What a powerful China (1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a powerful China (1)

How a powerful China! Do you know? no kidding.

Two long-range ballistic missiles have been deploied, the 8,000 km DF-31 and the 12,000 km DF-41. Both missiles are expected to be solid-fueled and based on mobile launchers. It is not known how many missiles China plans to deploy nor how many warheads the missiles may carry, but it is believed that China have many stupendous achievement in deployment multiple nuclear warheads and penetration aids. These may be either multiple re-entry vehicles (MRVs) or the
    more capable, but technically difficult multiple independently
    -targetable re-entry vehicles (MIRVs). First deployment for the DF-31 could occur june. 2005; the DF-41 is likely to follow, possibly around the middle of 2005.
    Attached Files

other picture about DF-31 China.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice picture of the missile launch.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Yessir !
        The last picture is sexy.

The other things of the thread are the usual YAWNY things.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
          Nice picture of the missile launch.
          Look at the tires, Captain. The tubes are empty.

Comment

Sir
            I remember you telling us about the tyres long back..
            Alas the drones do not understand

Comment

So you're saying that since the tires are not depressed, the tube must be empty. What happens if the tires are depressed? How far can they go with the tubes fully loaded?

Russia has the Topol-M ICBM mounted on a wheeled chassis and is still the most powerful ICBM in the world. How's that different from the Chinese model?

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster
                So you're saying that since the tires are not depressed, the tube must be empty. What happens if the tires are depressed? How far can they go with the tubes fully loaded?
                There are other signs as well but as an engr, the tires caught my eye. There are civies around. No one is going to park a nuke beside free roaming civies.

Within normal operational standards, they can go as far as 45 minutes from base. Anymore than that, they will have to take protection along with them instead of relying on base.

Originally posted by Blademaster
                Russia has the Topol-M ICBM mounted on a wheeled chassis and is still the most powerful ICBM in the world. How's that different from the Chinese model?
                The Chinese are still city busters and not counter-force.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                  Look at the tires, Captain. The tubes are empty.
                  Sir,
                  I just commented on the missile launch picture. I noticed the civilians too and found that odd, but did not want to comment or yookoo may assume that we are all anti-chinese hawks in this forum.
                  I did not notice the tyres sir. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind in future.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

So old&cool
                    The Peace is all!

Comment

So old & cool news

the DF-31 is operational and was deployed in 1999. The DF-31A is operational and was deployed in 2002. These missiles are of limited capability and can only target a small portion of the U.S. the DF-41 (under development) is a much greater threat because it can carry a heavier payload and target the whole U.S. ... The picture of "empty" TEL with the civilians is probably part of the parade(May Day?). The "empty" TEL is for the DF-41. I too agreed the tire should be loaded down if the cannister has the missile because the DF-41 weighs in at around 80 tons. But again this is a parade and the DF-41 is under development. The much lighter DF-31 weighs in at 42 tons and DF-31A weighs in at 47 tons. The TELs with live missiles are normally deployed in wilderness/rural areas ...
                      Last edited by coolieno99; 17 Apr 05,, 06:05.

Comment

Working...
                      X