PDA

View Full Version : The Fall Classic

gunnut
23 Jul 09,, 19:31
Are the Dodgers for real?

It's been almost 21 years since I saw the Kirk Gibson home run off Dennis Eckersly at the bottom of the 9th in game 1 of the 1988 World Series. I've been disappointed for 19 seasons in a row now. Will this be the year for the Dodgers? Is Joe Torre really the difference?

And some stuff about Yankees and Angels... Who cares? :P

Dreadnought
23 Jul 09,, 19:57
Dont know but I do know that Philadelphia has the makings for another run at the title. See you soon.:));)

Rumrunner
23 Jul 09,, 20:12
Anybody but the BoSox.

And yea, the Dodgers are the real deal, with timely assistance from Joe Torre & Donnie Baseball - but watch out, Torre has been good at gettin to the playoffs, but crappy at staying the playoffs the last few years.

Lets go Yankees! Back in 1st!

Jimbo
23 Jul 09,, 21:02
I definitely think the Dodgers are a threat come playoff time, as well as the Phillies. Those two teams while not a total gurantee of making the playoffs, are sitting pretty good right now. I don't see either the Rockies or the Giants catching LA for the division. How would you like to be the Braves now going 8-2 over the last ten games and still losing ground on the Phillies? The races for the NL central and NL wild card are looking like they will go down to the wire. As of today in the central 3 teams are within two games of the Cards. Still a lot of baseball to play though, but as of now both Philly and LA are looking like the two favorites in the NL to get there IMO.

I would normally be following a lot closer than what I have been so far. My main team is the Cubs, and let's just say that during the offseason several moves did not please me. Oh and speaking of could you guys take it to the Cardinals in this upcoming series next week;)?

As of now I am rooting for the Rockies to make it back, and hopefully perform better this time through. (Why not the Cubs, come on they're the Cubs like they're ever going to win the pennant, I think the mere mention of them in this thread may be a bannable offense as it is way OT :redface::()

Mobbme
24 Jul 09,, 00:02
Finally, a baseball thread!!

I think the most interesting, whether you're a fan of these two teams or not, is the race between the BoSox and Yankees. What a come back the Yankees made and what a mess up the BoSox made in the past few weeks :eek:

Anyone watch yesterday's Dodgers game? Manny wasn't supposed to play, but bases were loaded and good ol Joe Torre said "I could see that something would happen from the way ManRam was walking around in the dugout" and he throws him into the game without even a single practice swing, and BOOM, Grandslam!

Jimbo
24 Jul 09,, 02:36
Actually the Red Sox vs. Yankees rivalry lost most if not all of its meaning to me when the Red Sox won their second World Series (in this century). Before that it had a sense of little underdog vs. evil empire. Now though it seems like evil empire vs. evil empire. No grudges against those who still enjoy it, good for them. For me though I could care less now, of course I am also a hardline National League fan who still gets sick whenever the AL wins either the WS or the All Star game.

No I am not bitter that both the Red Sox and White Sox have won a WS this past decade :biggrin:

Now for the sake of discussion I do think the Red Sox will come back. They always seem to struggle against the AL West and I do believe they are mostly done with those games. Yep just checked their record 8-16 against the AL West wow that hurts.

Oh and in other baseball news, just saw that Buehrle tossed a perfect game good for him, wow that was painful to type.

Jimbo
24 Jul 09,, 02:41
Ok speaking of Buehrle's perfect game. CBS sports has perhaps the dumbest headline. "Buehrle, Wise prove ChiSox have what they're looking for" so your all star pitcher makes one outstanding start and your centerfielder makes one outstanding catch means you don't need any pitching help or a new CF:confused:. Wow I need to find that facepalm photo from that other thread.

Mobbme
24 Jul 09,, 03:42
Ok speaking of Buehrle's perfect game. CBS sports has perhaps the dumbest headline. "Buehrle, Wise prove ChiSox have what they're looking for" so your all star pitcher makes one outstanding start and your centerfielder makes one outstanding catch means you don't need any pitching help or a new CF:confused:. Wow I need to find that facepalm photo from that other thread.

roflzz

Mobbme
24 Jul 09,, 03:43
The BoSox n Yankees beef is just downplayed. Let them both make the playoffs and everything will be ignited again. Ofcourse ppl would want a Dodgers vs BoSox series more than anything, I know I would, imagine the ratings on that :eek:

I read that Halladay might not be traded, I thought he was going to Phillies

Herodotus
27 Jul 09,, 09:36
I read that Halladay might not be traded, I thought he was going to Phillies

They are still working out the details on the trade, the Blue Jays rejected the Phillies latest offer.

My take on the season so far: my M's are out of it, they weren't serious contenders though. The Angels, Red Sox, and Yankees will make the playoffs as well as the Tigers in the AL. NL will be Phillies, Dodgers, Cardinals and Rockies.

My hope for the WS would be Tigers-Rockies, I have always liked Jim Leyland and think he deserves a ring. But if he doesn't get it, then the Rockies should win.

I would be surprised if those two teams made it. It will probably be Yankees-Phils or Yankees-Dodgers, or some other NL team, and being the Yankee hater that I am, I hope the NL wins. :biggrin:

Mobbme
27 Jul 09,, 16:08
I can understand why everyone hates ManRam, man had it all in Boston and he ruined it. BUT* he is a great player, there is no doubt about that, I hope Dodgers win it all.

For Baseball, not for myself, I think it would be great to have a Boston vs Dodgers series. I'd rather prefer to see Yankees in the finals, but hey, Boston will bring that much more fans around the world.

Rumrunner
27 Jul 09,, 16:20
The yanks-bosox rivalry is overplayed....at least to me. A lifetime of being a yankees fan and 4 years of living in Boston (including the amazing Aaron F***ing Boone year) kinda beat the horse to near death to me. Nobody was happier than I when the Devil Rays finally burst onto the AL East scene and made a name for themselves apart from just being celler dwellers.

The yanks are on a torrid pace right now, but I expect them to cool a bit on this upcoming road trip. It'll be a fight down the road as always with the bosox, but hopefully this year the wild card will go to someone aside from the #2 spot in the AL East, like it seems to have done for the last too-many years....

I vote yankees v. dodgers world series, Torre vs his old team, a NY team vs. what still should be a NY (Brooklyn) team. Could be interesting. Like I said before, anybody but the Bosox

Mobbme
27 Jul 09,, 20:18
Yeah, everyone agrees to em being overplayed.

Torres vs his old team would also be awesome, I totally forgot about that one. If yankees win, George would look like a genius, if Torre wins with the Dodgers it will be because the Yankees are choke artists.

Jimbo
27 Jul 09,, 20:39
Speaking of Aarorn ******* Boone, MLB has him and Alex S Gonzalez to blame/thank for missing out on what would have been possibly the best WS ratings ever in 2003.

In the NL Central a key series starts today IMO, Cubs Astros. I think the Astros have a chance of winning the Central. Either way the team that takes the series can gather some nice momentum.

Rockies took 2 of 3 from the Giants over the weekend which makes me :biggrin: .

Of course the Cardinals Dodgers series should be an interesting one as well.

Lots of baseball left to be played and right now my NL dark horse canidate is Houston. No reason in particular I'm just getting that feeling about them.

Mobbme
07 Aug 09,, 03:10
Wow, anyone watching the bosox vs Yankees series? Yankees just exploded in the 4th inning, they scored 8 runs roflzzz

Mobbme
09 Aug 09,, 19:24
Where's our biggest Red Sox fan disappeared to? I'd like to share some good news with him - Red Sox 0-3 so far and haven't scored a run in 2 games against the Yankees :))

Rumrunner
10 Aug 09,, 17:03
Yeah, it was a nice weekend :biggrin:

Mobbme
10 Aug 09,, 17:16
Yeah, it was a nice weekend :biggrin:

Bad, veryyyyyy bad games for Boston lol :))

Yankees are the real deal eh? They're definately one of the two or three teams that'll win the world series this year

Rumrunner
10 Aug 09,, 17:23
Time will tell for the Yanks, but they have really come together since the all star break and right now are the team to beat in the AL. Fingers crossed they can stay injury free and stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the Mets.

Mobbme
10 Aug 09,, 18:14
You know which team that's been a disappointment since the All Star break? The Dodgers. They're losing games when they should be winning them.

Stupid Jays finally win one

gunnut
10 Aug 09,, 19:28
Dodgers had their first losing home stand this season. Just watch, they will play 500 ball at the very best, barely squeeze into the playoffs, and get bounced in the first round. Their starting pitching is too unreliable.

Rumrunner
10 Aug 09,, 19:31
The Dodgers were on a torrid pace for the 1st half, maybe they lost momentum...they still are far too good a team to count out.

And yeah, the Jays. Yanks v. Jays tonight - Yanks 6-3 winners, followed by them dropping the rest of the series.

Lets go Washington Nationals! 8-straight wins!

Mobbme
12 Aug 09,, 15:50
Kevin Youkilis charges Rick Porcello and Porcello tosses Youkilis down like a UFC fighter

ovWE2X93pt4

gunnut
17 Aug 09,, 19:19
Dodgers peaked too early this year. They can't buy a victory now. They will get bounced in the first round in the playoffs...if they make it.

Mobbme
17 Aug 09,, 20:13
Dodgers peaked too early this year. They can't buy a victory now. They will get bounced in the first round in the playoffs...if they make it.

:eek:

I hope not!!

But you're onto something. Its like the opposite for the Yankees who look completely unstoppable now. This is their first year in the new stadium right? I think I called it at the beginning of the year "If Yankees don't win the championship the first year in the new stadium, then they are definitely choke artists"

Mobbme
22 Aug 09,, 07:15
BoSox are done. Yankees destroyed them again. Any hope for them? Will they get the Wild Card even though they lead for it?

gunnut
08 Oct 09,, 01:14
Dodgers will be out of the playoffs by the weekend.

Mobbme
08 Oct 09,, 01:46
Dodgers will be out of the playoffs by the weekend.

:eek::eek::eek:

Pls say it isn't so!!! :redface:

Ok lol caught my breathe back, so my question is, who has a REAL shot at beating the Yankees?

gunnut
08 Oct 09,, 01:50
:eek::eek::eek:

Pls say it isn't so!!! :redface:

Ok lol caught my breathe back, so my question is, who has a REAL shot at beating the Yankees?

The Angels.

Unfortunately they will be out of the playoffs by the weekend as well.

Cards against the Sox in World Series. I'm leaning toward Cards in 6.

Mobbme
08 Oct 09,, 05:11
The Angels.

Unfortunately they will be out of the playoffs by the weekend as well.

Cards against the Sox in World Series. I'm leaning toward Cards in 6.

Ok is that sarcasm? Sox in the World Series? I would love for them to make it to the World Series, but are they even that good right now? You know your baseball 10 times more than me but I can't see the BoSox making it, so I go against you on that.

ManRam vs Pujols!! Pujols is too sickkk though, lets see how ManRam fairs.

I'm going for Yankees to win it all :redface:

gunnut
08 Oct 09,, 20:28
I'm betting against the Yankees because they are the best team money can buy, which means they are getting by more on talent than heart. They more than likely will find a way to choke in big games.

Angels for some reason have had great success against the Yankees recently. At the same time Angels couldn't buy a run against Boston.

I was surprised the Dodgers won last night. They got to Carpenter early. Let's see if they can do that against Wainwright tonight.

Angels will be on too. And Fringe. I don't know what to watch...:(

Mobbme
09 Oct 09,, 00:51
I'm betting against the Yankees because they are the best team money can buy, which means they are getting by more on talent than heart. They more than likely will find a way to choke in big games.

Angels for some reason have had great success against the Yankees recently. At the same time Angels couldn't buy a run against Boston.

I was surprised the Dodgers won last night. They got to Carpenter early. Let's see if they can do that against Wainwright tonight.

Angels will be on too. And Fringe. I don't know what to watch...:(

True. Yankees and Red Sox do have an edge because they can just about sign anyone they want and not worry about the salary caps because they can afford it. But its all on heart, Yankees haven't won in the longest time. Maybe they'll win this year and then it'll be worth it all.

That's one thing that used to piss me off about the Toronto Maple Leafs, they could afford to go wayyyy over the luxury tax but refused to spend big bucks like the Rangers do to sign anyone they want. Ah well, within 5 years we'll have our cup.

Mobbme
09 Oct 09,, 03:19
OH MY GOD, I can't take this anymore.. That was TOO SERIOUS, TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!!!

What a 9th inning for the Dodgers... MATT HOLLIDAY WHAT ON EARTH YOU DOING!!!! THANK YOU THOUGH, Dodgers are going to wrap this one up baby

2 out, full count, just struck out ManRam, no one on bases, BOOM Matt Holliday misses the fly ball, thats it, bases became loaded and then 38 year old Loretta hits it in the field game over, Dodgers score

BudW
09 Oct 09,, 04:23
Haven't watched since the greedy fellows struck and missed the world Series add in roids in its just not worth the time.

Mobbme
09 Oct 09,, 04:33
Haven't watched since the greedy fellows struck and missed the world Series add in roids in its just not worth the time.

Cry me a river bud :rolleyes:

gunnut
09 Oct 09,, 19:58
OH MY GOD, I can't take this anymore.. That was TOO SERIOUS, TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!!!

What a 9th inning for the Dodgers... MATT HOLLIDAY WHAT ON EARTH YOU DOING!!!! THANK YOU THOUGH, Dodgers are going to wrap this one up baby

2 out, full count, just struck out ManRam, no one on bases, BOOM Matt Holliday misses the fly ball, thats it, bases became loaded and then 38 year old Loretta hits it in the field game over, Dodgers score

I got in my car last night just in time to hear Vin Scully say "BELLIARD HITS A GROUNDER UP THE MIDDLE!!! The Dodgers have tied the game at 2-2 here in the bottom of the 9th!"

I have never heard Vin so excited before. I didn't even know the game started early. I thought it's the regular 7pm starting time. Glad I heard the most important plays of the series just in time.

And what a gem turned in by John Lackey of the Angels. Nearly 8 innings of shut out ball against the Sox.

Mobbme
11 Oct 09,, 09:01
Yes! My Dodgers move on and I can see A.R getting mad!! :P

Now its the Yankees' turn!

Mobbme
11 Oct 09,, 23:03
What is this? The curse of the 9th inning? Red Sox totally blew it. Gave up 3 or more runs in the 9th inning lol Both L.A teams made it, great.

gunnut
12 Oct 09,, 07:12
Angels shut out the Sox Friday night in Anaheim. Across the country, Ducks gave the Bruins a drubbing in Boston.

Dodgers closed out the Cards in St. Louis on Saturday. The Kings edged out the Blues just across town.

Something we don't see often.

Mobbme
12 Oct 09,, 09:19
Is it time we start taking the Yankees seriously? They did beat a weak team, only time will tell. I did say at the beginning of the season, if ya'll recall, "if the Yankees don't win the championship this year, they will be called choke artists by me" and they are still in it! And then they signed Sabathia etc ;)

gunnut
12 Oct 09,, 21:29
Now I'm truly worried about the Angels and the Dodgers. Angels have had good luck against Yankees over the past few seasons. Their luck will run out sometime. Dodgers got lucky in game 2 and pretty much played perfect ball to win. The Cards lost due to errors.

Mobbme
13 Oct 09,, 05:31
Phillies vs the Dodgers again, who takes it this time? I say Dodgers because they have Joe Torre and they definitely learned their lesson from last year. Great teams have to lose first to learn to win.

Rumrunner
13 Oct 09,, 14:56
Dodgers in 5
Yankees in a surprising sweep

Yankees v. Dodgers World Series

gunnut
13 Oct 09,, 19:43
Dodgers in 5

That would be MLB's dream match up.

LA vs. NY; Torre vs. Steinbrenner; Dodgers vs. Yankees; west coast vs. east coast; #2 market vs. #1 market; think about the money!!!

Rumrunner
13 Oct 09,, 20:35
^^ and itll have a nice polarizing effect in NY, since the Dodgers were and to many, still are, a Brooklyn team

Dreadnought
13 Oct 09,, 21:10
Phillies vs the Dodgers again, who takes it this time? I say Dodgers because they have Joe Torre and they definitely learned their lesson from last year. Great teams have to lose first to learn to win.

*Not a chance. I'll see you next week after the Phillies are done with them.:tongue:

Mobbme
13 Oct 09,, 21:13
Dodgers in 5

I'm like a kid in a candy store after reading that :)):))

I wish this happens, man, I'd go nuts. Who would I cheer for? Well, if it happens, thats when I"ll think of who to cheer for :eek:

Mobbme
13 Oct 09,, 21:14
*Not a chance. I'll see you next week after the Phillies are done with them.:tongue:

:redface: :(

Dreadnought
13 Oct 09,, 21:21
:redface: :(

Cheer up Mobme, fate has a funny way of using the word "chance";):))

Mobbme
13 Oct 09,, 21:27
Cheer up Mobme, fate has a funny way of using the word "chance";):))

:P

Yankees are unstoppable. I have no doubt they'll make it. Its my Dodgers. They're so unknown yet they keep winning. They remind me of the championship winning team Chicago White Sox; no one on earth would've picked them, but they won. Kind've like last years Phillies hehe :))

Dreadnought
13 Oct 09,, 21:36
:P

Yankees are unstoppable. I have no doubt they'll make it. Its my Dodgers. They're so unknown yet they keep winning. They remind me of the championship winning team Chicago White Sox; no one on earth would've picked them, but they won. Kind've like last years Phillies hehe :))

*Yep, and here we are again, we wont be denied a second series.:));)

"You got to believe":P:))

Mobbme
13 Oct 09,, 22:06
*Yep, and here we are again, we wont be denied a second series.:));)

"You got to believe":P:))

Haha, we'll see ;)

Goodluck to your team though.

Mobbme
16 Oct 09,, 10:32
Wow, the Umpires are really killing the Dodgers eh?

If ManRam hit that homer in the 8th, they would've won. But they woulda coulda shoulda but didn't :P

I see them coming back strong though, it was like they knew they were going to lose game 1 against Hamels.

Dreadnought
16 Oct 09,, 14:34
Wow, the Umpires are really killing the Dodgers eh?

If ManRam hit that homer in the 8th, they would've won. But they woulda coulda shoulda but didn't :P

I see them coming back strong though, it was like they knew they were going to lose game 1 against Hamels.

Wohooo One down. Umps are'nt being bad IMO, they have pretty much called it down the line so far as what I can see.

Great game last night! Cheers to game two. :)

Albany Rifles
16 Oct 09,, 15:35
Are they still playing baseball?

Dreadnought
16 Oct 09,, 18:50
Are they still playing baseball?

Yep.:)

gunnut
16 Oct 09,, 18:57
The umpire was fine last night. Clayton Kershaw couldn't throw strikes after 4 innings. That and 3 wild pitches in the same 5th inning pretty much ended the game. The normally dependable George Sherill had the same problem, except he couldn't throw strikes at all. Maybe Torre should have kept the rotation the same and started 11 year veteran Randy Wolf in game 1. Kershaw is all of 22 years old and here he was starting game 1 of LCS. I think the same thing happened to Chad Billingsley last year in LCS.

Vicente Padilla starts tonight. We'll see how he does.

Mobbme
16 Oct 09,, 23:05
Yeah, the game is on early today, surprising. Pedro's doing well, we're on the 4th now, so Imma go back to the game, see ya'll 0-0 still

Mobbme
17 Oct 09,, 01:29
Game 3 coming up, series tied 1-1 wooooooo

Dreadnought
19 Oct 09,, 15:12
Game 3 coming up, series tied 1-1 wooooooo

*Redemption. Now that was our World Series Phillies team that played last night.:))

Rumrunner
19 Oct 09,, 15:17
Ah yes, it was a fine weekend to be a Yankees fan. Now the LAofA's and their diseased primate mascot have quite a hole to dig out of.

gunnut
19 Oct 09,, 19:35
Dodgers and Angels will be out before week's end.

I was only 2 weeks early on my predictions.

Mobbme
20 Oct 09,, 08:02
What an awful pitch. Why didn't the idiot pitch higher? He sent a fastball right down the middle, horrible call by the catcher. Too bad for the Dodgers eh?

They need a real miracle to overcome these Phillis, they are forreal man.

Dreadnought
20 Oct 09,, 14:26
Philly pulled it off late last night. Series at 3-1.:eek::))

Dreadnought
20 Oct 09,, 18:24
What an awful pitch. Why didn't the idiot pitch higher? He sent a fastball right down the middle, horrible call by the catcher. Too bad for the Dodgers eh?

They need a real miracle to overcome these Phillis, they are forreal man.

Sorry Mobbme, Not a favorite but I just could resist after last nights game ender. "Feeling strong now":))

YouTube - Rocky theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhlPAj38rHc)

Mobbme
21 Oct 09,, 06:53
Sorry Mobbme, Not a favorite but I just could resist after last nights game ender. "Feeling strong now":))

YouTube - Rocky theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhlPAj38rHc)

LOL next time they play that for ManRam, he'll homer, AGAIN.

Dreadnought
21 Oct 09,, 17:16
LOL next time they play that for ManRam, he'll homer, AGAIN.

All on the line tonight my friend. Do or Do not.;)

Rumrunner
21 Oct 09,, 17:27
Lets go Dodgers. Although, the Phils have the momentum and Torre has been known to stumble down the home stretch in recent years....

Mobbme
22 Oct 09,, 05:10
Its over. Phils were too strong for my Dodgers.

GGs boys, see ya next year when our pitchers n players are older and more experienced.

Dreadnought
22 Oct 09,, 16:06
*Jumping up on the bench, flexing the arms
Shouting

We are Philadelphia hear us ROAR!:)):)):)):)):)):))

*Hats off to the Dodgers for playing an excellent exciting series!:cool:

Rumrunner
22 Oct 09,, 19:33
Lets

Go

Yankees

Mobbme
23 Oct 09,, 01:06
Lets

Go

Yankees

I want Yankees to end their "drought" but Phillis are better than what they were last year, yes, I've said it.

Its kind've sad though, Philli has been the underdog every round so far, and I don't get it, they're awesome. Look what they did to the Dodgers, man.

Yankees vs Phillis is going to be one of the best series of all time, called it!

Mobbme
23 Oct 09,, 02:44
What the shizznickles is Burnett doing??!!!

Dreadnought
23 Oct 09,, 15:41
Yankees vs Phillis is going to be one of the best series of all time, called it!

*Most definately!;)

And just think we get to keep it here on the East Coast.:biggrin:

Doomarias
26 Oct 09,, 14:11
Angels were one hell of a team, good fight.

Rumrunner
26 Oct 09,, 15:10
Phillies v. Yankees

Its on!!!

Yakees in 7! Something has to distract us from the sorrowful spectere of pro football in NY these days...

rj1
26 Oct 09,, 15:46
Phillies v. Yankees

Its on!!!

Yakees in 7! Something has to distract us from the sorrowful spectere of pro football in NY these days...

Hey, the only team in New York won yesterday. ;)

Anyway, hate the Yankees, go Phils.

Dreadnought
26 Oct 09,, 20:31
Phillies v. Yankees

Its on!!!

*Like we dont have the same football problems? Well, Pittsburg is doing ok but the Eagles just plain out suck so far this year. Both Reid and McNabb need to go this time no doubt.

Phillies in 7!:P

*Either way I'm just glad that the series will bring both Philadelphia and New York business during this economy.Screw the West.;):))

Rumrunner
27 Oct 09,, 16:32
Indeed. And an East Coast series means no having to be up till 3 in the morning just to watch the game!

Dreadnought
27 Oct 09,, 17:34
Indeed. And an East Coast series means no having to be up till 3 in the morning just to watch the game!

:))

S2
27 Oct 09,, 23:01
"Phillies in 7!"

This is such B.S.

Bring your snowsuits.

Rumrunner
28 Oct 09,, 14:40
Ah the New York Post. Such a quality source for fair, unbiased and factual documentation of the news and current events not only in NY but around the globe. Here is yesterday's front page:

Dreadnought
28 Oct 09,, 14:41
"Phillies in 7!"

This is such B.S.

Bring your snowsuits.

:)):)):))

Dreadnought
28 Oct 09,, 14:43
Ah the New York Post. Such a quality source for fair, unbiased and factual documentation of the news and current events not only in NY but around the globe. Here is yesterday's front page:

*That would be the World reigning CHAMPIONS! And its still ours until you beat us and take away. Good Luck!:));)

Rumrunner
28 Oct 09,, 14:46
We dont need luck, we have cash and roids. That trumps all!!!

Rumrunner
29 Oct 09,, 14:53
Man, what a gem Lee pitched. I kept hoping he would get yanked towards the end so we could get a crack at the bullpen, but then in the 7th I realized all hope was gone. Guess we'll just have to whoop Pedro tonight!

Dreadnought
29 Oct 09,, 15:00
Man, what a gem Lee pitched. I kept hoping he would get yanked towards the end so we could get a crack at the bullpen, but then in the 7th I realized all hope was gone. Guess we'll just have to whoop Pedro tonight!

*Better hope you guys win tonight, If not then its back to Philly for three and possibly the end.:))

Mobbme
30 Oct 09,, 10:54
This is turning out to be a grrrrrreat series :))

Awesome pitching by Burnett and Pedro.

Rumrunner
30 Oct 09,, 14:42
All even'd up now! What a great game last night too. Great pitcher duels thusfar

Dreadnought
30 Oct 09,, 15:58
Congrads guys, so far a great series. My only comment is last night home plate Ump was a bit shady with some of those calls but alas a great game.:)

Mobbme
30 Oct 09,, 16:09
Congrads guys, so far a great series. My only comment is last night home plate Ump was a bit shady with some of those calls but alas a great game.:)

From what I hear, umps have been bad in every series. I watched the Dodgers - Phillies match up closely, I thought the UMPS were the worst in that one. But in all fairness, even if the UMPS had been 100% on the calls, Dodgers still would've lost.

Doomarias
01 Nov 09,, 07:31
All the heat on the umpires is ridiculous, like the bad calls just started. It's been going on for over a hundred years, get over it. Don't let them get instant replay in baseball, it would ruin the feel.

Doomarias
01 Nov 09,, 07:33
I think the Yanks have the momentum now, LETS GO YANKEES!

Mobbme
01 Nov 09,, 09:01
Great game!! Godzilla continues to impresssss!!

Yankees are hitting beautifully, but its not over till the fat lady singsss ;)

Dreadnought
02 Nov 09,, 15:18
Great game!! Godzilla continues to impresssss!!

Yankees are hitting beautifully, but its not over till the fat lady singsss ;)

Yeah wasnt too happy about them coming apart last night in the 9th. The better team won.:)

Dreadnought
03 Nov 09,, 15:15
Not so fast!;):))

gunnut
03 Nov 09,, 19:23
I didn't realize the game was on last night. I was watching hockey and then went out to play hockey.:))

Rumrunner
03 Nov 09,, 19:29
Not so fast!;):))

Man that was a rough one to watch. At least, and I'm crossin fingers here, we dont have to face Cliff Lee anymore! Good god! Straight and away he's my pick for series MVP.

Dreadnought
03 Nov 09,, 19:39
Man that was a rough one to watch. At least, and I'm crossin fingers here, we dont have to face Cliff Lee anymore! Good god! Straight and away he's my pick for series MVP.

Yes it was, on both sides I imagine. Excellent game!:)

Pedro will open for the Phils Weds night. But you can be sure in order to push it to game 7 Cliff Lee wont be far behind, rested arm or unrested arm its all or nothing next game just to reach the next platau.:redface: Looking foward to it, its been a great series so far. Cheers! & GO PHILS!:P

Dreadnought
04 Nov 09,, 14:22
Tonights the night. Prepare for Battle!:)):cool:

Mobbme
05 Nov 09,, 06:23
Come on folks, put your hands together and give it up for the New York Yankees!!

aqlJl1LfDP4

Dreadnought
05 Nov 09,, 14:35
Congrads Yanks. My hats off to you for another exciting Series!:)

Rumrunner
05 Nov 09,, 15:01
Ah yes, the Yanks win their 27th on my 27th b-day. Now THATS a b-day present!

Congrats to the Phillies though, NL Champs and they put up a hell of a fight! What a series!

gunnut
05 Nov 09,, 19:21
I don't feel too bad that the Yankees won. They spent the most and deserve to win. If they had lost, then it's laughing-my-ass-off time.

Anyone watched the post game interview on the field? Mark Teixiera said all the right things. He was a great interview. Jorge Posada gave the worst interview and sounded like a grade A ass-kisser on national TV.

Mobbme
06 Nov 09,, 14:20
I like how A-Rod mentioned he hit great in October ;)

Rumrunner
06 Nov 09,, 14:53
Jorge Posada gave the worst interview and sounded like a grade A ass-kisser on national TV.

Rat boy? An ass-kisser? No way! He just loooooves the Yankee organization. And drywall. He loves gnawing on drywall.