Hurt Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurt Locker

Anybody see Hurt Locker? Is it any good? I'ts showing waay over on the other side of town. I was wondering if it's worth driving out there...
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

http://www.mrbrownee70.com/forum/wat...mv&gid=70Z7C9G

Make sure you doubleclick on the screen after you entered the streaming code.

Comment

I hope its a pro army movie, not an anti war movie.

Comment

It's an engineer's movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          It's an engineer's movie.
          So I will think of you, my great sir, when I watch it :));)

Comment

Comment

I saw it. It was worth it. I don't know if it will win any awards but at coffee afterwards I told I was extremely quiet and grim. It brought back some things I'd forgotten about, now playing over repeatedly in my mind. I might post about them, maybe not.
              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

It was a tough watch.

Comment

Oh, make sure you select track 2 for English

Comment

I will recommend the movie. It was good enough to trigger a nightmare. A night of no sleep, waiting for dawn. Like a lot of former soldiers I've had my share.

They get less frequent as time passes. It was worse at the beginning.The first ten years it was every week, ten more years then every month. Now they are less frequent, usually only when triggered by something like a hot night, a realistic movie.

I'm not as susceptible to nightmares as I used to be, bad situations don't affect me like they used to. I haven't heard a shot fired in anger in over 7 years now, haven't picked up or added any new ones. I'm thankful for that.

Comment

Rejected Hurt Locker Poster

[ATTACH]15421[/ATTACH]
                      Attached Files
                      Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

I always wondered why they never gave alot of thought to bombarding areas like these with high frequency sonic waves. It can destroy many things from a distance, even surgeons have used it for years to destroy kidney stones and industry uses it as well. If it can help save the lives of our troops its well worth the investment. I say this because I have not read or seen anything about it in military use. I have worked with sonics before and they can do many things. Maybe perhaps they are or have experimented with it and I just dont know about it. Just a thought.
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Just watched the movie. Whats strange is when I went to The Hurt Locker (2008) it was released last year. Its actually out on dvd aswell; they are playing it in theatres though, or have been, don't know if its still up.

Cool movie. Great acting by Jeremy Renner (SSGT JAMES). Too bad we didn't see enough of his wife in the movie Evangeline Lilly

Comment

Working...
                          X