• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA cause massive soccer upset

USA beat Spain in massive Confederation Cup shock : RICHMARK SENTINEL

Absolutely brilliant guys.

You weren't given a prayer.

The USA team showed me one of the best defensive performance in years in that game. Shame that not many of you guys are concerned.
    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Saw a couple of moments on youtube, the guys did well and that's great. The more good teams the better the game. We'll wait them on World Championship next year!
      We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
        The USA team showed me one of the best defensive performance in years in that game. Shame that not many of you guys are concerned.
        Soccer here takes a backseat to Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey. No explanations its just the way it is. Perhaps maybe due to betting popularity and the high salaries paid for top performers;)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
          Soccer here takes a backseat to Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.
          And their collegiate incarnations. On the bright side, they'll be able to celebrate in peace as nobody has a clue who they are.
          F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            Soccer here takes a backseat to Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey. No explanations its just the way it is. Perhaps maybe due to betting popularity and the high salaries paid for top performers;)
            I think thats changing somewhat. I know that in North Carolina, and probably much of the South and West, soccer is much more popular than Hockey. It is still behind Football, Baseball, and Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
              I think thats changing somewhat. I know that in North Carolina, and probably much of the South and West, soccer is much more popular than Hockey. It is still behind Football, Baseball, and Basketball.
              You need ballz to play hockey, so you're telling me everyone in North Carolina, the "south and west" don't have balls?

Comment

And USA only lost to Italy because of this "new jersey born" player on team Italy LOL

Comment

Ray Hudson on Goltv is my favourite football ("soccer") commentator. Maybe not as professional as those on British tv stations (he's English though), but way more passionate.

夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

every school stadium in my area has footbal, baseball fields, some have dedicated soccer field, some just put soccer gates across football fields, in most highschools boys play football, girls play soccer, it isn't that unusual.

-
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Congrats to USA :)

well done.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                        You need ballz to play hockey, so you're telling me everyone in North Carolina, the "south and west" don't have balls?
                        Well, more than ballz, you need ice. We don't have a lot of that.
                        Try to skate on a pond here in Jan, and you are likely to take a dip. :)

We did invent NASCAR here. Basically took the family Sedan, and ran it around a track at 150 mph for a couple of hours. Now that takes ballz, but brains are optional. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
                          Well, more than ballz, you need ice. We don't have a lot of that.
                          Try to skate on a pond here in Jan, and you are likely to take a dip. :)

We did invent NASCAR here. Basically took the family Sedan, and ran it around a track at 150 mph for a couple of hours. Now that takes ballz, but brains are optional. :)
                          Nascar rules, you need big balls for tthat :)

Yeah, ice hockey in general is just ridiculously expensive. We're a hockey nation, yet there's a big percentage that can't afford to send their kids to play hockey

Thats why we play street hockey :))

Comment

Guys, USA is leading Brazil 2-0 now. If it ends this way it would be a bomb! USA's defence line is really good.
                            夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
                              Guys, USA is leading Brazil 2-0 now. If it ends this way it would be a bomb! USA's defence line is really good.

I said a few years ago , that USA would win the world cup before the UK would , in a country that big , there must be masses of talent , and they proved that when beating the spanish .

Comment

Working...
                              X