X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Chinese invasion of Siberia?

http://www.da.mod.uk/journal/journal...ianfareast.pdf

Basic facts:
    -Along the Chinese-Russian border in the far east, China has a whole lot of people on its side, and Russia only has a few. The disparity is increasing with time. Some fear the Chinese might be tempted to invade the wide open spaces of Siberia in the future for Lebensraum.
    -In terms of conventional military strength, China will undoubtedly surpass Russia in the not-too-distant future, if it hasn't already. So, China will become capable of forcibly taking over Siberia or at least part of it.
    -Siberia has a lot of raw resources that China needs for modernization.
    -Russia still has a lot of nuclear weapons that it could use against China to repel an invasion. Russia is unlikely to ever give up its nukes.
    -Russia and China currently enjoy a good diplomatic relationship, though average Russians and lower-level politicians are afraid of China.
    -Russian people are very racist and don't want or allow foreigners like Chinese to immigrate in large numbers.

Any possibility China might invade Russia in the future to take over the latter's far east? If so, how would China do so without getting nuked? Discuss.

Originally posted by Proyas View Post
    Discuss.
    To death

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/nat...html#post71173

Comment

Originally posted by Proyas View Post
      -Russian people are very racist and don't want or allow foreigners like Chinese to immigrate in large numbers.
      Many Russian people are maybe nationalist and maybe a little xenophobic, but to claim they are racists is quite a gross exaggeration...

Comment

I don't think they can...not without getting nuked not in the near future atleast.Russia does have a problem with demography though,the population may decline to about 60-70 million in the next 40 years.It will be difficult to hold such a huge country with so less people.

Comment

Proyas,maybe China should fight with his every neighbor to solve the population problem.
          Last edited by Luke Gu; 18 Jul 09,, 11:25.

Comment

China has surpassed Russia in military technology? Last I knew they bought fighter jets, an aircraft carrier that is stil to be operational etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf View Post
              China has surpassed Russia in military technology? Last I knew they bought fighter jets, an aircraft carrier that is stil to be operational etc.
              Read more closely before you comment. I said:
              In terms of conventional military strength, China will undoubtedly surpass Russia in the not-too-distant future, if it hasn't already. So, China will become capable of forcibly taking over Siberia or at least part of it.
              I didn't say anything about China having superior technology. But greater numbers and closer proximity to the warzone (Russia's far east) might already give China the edge.

Comment

You have not read the thread, have you?

The Chinese are far from capable of militarily taking Siberia in the foreseeable future.

Comment

I found it quite interesting about what a Russian thinks about the rise of China. I hope a Russian poster can help translating this article more correctly. Everybody knows how good Google translator is and my Russian vocabulary can be counted with my fingers.

Êèòàé ñîáèðàåòñÿ íàïàäàòü

Main ideas from the article:

- China is developing fast but in an unstable way. In order to stay in the course, the likely solution for China is expansion.
                  - Far East of Russia is nearly unoccupied, rich of resouces and therefore it is too attractive for China.
                  - Nationalism is rising in China and replacing Communism. Chinese scholars are calling for something which can be compared with Hitler's Lebensraum. Many others are demanding China's leading role in world politics.
                  - China's military budget and goal is too big for a defensive force. Author insists China will use its force to attack the neighbours soon.
                  - A future when China and USA share the world is possible.
                  - Russian Army is lagging behind China's one and needs more effort to maintain the balance.

At the end I wonder what China has done?

Comment

China is developing fast but in an unstable way. In order to stay in the course, the likely solution for China is expansion.
                    Maybe others‘ developing is in a stable way。The result of Financial crisis
                    may give you some idea。
                    rich of resouces and therefore it is too attractive for China.
                    Which nation isn't attractive by oil?America,Japan,or Russia?
                    Nationalism is rising in China and replacing Communism. Chinese scholars are calling for something which can be compared with Hitler's Lebensraum.
                    I think he says《China upset》,it's just one point.China also has many books express others' point,some even is Antagonistic。Now someone books have Antagonistic to criticize the book。China’s Academia is Vibrant and I think we should Tolerance every point。And Japan also have a book 《Japan can say no》,what happened to she?
                    China's military budget and goal is too big for a defensive force. Author insists China will use its force to attack the neighbours soon.
                    I don't see one nation who the gdp increase but the military budget not。If Russia's gdp increse faster than China,and his military budget will do it too.So is other nations.
                    A future when China and USA share the world is possible.
                    After America think China have become a good boy under her education.
                    Russian Army is lagging behind China's one and needs more effort to maintain the balance.
                    Now he is stronger than China.And the future is decided by ecnomic,money is everything,not land.
                    At the end I wonder what China has done?
                    You can wonder ,but it's just your image,you don't understand China and her problem.We will become an old nation in the future and young man is our The most valuable wealth。Use it to capture land which can't increase wealth by itself or use it increase wealth,what's the answer about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
                      You can wonder ,but it's just your image,you don't understand China and her problem.
                      Lol, no you don't understand me. It was a joke. I mean what China has done to make military professionals from her neighbours become so nervous. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
                        Which nation isn't attractive by oil?America,Japan,or Russia?
                        This may be a fact but a dangerous statement. You confirmed what the author pointed out. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by VietPhuong View Post
                          Lol, no you don't understand me. It was a joke. I mean what China has done to make military professionals from her neighbours become so nervous. ;)
                          They're not nervous. Not one bit.

Comment

Lol, no you don't understand me. It was a joke. I mean what China has done to make military professionals from her neighbours become so nervous.
                            HA,please don't laught at meLanguage to me is really big problem,so forgive me misunderstand you.
                            They're not nervous. Not one bit.
                            Yes,I just want to say all nations want their nation have many oils.Maybe it's a kind of Jealousy and Envy,I also don't think this will cause nervous。

Comment

Would be very interesting to see such a scenerio play out when it comes to freezing temps and other conditions beyond both of their controls the very same as it effected the Germans and Russians during WWII. Logistics and quality of build become key factors in addition to weather and ground conditions.
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
                              X