• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant By Swimming?

Pregnant By Swimming?

by Sally Worsham Jul 10th 2009 2:00PM

Categories: In the news, Weird but true

Did a teenager get pregnant from swimming in a hotel pool?

The pool can be a dangerous place: Kids can get sunburned or slip on the wet deck. But can the pool get you pregnant?

Magdalena Kwiatkowska of Poland thinks you can. She is suing an Egyptian hotel because she claims her 13-year-old daughter became impregnated after swimming in its pool during their recent holiday. Ms.Kwiatkowska says that there must have been errant sperm floating around just waiting to implant themselves in an unsuspecting female taking a dip. She swears that her daughter did not meet any boys during their vacation, so the mysterious sperm in the pool had to be the culprit.

Surely this lawsuit will be thrown out of court on inconceivable (pun intended) grounds. First off, wouldn't the chlorine kill any random sperm? But even further, did Ms. Kwiatkowska follow every moment of her vacationing daughter to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she spent absolutely no time with anyone of the opposite sex during their Egyptian holiday?

The only reassuring thing about this story, perhaps, is that frivolous lawsuits are not exclusively an American thing.

That's it, my daughter is not going to be swimming anymore! Somebody please educate this mom!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Sounds like this woman is going to known as Cleopatra...Queen of Denial. :))

13 years old and pregnant...from pool water. Pretty impressive. :(
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      Sounds like this woman is going to known as Cleopatra...Queen of Denial. :))

13 years old and pregnant...from pool water. Pretty impressive. :(
      I suppose there is a slim possibility of this happening, but only if the girl was naked for the water to touch her private area. And even then I don't think there's enough water pressure to push anything in it up that far.

It could have been that the girl's mother was out of sight when the girl's boyfriend swam up to her and pinned her against the wall.

They say it can be done but water is a lousy lubricant for entry.

Most likely, the mother is looking for a way to get rich.
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Maybe his boyfriend visited her in the night.

Comment

^^^...or just another 'virgin' birth. ;) Mom really is in deeeep denial and/or really wants to get rich quick.
          Last edited by Cindy; 12 Jul 09,, 07:43.
          ...Watching finally weeps. Walt Whitman

Comment

I think it was the hot tub next to the pool!
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

She should've used Mary's tactic and blamed it on God.

"You can't stone me, i'm not a whore, it was God!"

Comment

Er, I can't believe this woman expects anyone to believe this actually happened...

Nebula82.

Comment

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
                  Er, I can't believe this woman expects anyone to believe this actually happened...

Nebula82.
                  Never underestimate the power of parental denial.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

And you thought people peeing in the pool was bad......

Comment

Rolls eyes......continues to eat dinner.....moves on.....
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I totally believe it. My mum said she got pregnant with me simply by getting drunk....!
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Interesting. I wonder what "gene pool",she will lay claim too?:))

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            Never underestimate the power of parental denial.
                            Never underestimate the power of greed. I would place money on the woman being complicit in her daughter getting impregnated.
                            Aut vincere aut mori

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              I totally believe it. My mum said she got pregnant with me simply by getting drunk....!
                              You owe me for the coffee that shot from my nose and mouth onto the computer monitor.

M-21 use to give the Gunny coffee warnings before posting such stuff.

Oh, while I'm at it. People Notice that Gunny is not spelled with a ey. More than a few are spelling it that way. But its hard for me to play spelling nazi when I spell like crap myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X