com, the largest English based knowledge site about the PLA in the world.

platinum786
01 Apr 05,, 22:32
oh wow, your a mod on a chinese defence forum, what you want a medal?

So when did you count them, 1979....or before then?
Was Rambo with you? Or did you kick the PLA's ass by yourself?.......lol

Also when will your glorified war mongering movie of you Vs China come out, and will the sequel have you fighting King Kong in it too?

In 1985 nobody was going to nuke anyone. This fear inside your small minds is simply the onset of macarthy-ism. It hasn't left your generation. What you fear to realise is that the world is full of cowards, we all love life, nobody was going to nuke anyone, coz it meant getting the same in return.

Also incase amongst the galavanting to war if you have forgotten, on 11th September 2001, the wahhabi fire cracker, caused more American deaths than the Soviet union ever did, we are at war, we are under attack, it's time you realised that and stopped fighting make beleive wars against China and Russia and got to the real deal.

Officer of Engineers
01 Apr 05,, 22:35
Nice retort, little boy. All it shows that you have an imagination while I had facts.

11 Sept? Kid, you don't want to know how many times the button was nearly pushed and it was far more than you like to know.

Julie
01 Apr 05,, 22:59

Also when will your glorified war mongering movie of you Vs China come out, and will the sequel have you fighting King Kong in it too?

In 1985 nobody was going to nuke anyone. This fear inside your small minds is simply the onset of macarthy-ism. It hasn't left your generation. What you fear to realise is that the world is full of cowards, we all love life, nobody was going to nuke anyone, coz it meant getting the same in return.

Also incase amongst the galavanting to war if you have forgotten, on 11th September 2001, the wahhabi fire cracker, caused more American deaths than the Soviet union ever did, we are at war, we are under attack, it's time you realised that and stopped fighting make beleive wars against China and Russia and got to the real deal.It is always wise to discuss what "could be" with any country that could be a threat to some extent, and having a person of such knowledge and experience such as OoE, brings more reality to the discussion. I respect his valuable input into these issues. As to terrorists and their "firecrackers," pffft...they are pretty much history as far as I'm concerned, and if they bother you, I suggest you purchase you a weapon and kill them if the opportunity arises, because that's what we intend to continue doing.

Ray
02 Apr 05,, 00:34
Plat,

He is OoEngineers and not Engineering.

Also note, don't go by his rank alone. In a smalll army, to be a Colonel is a big deal.

As far as China goes, he knows a lot and it is not just because he is on the CDF or his Chinese ancestry.

Also incase amongst the galavanting to war if you have forgotten, on 11th September 2001, the wahhabi fire cracker, caused more American deaths than the Soviet union ever did, we are at war, we are under attack, it's time you realised that and stopped fighting make beleive wars against China and Russia and got to the real deal.

I have not understood as to who is the 'we'. Are you meaning yourself? Terrorists actually have become passe.

They (the US) are at the real deal. I posted a Pak Observer news that indicates that the Pak nukes are under US control. Or at least that it what the paper speculates. It could be given that Pak is being loaded with 'goodies'.

Also, the Pak education system of madrassahs are changing because GBW has said so.

Therefore, they are going into the root of the problems and soon we will ahve a safer world, I hope.

This world is very interesting. :cool:

Don't worry about China. They will chug along without your help. Nice slim girls and they will distract every enemy. Not to worry.

There is a Red Star over the East.

Veni Vidi Vici
02 Apr 05,, 04:51
Colonel sir,
That was much better. Whats the point of a skirt if the legs are hidden by boots!

Jesus... y'all act like a bunch of little boys going through puberty.

:rolleyes: And i thought it was just in High School.....

:biggrin: You guys crack me up..... probobly why I still hang around.

Officer of Engineers
02 Apr 05,, 05:15
I watched the parade, hoping for a sighting of the infamous J-10, and my wife sat with me for about an hour of it before she got bored and left. About the only thing that caught her attention were the twins.

She slugged me for noticing the tanks more than women (writing notes to check whether that was a 122 or a 105 mm gun).

bull
02 Apr 05,, 06:31
well thats not true. There are a number of things that can go wrong. Like for eg, oversupply of money can increase their inflation, over heating of their property market etc etc.

Goldman sachs has come out with a detailed study of the bric economy and said chinas economy will grow in leaps and bounds.Well GS can also go wrong!

There banking system is a mess,ther is huge amount of NPAs with them for which necesary provisions have not been made.Till noe for ex reserves where used to bail out these banks.
I read about a chinese power company going bankrupt in china.Imagine a power company going bankrupt that too in china......

Julie
02 Apr 05,, 06:42
She slugged me for noticing the tanks more than women (writing notes to check whether that was a 122 or a 105 mm gun).Are you finding that book Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus -- full of bs? It is you know. No two women are alike....There is no cure all for women in general. Matter of fact, using one type of philosphy for one women, will surely be a backfire with another. Word of advice, forget everything you read in that book, and follow your gut instinct (and heart if you can keep it in one piece). :)

I read about a chinese power company going bankrupt in china.Imagine a power company going bankrupt that too in china......After all the reading I've done the past few months, I feel China is still no match for US. BUT....that does not mean they will not do something stupid either economically and/or militarily.

bull
02 Apr 05,, 06:55
So by stating facts i'm flying the flag of China.

-China is the worlds 4th largest economy.

- If the chinese on did, do you think thier would be no after affect?

I am not rying to fly my countries flag higher than yours.We still have lot of issues to deal with.It is not possible for india to develop at the same speed as china does.

Comingback to your point of china holding the key for world economy.
But does it? The arguments above might sound convincing - but most of them are in fact wrong. Fixed or floating, up or down, renminbi exchange-rate policy simply doesn’t have a major impact on the global economy.

Think of it like this. What would happen if Italy reinstated the lira, and decided to peg its exchange rate to the euro or the dollar at a rate 15% lower than now? The impact would be pretty limited. After all, Italy is relatively small compared to the global economy, and 15% undervaluation doesn’t seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things.

So why all the attention given to China? At $1.2trn, Italian GDP is roughly the size of China’s, and Italy’s total foreign trade value of $750bn is only slightly smaller than that of China’s. First-world manufacturers point to artificially cheap Chinese wages as the most imminent global threat - yet artificially cheap Italian wages would hurt them much more, since most Italian industry is in price-sensitive sectors (autos, chemicals, machinery and technology) that compete head-to-head with other rich nations. By contrast, Chinese export workers make textiles, toys, sporting goods and light electronics - industries the developed countries mostly gave up a long time ago.

Consider the global trade data. Chinese exports have been penetrating European, Japanese and US markets at a headline growth rate of 35% per year - but overall Asian market share has grown very slowly, meaning that for each additional dollar industrialised consumers spend on Chinese imports, imports from the rest of Asia actually fall. This is not because China is outcompeting its Asian neighbours. Rather, crucially, it’s because Asian countries(read SE) have moved low-end assembly functions to China, as a final stop on the production chain before shipping off to Wal-Mart or Tesco.

Take the example of a $200 mobile handset assembled in China and then shipped to the US. The value-added share accruing to Chinese parts and labour might only be around $30; the remainder would be high-end components and equipment coming from Japan, Korea or Taiwan. So even if the yuan were revalued by 30%, the price of the handset would go up by just $9, not nearly enough to have an impact on American producers and jobs. But if, instead, the yuan remained fixed and the Japanese yen, the Korean won and the Taiwan dollar were revalued, then the price rises by nearly $50 - the level of hike that might actually provide relief to high-end manufacturers in the US. The lesson is that currency policies in more developed markets matter to a much higher degree than they do in China.

But what about all those forex reserves? Over the past 12 months, the PBoC purchased more than $170bn in reserves, or roughly $15bn per month - the current price of keeping the yuan constant. The People’s Bank generally parks at least two-thirds of its funds in US Treasuries or other dollar assets; if China were to let the yuan strengthen, it wouldn’t have to buy up as many reserves. Even if the authorities moved gradually, for example initially shifting to a ‘basket’ regime, they might want to move their reserves into other currencies, such as the euro and the yen. Either way, a change in the exchange-rate regime means a drop in Chinese support for the dollar, at a time when China seems to be the main source of funding for overstretched US consumers.

This is a compelling story, but probably a misguided one. To see why, ask yourself: Where do those billions in reserves come from every month? Over the past year, roughly half of China’s forex reserve inflows came from portfolio capital, including so-called hot money flows. In effect, Chinese banks and firms have been drawing down their asset positions abroad, or borrowing money in foreign markets, and bringing these funds back to China, in part to speculate on a possible renminbi move. But this means that as private agents move out of dollars and into yuan, the PBoC is buying up the dollars and pumping them right back into the US. The net effect on US markets from these transactions is… virtually zero! (This is an overly simplified explanation, but close to the mark.) So despite the size of the headline reserve accumulation, China’s true support for the dollar is much smaller.

The really crucial factor is relative current account positions. This year the US current-account deficit is expected to reach $600bn. China’s US surplus is $40bn - only a 15th of the size of the US imbalance. By contrast, Japan, Taiwan and Korea together should record a US surplus of around $230bn this year; throw in Singapore and Malaysia and the figure increases to $275bn. You get the picture: China is a relatively small player on the global scene, and its neighbours are much more important in determining the fate of the US economy.

I AM NOT TRYING TO DOWNPLAY YOUR COUNTRIES ACHIEVEMENT IN ANY WAY,BUT MIND YOU IF ITYS AECONOMY EVRYTHING THAT COMES ON PAPER ILL HAVE A DARKER SIDE.

Officer of Engineers
02 Apr 05,, 07:02
Are you finding that book Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus -- full of bs?

Very expensive toilet paper. Learned it was useless when then financee did not pressed about my nightmares (and still haven't).

It is you know. No two women are alike....There is no cure all for women in general. Matter of fact, using one type of philosphy for one women, will surely be a backfire with another. Word of advice, forget everything you read in that book, and follow your gut instinct (and heart if you can keep it in one piece). :)

Tell me about it. My wife is having a laugh in me trying to use the same techniques on #1 Daughter. ie chocolates.

bull
02 Apr 05,, 07:05
Jay Confused about nationality....no.

I am damned proud to be both British and Pakistani.

I have two nationalities, two countries, two homes to call my own.

why do you blame US for wahbbis bombing in UK.These people find out crazy ways and reasons for killing people.Do youthink if US hadnt attacked afghanistan or iraq all these terrorism wont be there.
What do you think all these wahabbis do then,take the holypath.
Understand onething platinum, there is no reason or everything is a reason for them to bomb anything.

FlyingCaddy
02 Apr 05,, 08:34
I think you've misunderstood. They can tolerate up to 50% unit loss before that unit becomes combat ineffective. We can tolerate up to 25%. It's not so much that they're more willing to die or we're any less willing to die but the fact that their Command and Control systems are much higher up than ours and hence, they do not need as many resources as we do at the lower levels.

The case of having one good general instead of a 1000 good sergeants. You can tolerate the lost of the sergeants alot more than you could the general.
I agree we are at something of a semantics divide, I dont think 'can' is the correct word, rather to me its 'will'. And if generals are willing to take heavier losses, it means the men are necessarily less valued, therefore, fodder. It had nothing to do with the soldier's willingness to die, but the commanders willingness to sacrifice.

Granted an army can tolerate more losses of NCOs than Generals, but at some point no NCOs equals a tactical morass.

lemontree
02 Apr 05,, 13:43
Oh so you are big sh$t at PDF-land of psycho mullahs, too?

Plat, the Colonel was in uniform when you were in liquid form. Either you learn of shut the F up...
On second thoughts, keep posting, its nice to see a PDF moderator/admin make an idiot of himself.

lemontree
02 Apr 05,, 13:46
Jesus... y'all act like a bunch of little boys going through puberty.

:rolleyes: And i thought it was just in High School.....

:biggrin: You guys crack me up..... probobly why I still hang around.
Come on, don't deny that ladies love the attention that the skirts get them. ;)

Officer of Engineers
02 Apr 05,, 20:50
I agree we are at something of a semantics divide, I dont think 'can' is the correct word, rather to me its 'will'.

I would go beyond your word in that it's a "must." The Chinese simply lacked the mobility (in all aspects including C4ISR) to go any place any time they want. Thus, they station at all places at all times that they need.

While they may not be actual cannon fodder (in that they would be just meat on the ground), they would be at least soft kills (completely out of the way with no input towards the deciding action).

And if generals are willing to take heavier losses, it means the men are necessarily less valued, therefore, fodder. It had nothing to do with the soldier's willingness to die, but the commanders willingness to sacrifice.

And herein lies their current problem. Mass is no longer a deciding factor in modern warfare. The PLA could be reduced by 50% and still retain their combat effectiveness, meaning that they have alot of bulk they could trim.

The problem, however, is that this is a pretty well a conscript force with a 2 year enlistment. To retain the kind of army they like to see would require a 4 year term and that could only be achieved through a professional force.

They're trying a half-ass approach in having a professional officer corps and a career NCO program but that's hitting brick walls at the moment.

Granted an army can tolerate more losses of NCOs than Generals, but at some point no NCOs equals a tactical morass.

You don't see their inherant weakness. They cannot tolerate the loss of a general. We can.

FlyingCaddy
02 Apr 05,, 21:17
I agree with everything you said but my last comment was in the abstract, not the PLA, but I totally understand where you are comming from.

Selective
05 Apr 05,, 03:09
Plat,

He is OoEngineers and not Engineering.

Also note, don't go by his rank alone. In a smalll army, to be a Colonel is a big deal.

As far as China goes, he knows a lot and it is not just because he is on the CDF or his Chinese ancestry.

I have not understood as to who is the 'we'. Are you meaning yourself? Terrorists actually have become passe.

They (the US) are at the real deal. I posted a Pak Observer news that indicates that the Pak nukes are under US control. Or at least that it what the paper speculates. It could be given that Pak is being loaded with 'goodies'.

Also, the Pak education system of madrassahs are changing because GBW has said so.

Therefore, they are going into the root of the problems and soon we will ahve a safer world, I hope.

This world is very interesting. :cool:

Don't worry about China. They will chug along without your help. Nice slim girls and they will distract every enemy. Not to worry.

There is a Red Star over the East.

Ive never heard the rumor about pak nukes being under u.s control. You got a link to that newspaper artical u read?