Bought a new(er) car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new(er) car!

Some of you may remember a few months ago, I came hear for some help with my 20 year old Dodge Shadow..

Well, I still could not figure out what was wrong with it. I replaced lots of parts, brought it into a mechanic, and he even had no clue what was wrong. He said that it could be the computer (ECM). However, they dont make them anymore for that model.
    So I was able to find an ECM from a 93 Plymouth Sundance. My mechanic put that in, and still no dice. He told me that the car is running rich, and perhaps there is a valve stuck open somewhere.. but after searching the car high and low, we could not figure out the problem.

I would have liked to keep the car, and figure out just what the heck was wrong with it. But I have an apartment, and no space to keep the car. So I sold it for 200 dollars.

So, now I have a new car! This past weekend, I bought a 2005 Pontiac Pursuit (also known as a G5). only 51,000 km's, i bought it from a large Ford Dealer, and was able to get myself a good deal on it.

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
    Some of you may remember a few months ago, I came hear for some help with my 20 year old Dodge Shadow..

Well, I still could not figure out what was wrong with it.
    Well, the Dodge part gave it away.

Just joking. I actually have a soft spot for Dodge cars. I like the Charger and Challenger. I rented a Caliber.

Congrats on your new car.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

No gun rack? At least to hold up your rod and reel?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

Just joking. I actually have a soft spot for Dodge cars. I like the Charger and Challenger. I rented a Caliber.

Congrats on your new car.
        Yeah, I have always like the Charger's. The new Challengers are awesome! Not to sound like a redneck, but I have never been a fan of Japanese cars. Except for Subaru's.

I do like british cars though, they have lots of personality. Last summer, my friend's overly british father entered a 60's Morris Minor into a car show. Nice little car, lots of personality. Asked if I could drive it...got a negative on that one.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        No gun rack? At least to hold up your rod and reel?
        I actually, really really wanted a truck. I was looking at alot of Rangers. But two things forced me to look at a car instead. The fact that Rangers have such tiny cabins, and price. My budget did not allow me to buy a decent truck.

But at least the back seats fold down. I recently bought some one peice G-Loomis rods!!
        Last edited by Canmoore; 09 Jul 09,, 03:39.

Comment

Post a picture.

Comment

Yeah, I have always like the Charger's. The new Challengers are awesome! Not to sound like a redneck, but I have never been a fan of Japanese cars. Except for Subaru's.
            You have good taste. I drive a Subaru.

I do like british cars though, they have lots of personality. Last summer, my friend's overly british father entered a 60's Morris Minor into a car show. Nice little car, lots of personality. Asked if I could drive it...got a negative on that one.
            British cars do have character. But they break down a lot. The reliability just sucks. I have driven an MG Midget. That was fun...and scary at the same time. The thing wasn't much bigger than a moped and I was not used to being 3" off the ground at 55MPH.

Comment

*My sis just brought the sport version of the outback. nice car.:)
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post

*My sis just brought the sport version of the outback. nice car.:)
                I have almost the same thing. I drive an Impreza (no turbo). Outback sport is actually not based on Outback but on Impreza. The sport's suspension is slightly higher than the Impreza, has better convenience equipment, and not available with a turbo. I would have liked the raised suspension, but didn't want to shell out the extra money for convenience equipment I didn't need or want.

Comment

Just joking. I actually have a soft spot for Dodge cars.
                  So have i , quicksand does it for me ,;)

but having said that , i had a rover 75 diesel model (bmw engine ) which suffered water damage to the ECM , after buying a new one it had to be set up via computer for the car , not just put a new one in and switch on , oooohhhh no ,, it had to be set up , cost about 1000 pounds for it .

Comment

British cars do have character. But they break down a lot. The reliability just sucks. I have driven an MG Midget. That was fun...and scary at the same time. The thing wasn't much bigger than a moped and I was not used to being 3" off the ground at 55MPH.
                    I had an MGB that I swear my wallet was only three inches off the ground. Like flying an airplane. What a really fun car to drive. I took it on a 12 mile detour through the mountains everyday to get home. Dealing with the God of Darkness (Lucas) was no fun. I got tired of replacing the electric radiator fans and added a mechanical one from a much earlier model.:))
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Ah yes ,Lucas parts were crap when they were good but sadly , there are no more British cars , just as well really as the majority were crap , i think the flagship , the R/R was about the best , oh yea and the e type jag ;)

Comment

Topless

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                        Ah yes ,Lucas parts were crap when they were good but sadly , there are no more British cars , just as well really as the majority were crap , i think the flagship , the R/R was about the best , oh yea and the e type jag ;)
                        Ooooh, the E type! If driving my MGB was like flying an airplane then driving the E 2+2 was a spaceship. Passing cars at 140MPH was an experience to be relished! Anyways, IMHO the Jaguar convertible has probably the best lines of any car in production today. OK, maybe I'm a little biased but you take the top off and it changes the whole picture. Hmmm, isn't that how OOE got himself in trouble? Taking the top off (or imagining it off!)?;)
                        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                          Ooooh, the E type! If driving my MGB was like flying an airplane then driving the E 2+2 was a spaceship. Passing cars at 140MPH was an experience to be relished! Anyways, IMHO the Jaguar convertible has probably the best lines of any car in production today. OK, maybe I'm a little biased but you take the top off and it changes the whole picture. Hmmm, isn't that how OOE got himself in trouble? Taking the top off (or imagining it off!)?;)
                          Yes S/S a brill motor , must have been the sexiest car ever built , as for Ooe he never got into trouble did he ?????? only imagined it is all

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                            i always think that E Types are a bit too far from the ground, arent they?
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                              i always think that E Types are a bit too far from the ground, arent they?
                              looks are in the eye Big K , but IMO the e type was , and still is an icon , but , whatever floats ya boat buddy ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X