PDA

View Full Version : USA cause massive soccer upset

Traps
24 Jun 09,, 22:44
USA beat Spain in massive Confederation Cup shock : RICHMARK SENTINEL (http://www.richmarksentinel.com/rs_headlines.asp?recid=53)

Absolutely brilliant guys.

You weren't given a prayer.

snowhole
25 Jun 09,, 00:17
The USA team showed me one of the best defensive performance in years in that game. Shame that not many of you guys are concerned.

Andrey Egorov
25 Jun 09,, 06:28
Saw a couple of moments on youtube, the guys did well and that's great. The more good teams the better the game. We'll wait them on World Championship next year!

Dreadnought
25 Jun 09,, 14:41
The USA team showed me one of the best defensive performance in years in that game. Shame that not many of you guys are concerned.

Soccer here takes a backseat to Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey. No explanations its just the way it is. Perhaps maybe due to betting popularity and the high salaries paid for top performers;)

BenRoethig
25 Jun 09,, 14:57
Soccer here takes a backseat to Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

And their collegiate incarnations. On the bright side, they'll be able to celebrate in peace as nobody has a clue who they are.

Johnny W
25 Jun 09,, 15:20
Soccer here takes a backseat to Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey. No explanations its just the way it is. Perhaps maybe due to betting popularity and the high salaries paid for top performers;)

I think thats changing somewhat. I know that in North Carolina, and probably much of the South and West, soccer is much more popular than Hockey. It is still behind Football, Baseball, and Basketball.

Mobbme
25 Jun 09,, 16:31
I think thats changing somewhat. I know that in North Carolina, and probably much of the South and West, soccer is much more popular than Hockey. It is still behind Football, Baseball, and Basketball.

You need ballz to play hockey, so you're telling me everyone in North Carolina, the "south and west" don't have balls? :rolleyes:

Mobbme
25 Jun 09,, 16:32
And USA only lost to Italy because of this "new jersey born" player on team Italy LOL

snowhole
25 Jun 09,, 17:13
Ray Hudson on Goltv is my favourite football ("soccer") commentator. Maybe not as professional as those on British tv stations (he's English though), but way more passionate.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/499TYSKaxKY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/499TYSKaxKY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3x7gu-7WXvI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3x7gu-7WXvI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

omon
25 Jun 09,, 18:34
every school stadium in my area has footbal, baseball fields, some have dedicated soccer field, some just put soccer gates across football fields, in most highschools boys play football, girls play soccer, it isn't that unusual.

-

Big K
25 Jun 09,, 18:42
Congrats to USA :)

well done.

Johnny W
26 Jun 09,, 03:24
You need ballz to play hockey, so you're telling me everyone in North Carolina, the "south and west" don't have balls? :rolleyes:

Well, more than ballz, you need ice. We don't have a lot of that.
Try to skate on a pond here in Jan, and you are likely to take a dip. :)

We did invent NASCAR here. Basically took the family Sedan, and ran it around a track at 150 mph for a couple of hours. Now that takes ballz, but brains are optional. :)

Mobbme
26 Jun 09,, 04:30
Well, more than ballz, you need ice. We don't have a lot of that.
Try to skate on a pond here in Jan, and you are likely to take a dip. :)

We did invent NASCAR here. Basically took the family Sedan, and ran it around a track at 150 mph for a couple of hours. Now that takes ballz, but brains are optional. :)

Nascar rules, you need big balls for tthat :)

Yeah, ice hockey in general is just ridiculously expensive. We're a hockey nation, yet there's a big percentage that can't afford to send their kids to play hockey :eek:

Thats why we play street hockey :))

snowhole
28 Jun 09,, 21:09
Guys, USA is leading Brazil 2-0 now. If it ends this way it would be a bomb! USA's defence line is really good.

tankie
28 Jun 09,, 21:13
Guys, USA is leading Brazil 2-0 now. If it ends this way it would be a bomb! USA's defence line is really good.

I said a few years ago , that USA would win the world cup before the UK would , in a country that big , there must be masses of talent , and they proved that when beating the spanish .:cool:

snowhole
28 Jun 09,, 21:25
Hope that could help football gain a bigger market in North America. :)

snowhole
28 Jun 09,, 21:38
Oops, Brazil got one back.

snowhole
28 Jun 09,, 22:03
Howard has been great, but Brazil clearly has a better game in the 2nd half.

snowhole
28 Jun 09,, 22:04
2-2. Luis Fabiano. He IS a good goal despite many say he doesn't deserve to be no.9 for Brazil.

snowhole
28 Jun 09,, 22:17
2-3, Lucio. Well, Brazil is a far stronger team after all.

BenRoethig
28 Jun 09,, 22:18
Hope that could help football gain a bigger market in North America. :)

Not likely unless its has goal posts and quarterbacks.

ArmchairGeneral
29 Jun 09,, 00:21
:frown:

snowhole
29 Jun 09,, 00:52
No reason to be upset. Team USA already did an amazing job. Having not got a very strong squad, they did ok against Brazil and Italy (2 of the most cultured football-nations among others), slashed African champions Egypt and qualified miraculously, beat European champions Spain, fought fair and kept a clean sheet for 45 mins against Brazil in the final. Not bad at all.

Mobbme
29 Jun 09,, 00:53
Why was Bradley suspended? I heard he shouldn't have been suspended.